uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Appearance of news and blog entries
Appearance of news and blog entries
Dartz

Message # 46 | 8:43 PM
You can add title and in message field add simple " <br> ".
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Sunny

Message # 47 | 1:18 PM
Chinu, you can enable/disable fields and make then optional/required in CP -> Site News -> Module settings. See: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/14-2236-1 (it is about Blog, but settings are almost the same).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
varyatyk

Message # 48 | 1:18 PM
Hi!
I made "Site news" a separate menu item. Is it possible to make a submenu to this item which consists of news categories?
thanks
Natashko

Message # 49 | 2:04 PM
varyatyk, yes it is possible. First you need to create new menu item (CP->Site menu builder->Add menu item->indicate the URL of the category in the field "URL address")->Apply.
Then create submenus by drag-and-dropping those menu items. See more about it here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-1#26197 Please continue in the provided thread
varyatyk

Message # 50 | 2:22 PM
thanks a lot! I didn't expect it is so easy. i just had to drag the cross... smile

one small not related to this question: is it possible to show categories module only where I want to? I mean, for example, show it in Site News but not in File Catalog?
Thanks, for answering these, I guess, pretty stupid questions.
Natashko

Message # 51 | 2:45 PM
varyatyk,
Quote (varyatyk)
is it possible to show categories module only where I want to? I mean, for example, show it in Site News but not in File Catalog?

Do you mean categories in submenues or smth else?
varyatyk

Message # 52 | 3:01 PM
I mean a categories block on the page. It is shown if the module has categories. With the builder you can either remove it or put it back for all pages. But can you control it somehow?
I guess it leads to a more general question: Can you choose different blocks to be shown on different pages?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 53 | 3:02 PM
varyatyk, yes you can. When you edit the block change what modules it is viewable on wink

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
varyatyk

Message # 54 | 3:05 PM
Paradox, oh, I see, thanks!
I didn't notice that possibility... should be more attentive...
coraline

Message # 55 | 5:01 PM

this is my homepage screenshot,i can't find where i can change it in "Substitution of default phrases".
Attachments: 3387701.jpg (6.8 Kb)

Animorph

Message # 56 | 8:59 PM
go to CP --> Design ---> Design management (templates) ---> Your module ---> Appearance of entries ---> Find your text the same goes for "Page entry full text and his comments"
To busy building a passive income online ;)
coraline

Message # 57 | 1:26 PM
Got it, thank you!
Admistrator

Message # 58 | 2:16 AM
Hello i made the site news into a "make a group feature" How can i change the site news words into group...???
Natashko

Message # 59 | 8:56 AM
Admistrator,
Quote (Admistrator)
Hello i made the site news into a "make a group feature" How can i change the site news words into group...???

I am not sure I understand what exactly you are talking about. But I believe you might use "Substitution of default phrases" feature in CP->Main. If you are referring to submenus - their names can be changed with the help of Site menu builder. See more about it here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-1#26197
Admistrator

Message # 60 | 9:10 AM
Well i meant was i wanted to change the word "site news" in the control panel to the word "groups" in the control panel... How may i do this?
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Appearance of news and blog entries
Search: