uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » User group permissions (access permissions, premoderation)
User group permissions
WillPittenger

Message # 1 | 11:20 PM
I don't want users to see the script pages (or other site implementation files) but they must be accessible from both pages and SVG files. I also want some parts of the catalog to be public so users can access and download images and KMZ files.

Is all that doable?

Will Pittenger
Sunny

Message # 2 | 8:48 AM
WillPittenger, yes, just adjust user group permissions for different sections as you need.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
WillPittenger

Message # 3 | 8:52 AM
Each folder can have its own permissions? I don't expect to allow users other than myself to upload directly there. They might upload images for forum posts and avatars, but that would probably be it.
Will Pittenger
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:39 AM
You can adjust user group permissions for each separate category.
Omar

Message # 5 | 6:29 PM
hello

in file catalog all guest can to add new entry but when they click "add" there write "Entry successfully added

Entry will become available after moderation."

and i whant to delete this "Entry will become available after moderation" and i whant to their entries don't need available after moderation

Cann't talk English organizly

Post edited by Omar - Thursday, 2009-07-02, 6:31 PM
fakeros

Message # 6 | 5:48 AM
control panel > User groups > Edit group properties or permissions > Set permissions for all groups > file catalog > Pre-moderate new entries (must be verified) > in guest uncheck the box.
I m back on track...
Post edited by fakeros - Friday, 2009-07-03, 5:55 AM
{owner}brandon

Message # 7 | 5:54 AM
i go on this site mpgh.net and they have an admin aprove all files before they can be downloaded i was wondering if i could do that on my site and how?
Dartz

Message # 8 | 10:42 AM
There is no such feature, but you can strict user group permissions.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Sunny

Message # 9 | 11:39 AM
{owner}brandon, if you use File Catalog for your files then you can enable pre-moderation of new entries in CP -> Users -> User groups -> Edit group properties and permissions.
CodeResolution

Message # 10 | 5:04 PM
Hey, if possible, how can you make it so that only users who have registered with a high enough age can view the module catagory?
For example on my games site, I have a certain catagory which contains bloody games, so I need only 16's or higher to be able to view the page, and if there not already registered, they can't either (which I already know how to do).

So I only mean for a certain section or catagory. Anyway thanks in advance smile

Best Regards, Mistory

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
DeathGod

Message # 11 | 5:38 PM
Of what I know, no. but there is password.
So you could set password and only those over 16 get that password. but then the password could be revealed to others.

www.drunkenjesus.net
kostova

Message # 12 | 7:31 PM
I use a substring, and it appears to work out just fine. Since you want a 16 year old to be the only age to view this content,
Add this in the Entry Full Text and it's Comments under Online Games Template:
Code
<?if(substr($USER_BIRTHDAY$,0,4)<'1993' and $CID$='2')?>Your age group cannot view this content. Please come back when you are old enough.<?else?><a href="$SWF_LINK$">Play Game</a><?endif?>
But I'm not sure how the date settings you have affect the birthday (i.e. yyyy-mm-dd as oppose to mm-dd-yyyy).

Alternatively, you can use filter values or custom fields and add them to the conditional operator (&&/and) so you can easily block content from the younger audience without referring to the template editor.

Post edited by kostova - Tuesday, 2009-11-24, 8:30 PM
Balrog

Message # 13 | 6:13 PM
Hi uCoz,

For some reason, one of our groups has had it's access to the File Catalog section denied? The said group has downloaded files before, but now can't even get access to it? I've tried unchecking/checking/saving the permissions but to no avail? This is the error that now comes up ...

Your user group is prohibited from doing this action.
Address all your questions to site administrator.

... which points to the donwload/access checkboxs. Is there something I'm missing when it comes to setting File Catalog, and other places, permissions?

Thanks ... Balrog

NTP

Message # 14 | 1:32 AM
could it be something you did with the module design? maybe you need to restore default template.
Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
Tommy

Message # 15 | 2:15 AM
Balrog, please double check the user group permissions once again. You may miss something.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » User group permissions (access permissions, premoderation)
Search: