uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Filters (Creation and use...)
Filters
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:00 PM
Filters are an additional option which can be enabled and adjusted according to user’s needs. Consider filter values (as many as you will specify) as a sort of additional sorting. E.g. if you have catalog sections and categories, you will be able to sort entry value not only by them but by other parameters as well.
Example:
When adding an entry to the music file catalog you can specify the values: section "POP", category "English singers"; and by means of filters you can set the value of, for example, download cost "$2". A drop-down filter menu "download cost" will appear in the catalog, and it will contain the necessary price categories "$2", "$5" etc. By means of this menu your site visitors will be able to view all available files with the download cost, for example, "$2".
This is just an example, you can set any filter with any words (values), the main point is that it will sort (filter) entries.

How do I create a filter.
Let's take File Catalog as an example.
Where to find: Control Panel -> File Catalog -> Customize filters.
You can see the link "filter is inactive". Click it and you'll get to the "Activating filter" tab.
You can see the fields. Let's fill them in the following way:
Name of filter: Cost
List of filter values:
$2
$5
$10
(each value in a new line, max 100 values up to 40 characters each)
Multiple value selection: you can either put a check mark or not.
Click "Save".
You’ll get to the page with the list of values where you can see a new created filter. You can edit it anytime by means of the "wrench" icon

Now go to Control Panel -> File Catalog -> Module settings. Find "Fields of a new entry form" and you will see that a new field with the filter name has been added. Activate this filed and save. And then you will be able to see that a drop-down field with the filter name and the specified values appeared on the page for adding new entries. Now you can also select the price category when adding new files.
Then go to Control Panel -> Customize Design. Let’s put the filter on the section main page of the File Catalog. So we need "Page with section contents".
You can see that a new code appeared on the list under the template – it's $FILTER1_MENU$. All you need is to paste this code into any place you want.
If you have more than one filter the second code will be $FILTER2_MENU$.
You can create 2 filters only.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Loz

Message # 16 | 5:22 PM
Help please,

http://usstravel.ucoz.com

I am going into CP->Main » File Catalog » Customize filters then selecting the 'wrench icon' on my filter and then attempting to add an entry or change an existing entry. Whilst the changes/additions show in the list box, when i click save and then go back to view my filter the changes have NOT been saved.

Natashko

Message # 17 | 9:26 AM
Loz, we have checked your website (filters in particular). The problem wasn't confirmed.
By all appearances the problem is at your end. For testing purposes try to work from another copy of operating system, another computer and, if possible, using another network provider.
If you do not have such possibility, then it is desirable to do the following actions step by step:
1. Disable your firewall, antivirus while running diagnostics;
2. Disable the traffic saving services (e.g., Traffic Compressor);
3. Disable the torrent client or any other services that can create a lot of connections, if any;
4. Try to use another browser or update the current one.
5. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser
Loz

Message # 18 | 7:23 PM
Natashko

Tried 1,3,4 and 5 of your suggestions (2 is not relevant for me) and none of them worked.

BUT just on the off-chance I have just changed the language on the control panel to russian and then re-tried the filter changes i wanted - it worked.

In summary - I got round this by using the russian control panel, but the english version of the control panel (for filters) still does not work for me.

Natashko

Message # 19 | 2:57 PM
Loz,
Quote (Loz)
In summary - I got round this by using the russian control panel, but the english version of the control panel (for filters) still does not work for me.

In this case I suggest you contact Technical Support Service through your account: Control Panel->Help->Technical Support
Vallina

Message # 20 | 5:13 AM
I'm unable to add/delete filter values into the filters in CP. I can add/delete the filter values on the edit filter page, but when I press save, it refreshes the page back to the main filter page, but doesn't save anything. Tried it on 2 different browsers (Safari & Firefox) already. The only way I can edit the filters is if I delete the whole thing and start anew again.
Post edited by Vallina - Friday, 2011-12-16, 5:14 AM
Sunny

Message # 21 | 1:22 PM
Vallina, forwarded to the techs.
Nick3301

Message # 22 | 6:21 PM
cry how would make a rating filter? please help. cry
bodbreed

Message # 23 | 7:47 PM
Is it possible to make a filter for today/weekly/monthly for when posts are uploaded?
Sunny

Message # 24 | 4:38 PM
XO-Ferg, I'm afraid that's not possible.
lunarmax

Message # 25 | 8:21 AM
Sunny, can eshop have filters with categories?
Trouble maker
Sunny

Message # 26 | 9:50 AM
lunarmax, filters can be created for the fields available in the Module settings:

lunarmax

Message # 27 | 1:15 AM
Sunny, thank you for trying... but i have already checked that option and it has nothing to do with category unfortunately - only fields. sad no worries i hope the developers start to do something new and make a change... 'cause from our last issue they still have not solved a thing.
Trouble maker
Sunny

Message # 28 | 2:53 PM
Quote lunarmax ()
'cause from our last issue they still have not solved a thing.

Please remind me of the issue you mean.

lunarmax

Message # 29 | 4:33 AM
Thanks anyway i have created my own filter with options, which works fine ... wink

How to? whenever i choose a filter option (not the one i have created), how to make the whole page refresh instead of just the content...?

Can i manually create a copy of the filter option which ucoz provides and setup the javascript code? so everytime if someone selects an option the whole page will refresh, i think that is possible ...

i even though disabled ajax. but still nothing it still refreshing the content.. mby i need some time to wait?

i know sounds dumb "downshifting" but this is the only thing to fix my issue. biggrin cry

Trouble maker
Post edited by lunarmax - Thursday, 2015-07-09, 4:37 AM
Sunny

Message # 30 | 8:34 AM
lunarmax, with the standard system tools it is not possible. Must be possible with a custom script, but unfortunately I cannot help you with one.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Filters (Creation and use...)
Search: