• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Site Catalog Categories?
Site Catalog Categories?
CoffeeCone

Message # 1 | 9:18 AM
I am going to use the Site Catalog module as sort of a link directory area. Kind of like what Digg or del.icio.us does where people will be able to share links that they want (doesn't necessarily need to be a website).

In short, I want it to become an online bookmarking thing.

Question 1. So my question is, can you provide a big list of possible categories for various kinds of links? (Enclosed in a [code] tag.)
Question 2. Can I make it so that users aren't required to select a Category for their entries? E.g. They can just post links.

If Question 2 is possible then disregard Question 1.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Post edited by shadowslash - Saturday, 2011-01-15, 9:19 AM
Animorph

Message # 2 | 10:13 AM
Quote (shadowslash)
So my question is, can you provide a big list of possible categories for various kinds of links?

i have readed your PM and as far as i know i always get a BIG list
you can choose these options if you are installing the module:
- Small catalog (18 categories)
- Large catalog (220 categories)
- Without categories

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 3 | 11:20 AM
shadowslash,
Quote (shadowslash)
Can I make it so that users aren't required to select a Category for their entries? E.g. They can just post links.
It is not possible, as far as i am aware

Quote (shadowslash)
So my question is, can you provide a big list of possible categories for various kinds of links? (Enclosed in a [code] tag.)

You may change the current name of the category or add your own. Up to 1000 categories can be added.
valaki

Message # 4 | 8:44 AM
Hi,
The Site Catalog modul it might do to the materials and comments to a page <<back | next>> application installed?
To be able to navigate between the charged material ...
Natashko

Message # 5 | 9:49 AM
valaki, the page switcher will appear at your Site catalog automatically, when the number of entries on the main page will exceed the limit. You can set it up in CP->Site Catalog->Module settings->Number of entries on the main page:->select the necessary number of entries and Save. Although, the page switcher will not look like the one your requested. It will show the number of pages and not just back-next.
valaki

Message # 6 | 12:29 PM
Natashko,But where contributors to the material, then that can not be applied ...

Added (2011-04-08, 6:29 Am)
---------------------------------------------
For example, the possibility of online games such comments will have to <<back | forward>>, now would I need such a site is our catalog.
But that does not accept: PREVIOUS_ENTRY_URL and NEXT_ENTRY_URL

Natashko

Message # 7 | 2:23 PM
valaki, it is not possible, as far as I am aware. You may try to accomplish it by means of scripts. But I do no guaranty it will work.
EDmanagement

Message # 8 | 9:33 AM
Hi ...
Just want to ask u ...

i need 3 file catalog ...( Site menu )

just now i only got 1 ....

i need to rename like this

1. General File catalog
2. ED File Catalog
3. PPP File Catalog

if possible or not to have more then 1 menu file catalog

thanks
redhead

Message # 9 | 1:24 PM
EDmanagement, If you want just to create different menu items - then yes, you can do this. This link might be helpful: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-26197-16-1238853004
EDmanagement

Message # 10 | 3:27 AM
Already created 3 file catalog

File Catalog 1
File Catalog 2
File Catalog 3

i need separate file catalog that is mean when i open the file Catalog 1 ..i only can view the file 1 ..and so on .

how to make difference url for file catalog

now i only copy the url file catalog http://penanged.ucoz.com/load/...

but 3 file open the same thing ..

i need separate 3 file catalog

thanks
lilu

Message # 11 | 10:41 AM
EDmanagement, you can create different categories for File Catalog in the Control Panel:
File Catalog -> Categories management

By creation of a new entry put it into the necessary category (choose the category)

In CP -> Design -> Site menu builder change the items of the menu so that each item opens a separate category
EDmanagement

Message # 12 | 3:38 AM
Thank you,everything works now biggrin biggrin biggrin
carloscompu

Message # 13 | 1:46 PM
I turned my site catalog into a live stream seccion but the catagory search page is not working if i choose a movie inside this page it will reload in a difrent page instead of going to the entry page .I HAVN'T MODIFY THE APPEARANCE TET ,ITS IN ITS ORIGINAL TEMPLATE ONLY THE BAKGROUND HAVE BEEN CHANGED.
HERES THE LINK SO YOU CAN TEST IT.ITS THE MOVIE CATAGORY
AND THE SEARCH ENGINE TAKES ME TO THE MAIN PAGE
http://cyberq.org/dir/peliculas/1

SEARCH ENGINE PAGE SEARCHING DRAGON BALL
http://cyberq.org/dir/
Post edited by carloscompu - Saturday, 2012-11-10, 1:47 PM
Sunny

Message # 14 | 1:09 PM
carloscompu, try to disable AJAX in page switchers (in Common Settings).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
carloscompu

Message # 15 | 1:41 PM
I disabled it and its still the same
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Site Catalog Categories?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: