• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Questions regarding ad board
Questions regarding ad board
Doomcaster

Message # 1 | 7:51 PM
1. Suppose a users registers on uCoz(by going on my website and creating a uCoz account to login) with his info(phone, city, name etc), can I use the info of the registered users when he is posting an ad so that he isn't required to fill up the fields?

Eg- If user A registers with his info-
Name-A
Phone-9999999999
Place-xyz

now when he posts an ad on my site, he can see some of the fields filled in because he is registered.
Name-A
email-
Phone-999999999
Place-xyz

2. A guest who wants to register on my site, can he do so if I dont have the premium package or he can register to uCoz and login with his uid, bypassing my site registration?

3. "Block activity of users with unconfirmed e-mails:"- Will this block the activity of" Guest" too?

4. What all things lead to decrease in disk space?

5. Where all can i see the group of the user?

6. When i click on an ad, i can see "Added by: xyz"......i want to edit it so it looks like "Added by: xyz(group name)"
and can i change the font size and style of the above?
Post edited by Doomcaster - Saturday, 2012-11-17, 8:11 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 3:31 AM
Quote (Doomcaster)
1. Suppose a users registers on uCoz(by going on my website and creating a uCoz account to login) with his info(phone, city, name etc), can I use the info of the registered users when he is posting an ad so that he isn't required to fill up the fields?

Eg- If user A registers with his info-
Name-A
Phone-9999999999
Place-xyz

now when he posts an ad on my site, he can see some of the fields filled in because he is registered.
Name-A
email-
Phone-999999999
Place-xyz

I don't believe there is a system feature for this however it would be definitely possible to custom code using a little JavaScript. smile

Quote (Doomcaster)
2. A guest who wants to register on my site, can he do so if I dont have the premium package or he can register to uCoz and login with his uid, bypassing my site registration?

If you have not paid for 'Local Users' your site's default registration/login authorisation is through uID - meaning your registration process is exactly the same as the one uID has in place. As to logging in, any user with a uID account can login to your site, unless of course you have 'Local Users' enabled.

Quote (Doomcaster)
3. "Block activity of users with unconfirmed e-mails:"- Will this block the activity of" Guest" too?

Guests cannot 'confirm' there emails as such so there activity is not bound by this control.

Quote (Doomcaster)
4. What all things lead to decrease in disk space?

I don't understand your question I'm sorry. Could you elaborate further on what you are asking.

Quote (Doomcaster)
5. Where all can i see the group of the user?

If you are meaning on site - you can view users' groups on their profile pages, site users page and forum threads. Alternatively you can search for specific users in the 'Users List' in the Control Panel or otherwise browse through the same list.

Quote (Doomcaster)
6. When i click on an ad, i can see "Added by: xyz"......i want to edit it so it looks like "Added by: xyz(group name)" and can i change the font size and style of the above?

Open Control Panel > Design Customisation > Ad Board > Page with entry full text. From here search for the text you'd like to change and you should be able to do what you're after. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Doomcaster

Message # 3 | 9:47 AM
4. Free users get a space of 400 mb. So what exactly is this space and how is this space utilized? What all activities lead to reduction in space?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 9:49 AM
Doomcaster, use of the page editor, file manager, and images/resources attached (or uploaded) through use of the other modules attributes to this total. wink
Doomcaster

Message # 5 | 1:42 PM
oh ok thank you!
any idea why cant i access my control panel? It has been almost 4 hours. And my website seems to open very slow too.
edit- now I cant open my website too. and my net is working perfectly fine.
Post edited by Doomcaster - Sunday, 2012-11-18, 1:45 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 1:45 PM
Doomcaster, refer to the status's thread, there are wide-spread server outages. This weekend hasn't been the best for one of your datacenters. wink
Doomcaster

Message # 7 | 7:00 PM
Ok, thank you for replying so quick. I wish uCoz best of luck in mitigating these attacks and getting the servers up and running smile

Added (2012-11-26, 1:00 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have 1 more small problem-
In the page with full entry text and associated comments, there is a code

<?endif?><?if($USER$)?> <!--<s3178>-->Added by User<!--</s>-->: <a href="$PROFILE_URL$">$USER$ ($USER_GROUP$)</a> | <?endif?>

When I see the ad as the user "doomcaster" I can see Added by User: Doomcaster(administrator)
but when i see the ad as a guest, I see Added by user: Doomcaster(Guests)

Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:59 PM
Doomcaster, the variable $USER_GROUP$ displays the group of the user who views the page, and not the group of the person who added the ad.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Doomcaster

Message # 9 | 7:15 AM
oh lol....ty
which variable is used to display author's name?
Post edited by Doomcaster - Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 7:29 AM
Sunny

Message # 10 | 10:37 AM
Doomcaster, name or group? Unfortunately there is no variable for the group in this template.
Doomcaster

Message # 11 | 11:45 AM
I needed the group....Does that mean a variable for group in available in another template?
Sunny

Message # 12 | 3:32 PM
Doomcaster, for the page where you want it to be displayed it is not available.
Doomcaster

Message # 13 | 10:12 AM
I want to create an option when adding an ad to accept the type of ad ie For sale, Looking For, For rent, Information And I want to display the option selected on the "appearance of entries", how to do it?
Sunny

Message # 14 | 1:51 PM
Doomcaster, you need filters: Control Panel -> Ad Board -> Customize filters. There is one default filter - Ad Type. You can edit it as you like or create a new filter.
Doomcaster

Message # 15 | 9:55 AM
Thank you Sunny[again :)]

1. What help will filters give me? They are used to help search for entries....
I need an option while adding ads like-
Type of ad- A/B/C/D
I remember this used to be available while posting ads, but its gone now. The options there were, Information, Suplly, Demand.

2.Is there anything between font size 2 and 3?

3. How can I edit an existing template?

4.Eg- I dont want the round corners in the existing template, and I want So can I edit it or do I have to change the template?

5 Can i Create a button with a link to ad board module?

Added (2012-12-03, 3:55 AM)
---------------------------------------------
bump...

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Questions regarding ad board
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: