• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » main page exactly like site news (how?)
main page exactly like site news
belwix

Message # 1 | 8:18 AM
i want my main page exactly like site news.
it because i can make the entry to short and enable comment&rate box there.
can you explain how please.
i also have did $CUT$ code on the end of page but the read more option doesn't even show. surprised
what is the problem i did actually?

sorry for my poor english.
please answer my question before end of the earth
Sunny

Message # 2 | 10:56 AM
belwix, CP -> Inactive -> Site News -> Install the module. Or if it is installed check whether you have $LAST_NEWS$ in main page's content.

Quote (belwix)
i also have did $CUT$ code on the end of page but the read more option doesn't even show

There is no point in putting it at the end on an entry, as then there is nothing "more".

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
belwix

Message # 3 | 12:01 PM
Quote (Sunny)
belwix, CP -> Inactive -> Site News -> Install the module. Or if it is installed check whether you have $LAST_NEWS$ in main page's content.

i don't see site news at in active.

Quote (Sunny)
There is no point in putting it at the end on an entry, as then there is nothing "more".

i think u don't understand what im wrote there. i want to make short entry, what i mean is how to put the the entry to short,and enable "read more" also put comment box there.

i hope u understand.

sorry for color code text, i didn't read the rules.
sorry for noob question.

Sunny

Message # 4 | 2:17 PM
Quote (belwix)
i don't see site news at in active.

Then read the second sentence -

Quote (belwix)
Or if it is installed check whether you have $LAST_NEWS$ in main page's content.

If you have it, then everything must work, you should have site news on your home page.

Quote (belwix)
i think u don't understand what im wrote there. i want to make short entry, what i mean is how to put the the entry to short,and enable "read more" also put comment box there.

I understand. Just put $CUT$ in that place of an entry where you want to have "read more". If it does not work then you must be doing smth wrong. Explain your actions in details.

belwix

Message # 5 | 7:31 PM
i did follow your every step. here is my html code

http://j.imagehost.org/download/0525/wtf_9

here is one of the person page what i want to to do like him to my page

http://j.imagehost.org/0840/123.jpg

Sunny

Message # 6 | 9:33 AM
Quote (belwix)
i did follow your every step. here is my html code

http://j.imagehost.org/download/0525/wtf_9

And were do you put this code? Install Site News module, go to main page, click "Add new entry", and paste the text you want.

belwix

Message # 7 | 12:02 PM
thx....
how to make news displayed in main page?
do i need to put $LAST_NEWS$ to go next add new entry?

Sunny

Message # 8 | 12:20 PM
belwix, by default $LAST_NEWS$ is present in main page content. If you does not have it go to Control Panel -> Page Editor -> Pages management and add $LAST_NEWS$ to the main page.
Emon

Message # 9 | 8:19 AM
How do I edit the permission for adding entry on the main Page because I don't check my website regularly and I don't want anyone to post stupid stuff..
And will I get any notification in my email when you reply to my question?

Thank You smile

An honorable man never uses forbidden weapons, such as using a friendship that's ended for the purposes of a hatred just begun: a confidence must never be used for a vengeance
Animorph

Message # 10 | 3:21 PM
Emon, you can edit your users permission to prevent these problems
CP ---> Users ---> User groups ---> users or checked group (what you want) ---> Edit icon ----> Site news ----> Add new entries ---> uncheck and save

and about getting an e-mail there's an option about that when adding your post you can enable and disable it , also i must notify you that this is a thread from the year 2008 so i suggest you search a thread from 2010 or 2011 to post in , i'm currently cleaning whole the forum these days so these problems won't happen again smile

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 11 | 9:31 PM
Emon, it is also possible that you set premoderation, so the users will be able to post entries on the main page, but entries will appear there only after your approval.
CP-> Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups->Site news->Pre-moderate new entries (must be verified)->check the group, whose entries you want to premoderate and Save.
Emon

Message # 12 | 3:14 PM
Thanks uCoz team for the help smile
An honorable man never uses forbidden weapons, such as using a friendship that's ended for the purposes of a hatred just begun: a confidence must never be used for a vengeance
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » main page exactly like site news (how?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: