uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Everything about Custom fields goes here (how to enable and add to the template)
Everything about Custom fields goes here
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:13 PM
Custom fields may be enabled in the following modules:

Site News
Site Catalog
Ad Board
Blog
Photo Albums
Online games
5 Custom fields
5 Custom fields
5 Custom fields
5 Custom fields
5 Custom fields
5 Custom fields

Custom fields may be enabled in Control panel->any of the mentioned above modules->Module settings->Fields of a new entry form

Custom field is enabled, when the first box(not mandatory field) or both boxes (mandatory field) are checked. Do not forget to click Save at the bottom of the page.

Both standard and custom fields of a new entry form may be re-named. It can be done via Substitution of default phrases.

To embed the enabled custom filed into the templates of Page with entry full text and its comments or Entry adding/editing page, use this code:
$OTHER1$

Note: Custom fields as well as the code have numeration. It means that if Custom field 1 is enabled, its code is going to be $OTHER1$. And if Custom field 2 - $OTHER2$ etc
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 16 | 3:14 PM
hezz, it is easy. Only copy and paste $code$.
coatham

Message # 17 | 3:14 PM
Animorph, I clicked that but it dont have the Custom Field 1 etc.
Need More In Depth Help About a topic post it here: Click Here
hezz

Message # 18 | 3:14 PM
i tried to do so but i don't know where exactly to paste them so i paste them beside $BRIEF$ and when i tried to save a message appeared $COUNTERS$ are used more than once??
Animorph

Message # 19 | 3:14 PM
coatham, what doe you actually want to change with the names

-Custom field 3 name?

To busy building a passive income online ;)
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 20 | 3:14 PM
hezz, find $COUNTERS$ codes and delete one of them.
hezz

Message # 21 | 3:14 PM
I DIDN'T FIND ANY COUNTERS???

Added (2011-06-21, 6:30 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I RESTORED THE TEMPLATE TO ITS ORIGINAL FORM AND THEN TRIED AGAIN AND THE SAME MESSAGE RECEIVED "$COUNTER$ code is used more than once." AND WHEN I SEARCHED I DIDN'T FIND IN THE html ANY $COUNTER$, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS MISSING I DIDN'T DO

Added (2011-06-21, 6:35 Am)
BY THE WAY I GO TO ANOTHER MODULE"pUBLISHER" AND I DIDN'T DO ANY MODIFICATIONS BUT WHEN I TRIED TO CLICK SAVE THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS, WHAT DO THAT MEANS???

o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 22 | 3:14 PM
hezz, find code $COUNTER$ in global blocks.
Natashko

Message # 23 | 3:14 PM
hezz, go to CP->Design->Design management (templates)->Global blocks. Search for $COUNTER$ code in each template. When you find it - remove one.
Chibo

Message # 24 | 2:35 PM
can I ask why FILE CATALOG doesn't have custom fields?
I have one big problem on my site witch is http://vreaumuzica.ucoz.com
There on the site the section descarca muzica/download music is FILE Catalog. No custom fields means that I can add just one place from were the song can be downloaded and I need at least 3.
What can solve the problem?
Natashko

Message # 25 | 2:41 PM
Chibo, you may add new fields in CP->File Catalog->Module settings->Fields of a new entry form. You may also add "http://" prefix automatically for the fields:
Link for archive downloading from another server
Author's website
Link to entry source
Link to entry documentation
Chibo

Message # 26 | 2:46 PM
means that the last 3 fields from your message Author's website Link to entry source Link to entry documentation can be changed and there I can add my links for DOWNLOAD?
Natashko

Message # 27 | 2:54 PM
Chibo,
Quote (Chibo)
means that the last 3 fields from your message Author's website Link to entry source Link to entry documentation can be changed and there I can add my links for DOWNLOAD?

If you check them as "Fields of a new entry form" and then enable "Add "http://" prefix automatically for the fields" for these fields, then - yes. Fields with this option enabled can be used for links only
Chibo

Message # 28 | 3:03 PM
Ya ride now I was looking in the file catalog ----->module settings and now I understand, after I modify those in the module settings there is something that i have to do in "Page with entry full text and it's comments"? I mean how it look/design, were to appear?
Thanks for the answer because i thought that all my work it's for nothing:))
Natashko

Message # 29 | 3:13 PM
Chibo,
Quote (Chibo)
I modify those in the module settings there is something that i have to do in "Page with entry full text and it's comments"? I mean how it look/design, were to appear?

I am not sure I understand the question. If you add these fields - they will just be added, you do not need to change anything in Design customization section, unless you want to.
Chibo

Message # 30 | 3:30 PM
I'm talking about this
Code
<?if($FILE_URL$ || $RFILE_URL$ || $SCREEN_URL$)?>[ <?if($FILE_URL$)?><a href="$FILE_URL$"><!--<s5223>-->Descarcă de pe server<!--</s>--></a> ($FILE_SIZE$)<?endif?>
<?if($RFILE_URL$)?> · <a href="$RFILE_URL$" target="_blank"><!--<s5224>-->Descarcă de pe sursă<!--</s>--></a> ($RFILE_SIZE$)<?endif?>
<?if($SCREEN_URL$)?> · <a href="$SCREEN_URL$" target="_blank"><!--<s5187>-->Captură ecran<!--</s>--></a><?endif?> ]<?endif?>

after I make the modification in file catalog-------->module settings------->"Fields of a new entry form"
in the "Page with entry full text and it's comments" i have to put 3 more codes as above, were i change the $RFILE_URL$ with the ride code for the Author's website........or not?
I'm asking because After adding one entry on a test site appears just one link that for $RFILE_URL$ and the others don't.

Added (2011-10-07, 9:30 Am)
I changed that code (from previous message) in page with entry full text and its comments with this and it works just fine

Code
<?if($FILE_URL$ || $RFILE_URL$ || $SCREEN_URL$)?>[ <?if($FILE_URL$)?><a href="$FILE_URL$"><!--<s5223>-->Descarcă de pe server<!--</s>--></a> ($FILE_SIZE$)<?endif?>
<?if($RFILE_URL$)?> · <a href="$RFILE_URL$" target="_blank"><!--<s5224>-->Descarcă de pe sursă<!--</s>--></a> ($RFILE_SIZE$)<?endif?>
<?if($SCREEN_URL$)?> · <a href="$SCREEN_URL$" target="_blank"><!--<s5187>-->Captură ecran<!--</s>--></a><?endif?> ]<?endif?>

<?if($FILE_URL$ || $AUTHOR_SITE$ || $SCREEN_URL$)?>[ <?if($FILE_URL$)?><a href="$FILE_URL$"><!--<s5223>-->Descarcă de pe server<!--</s>--></a> ($FILE_SIZE$)<?endif?>
<?if($AUTHOR_SITE$)?> · <a href="$AUTHOR_SITE$" target="_blank"><!--<s5224>-->Descarcă de pe sursă<!--</s>--></a> ($RFILE_SIZE$)<?endif?>

it's works:) now i just have to see were to appear in the page and it's done. Thanks a lot, you have one vote from me.:)
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Everything about Custom fields goes here (how to enable and add to the template)
Search: