• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Photo of the day, year, month
Photo of the day, year, month
Pufi

Message # 1 | 6:21 PM
Hi. How can I create something (like an informer I guess) which displays on the first page a photo you have chosed as photo of the day, month and so on?
Animorph

Message # 2 | 6:48 PM
Pufi, that is not possible with Informers , you could do it manually by just creating a table with a picture and a link to the photo his location for example
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 3 | 3:06 PM
Pufi, it is possible to be done in various ways. But keep in mind, you will have to change photo every day manually. it is not possible to make it choose display photos automatically each day.
kostova

Message # 4 | 10:45 PM
There is a method I use and is quite simple. Create your informer and display only 1 entry.
Make sure it's ordered so it displays the newest photo or entry and under Additional Options, type in the EntryID of the photo you want to be displayed.

This is where administrator powers come in. You can find the EntryID in a variety of ways:
1. View an entry, and click Design tab on the userbar and go down to List of Page Variables, find phEnt# - you only need the number.
2. Go to Entries Management in the control panel for Photo Albums, the entry ID's should be listed on the left of each image. Just find the corresponding image or the image you want to be displayed.

It isn't as tedious as you'd expect because after all, you are the one choosing the image of the day. All you have to do is find the ID and edit your informer each day for the correct ID. Be aware that informers take a little time to change, but it shouldn't be a problem.

There is another way which is much easier to choose the image, but it's not very intuitive. You would have to use a custom field and adjust your template so regular users can't accidentally choose the option.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Photo of the day, year, month
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: