• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » File catalog permision bug?
File catalog permision bug?
sinX

Message # 1 | 9:09 PM
Hey I have problem with acces to files in my file catalog.
Whats going on?
I have 2 groups.
Group A and grup B.
I've created half website invisible for guys from group B. One guy from A has written at fb direct link to file from my forum. And this file is able to guys from Group B;/
How I can change permision for ftp files?
Here Main » Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups i swith off donload from guest but not loged guys can still download my file...
Just they need write
my_website.ucoz.com/my_file.pdf

Regards and pls help
Post edited by sinX - Tuesday, 2011-09-13, 11:02 AM
Natashko

Message # 2 | 9:09 AM
sinX, it is really difficult for me to understand you. But if you say that someone posted the link to the file in your File Manager and then users from group B used that link to download the file from your File manager - well... there is nothing you can do about it as long as they have a link. All you can do is to forbid access to File Manager in CP->Main » Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups->Other->Use File Manager. But users will still be able to download files, if they have a link.
sinX

Message # 3 | 11:17 AM
Thanks for your answer.
I've searched half internet and... i can say only it: block direct link to file isn't easy... However... If i find solution, i will write it here.
regards
Arthur2186

Message # 4 | 5:09 PM
Hi sinX,

I have exactly the same problem as you do. I searched on the net and there are many sophisticated ways to block the direct link. But how can I do that on Ucoz in simple way? If you found the way, please let me know!!!!!! Thanks!!!

Added (2012-11-20, 11:09 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Hi again,

I found a way on Internet to use .htaccess to prevent the stealing files using direct links, but it says that the server must be Apache? So is it going to word for Ucoz and how exactly. Where I need to upload that .htaccess file?

Thanks!

Sunny

Message # 5 | 10:55 AM
Arthur2186, it's not possible to upload .htaccess files on uCoz.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Arthur2186

Message # 6 | 11:49 AM
Thank you Sunny!
But are there any other ways on Ucoz that I can use to prevent my current members from sharing direct links of files with other non-members?
Post edited by Arthur2186 - Friday, 2012-11-23, 11:49 AM
Sunny

Message # 7 | 2:59 PM
Arthur2186, unfortunately it is not possible to limit access by direct links.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » File catalog permision bug?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: