• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Stop the auto-redirection of Page Entry of Site Catalog
Stop the auto-redirection of Page Entry of Site Catalog
khen

Message # 1 | 1:12 AM
Everytime I finished posting an entry and clicked the "Go to Entry Page" (which appears in the small pop-up window) in Site Catalog, I'm always redirected to the category/section page of the Site Catalog Module. It find it very hassle and difficult to manage or edit the entry I've posted especially if there there over thousands of entries posted in the Site Catalog. cry :'( cry :'(

I want to stop the auto-redirection after clicking that "Go to Entry Page". How can I do it? It seems that only the uCoz team has the control in editing the script of the pop-up window. Please stop the auto-redirection of my Site Module page. This also for the convenience of my site users.

Post edited by khen - Thursday, 2013-09-26, 1:23 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 8:11 AM
khen, by default there shouldn't be any redirection. Please provide the address of the website where you have this problem.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
khen

Message # 3 | 6:21 AM
Here's the link of the Site Catalog page of my website: http://www.affordablecebu.com/dir/

If you post an entry, a small pop-up window will appear (having "Go to Entry Page" link). If you click that link, you will not be redirected to the entry page but to the section page. This is very hassle if I edit old entries and click that link, I will be redirected to the section page.

How to make it redirect to the Entry Page?

Post edited by khen - Friday, 2013-09-27, 6:24 AM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:03 AM
khen, you need to do the following in the "Appearance of entries" template of your Site Catalog:

find

Code
<div class="eTitle" style="text-align:left;"><a target="_blank" href="$SITE_URL$">$TITLE$</a></div>

and replace it by

Code
<div class="eTitle" style="text-align:left;"><a href="$ENTRY_URL$">$TITLE$</a></div>

khen

Message # 5 | 9:35 AM
Sunny, I didn't change the "Appearance of entries". I already used the $ENTRY_URL$.

The problem is in the pop-up window which appears after posting/saving/editing an entry. You can see the Go to Entry Page link in that pop-up window. Please change the URL of that Go to Entry Page link. Instead of $CATEGORY_URL$, change it to $ENTRY_URL$.

I find it very inconvenient when editing very old entries and saving it. Then upon clicking the Go to Entry Page link, I'm redirected to the Category page. And in this case, I'm not able to view the Entry Page directly. It consumes a lot of time to scroll down and go to another page and another page again just to find the old entry I'm editing. sad

Sunny

Message # 6 | 1:32 PM
khen, it appears that everything works correctly if the field "Entry full text" is enabled. Otherwise it works as you described - the link redirects to the category page. The problem has been forwarded to the developers.
khen

Message # 7 | 6:33 AM
I enabled the Entry Full Text and now it works as what I want. Thanks Sunny!

I hope if $BRIEF$ is just the only one enabled, no redirection to the category page will occur.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Stop the auto-redirection of Page Entry of Site Catalog
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: