uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Comments. Everything about comments in Catalogs (Adding comments, structure, display etc)
Comments. Everything about comments in Catalogs
Natashko

Message # 1 | 1:39 PM
Comment Settings

There are two types of comment structure in uCoz:

Simple comment structure – where users' comments go one by one as the messages are added.

Tree-like comment structure – where users can answer the comments of other users. In this case new comments are situated under the answered comment. The tree-like structure is enabled by default, to disable it and enable the simple structure, go to Common Settings and remove the checkmark for Use tree-like comments structure.

Each module has separate comment settings: Control Panel -> any module -> Module settings -> Enable "Comments" feature for the current module. If this checkbox is enabled, the possibility to comment entries of this module appears.

It is also possible to set the number of comments per page and the way the new comments are displayed (Top or Bottom part of the page).

Appearance of comments can be changed in Control Panel -> Design-> Design management (templates) -> Comments -> templates: Appearance of comments and Form for adding comments

Codes to display comments

The codes to display comments work in the Appearance of entries and Page with entry full text and its comments templates.

Appearance of entries codes are:

Page with entry full text and its comments code are:

Users, setting permissions for comments

Besides enabling or disabling comments for modules, it is also possible to set permissions for groups to comment.

It can be done in Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permissions for all groups -> Comments.

Note: When commenting, the system group "Users" should type in the security code (captcha). This option can be disabled for sites with local authorization, though. See more about it here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-13797-79382-16-1309955294

Limitations: 4000 comments may be added to each entry.

Comments can be rated!

Note:

Comments can be added in modules only (except for Guestbook, FAQ and Tests).

Comments will not work on the pages, created via Page Editor!
Sunny

Message # 16 | 9:20 AM
carloscompu, "recieve new comment notice" - new comment where? In a certain module, in a certain entry, new comments in general? You can use Informers in the last case.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
carloscompu

Message # 17 | 8:47 PM
I mean my webpage is interactive where users will recieve coments for there post so i need them to know when they have recieved new coments in all their entries,this indicater will be like the one I have for Private messages on the sidebar aso that users will now when they have a new comment and the amount of new comments if posible
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 18 | 4:11 AM
carloscompu, unfortunately this isn't possible using the standard system. It may be possible through the use of custom JavaScript however I am not entirely sure on the concept work behind this. wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
carloscompu

Message # 19 | 2:00 PM
k thanks If someone can can help with the scripts it would be wonderful
cause its really something nesesary when you have a website with comment system
Sunny

Message # 20 | 3:08 PM
carloscompu, you can use the following script (this is the feature from the user bar):

Code
<a title="Updates" href="javascript://" rel="nofollow" onclick="new _uWnd('Rh',' ',400,250,{autosize:1,closeonesc:1,maxh:300,minh:100},{url:'/index/67'});return false;">Subscribe to updates</a>

carloscompu

Message # 21 | 3:25 PM
This code shows the subscribtion ,this is great thanks
But one question;
Is This number the amount of coments recieved?
If there is a change in the number will there be a indication or just the number will change?
Im sorry for asking to much Im just want to know wat im working with here,just to learn

wat does rel="nofollow" mean in this code

Can you give me the linkcode for users comment management that appears in the user bar as well?
It will be useful And thanks
Phantom_of_the_Opera

Message # 22 | 3:39 PM
wat does rel="nofollow" mean in this code

it's SEO trick for Google. don't bother yourself.

carloscompu

Message # 23 | 4:36 PM
Thanks Phantom you cleared my question

Can you give me the linkcode for users comment management that appears in the user bar as well?
It will be useful And thanks
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 24 | 1:53 PM
carloscompu,

Code
rel="nofollow"

It's used essentially to tell GoogleBot, BingBot, Yandex (etc, etc, etc,) not to follow the link. Meaning it won't follow the link and index the pages therefore affecting your sites overall standing within the search engine (so per se for Google, Page Rank). For more information, look here.

Quote (carloscompu)

/index/86 wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
carloscompu

Message # 25 | 3:39 PM
When I log in as a user this code takes me to a page that says access denied
Im looking for the code that will take the users to their own comment admin.so they can see the list of comment Taht they have recieved I can use the one on the profile but this only says the comments that the users have done
and the code to show the amount of comments that the users have recieved
Post edited by carloscompu - Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 3:48 PM
Sunny

Message # 26 | 6:42 PM
carloscompu, the Comment Management on Admin Bar is an administrative function to manage all comments on a website.

Quote (carloscompu)
the code to show the amount of comments that the users have recieved

By standard means it is not possible.

carloscompu

Message # 27 | 7:53 AM
I dont mean the admin
I mean the comment entry that users can access in the user bar
On control, users has an option of "my comments"and "entry comments"
These are the ones Im asking for
I will also need the amount of comments recieved
Im sorry if I didnt explain myself clearly

Added (2012-11-10, 9:06 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Iv been waiting for my las question

and I needed to know if there is a code for the total of coments in my whole website

Added (2013-04-09, 1:53 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Can I have the full script for "$SUBSCRIBE$"

Sunny

Message # 28 | 11:22 AM
Quote (carloscompu)
Can I have the full script for "$SUBSCRIBE$"

No, I can't provide it.

carloscompu

Message # 29 | 6:08 PM
Is there a way to change the words instead of notify put in follow this post

My webpage is in english cause ucoz dont have the new comment feature in spanish website .So I edit it in spanish but the webpage is set in english .I cant find it niether in Substitution of default phrases
Sunny

Message # 30 | 1:06 PM
carloscompu, please show a screenshot of what exactly you want to change.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Comments. Everything about comments in Catalogs (Adding comments, structure, display etc)
Search: