uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » [ Add news entry ] link (how to delete, add)
[ Add news entry ] link
Scotty

Message # 61 | 7:35 PM
Thanks for the help cool
JuneAzure

Message # 62 | 3:43 PM
umm, I kind of have the same problem too, and the other problem is I did make a few changes to my site but I dont actually remember the exact changes. Will you be able to help?

my site's http://juneazure.ucoz.com/
Achelous

Message # 63 | 5:46 PM
JuneAzure, please specify your problem so that we will be able to help you with it.
If I helped you, please +REP me and give me some Awards.
Animorph

Message # 64 | 6:08 PM
JuneAzure, Have you tried what natashko said in the post above you ?
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 65 | 9:30 AM
JuneAzure, on your website Site news module is not installed (this module is Home page by default) That is why, you need to install this module in Control panel for "Add New Entry" button to appear. Another option is to set another module (which is already installed) as Home page. It can be done in CP->Settings->Common settings->When opening the main page, redirect to:
LighTo273

Message # 66 | 9:55 PM
When I try to add news to the site's news,
1. The button to add the news does not work
2. When I click the news name, then Enter, it's did not stop to load and didn't add.
Animorph

Message # 67 | 10:38 AM
LighTo273, 1. provide website url and/or screenshot of the problem.
2.If you ahev third party scripts remove them thy may cause problems.

To busy building a passive income online ;)
LighTo273

Message # 68 | 1:01 PM
Quote (Animorph)
LighTo273, 1. provide website url and/or screenshot of the problem. 2.If you ahev third party scripts remove them thy may cause problems.

http://lighto273.ucoz.com
There are no third party scripts in my website.
Natashko

Message # 69 | 1:23 PM
LighTo273, the problem wasn't confirmed. We were able to add entry and view it afterwards. See this: http://lighto273.ucoz.com/news/test/2011-07-27-2
By all appearances the problem is at your end. For testing purposes try to work from another copy of operating system, another computer and, if possible, using another network provider.
If you do not have such possibility, then it is desirable to do the following actions step by step:
1. Try to use another browser or update the current one.
2. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser
You also need to know that there are some group restrictions for adding news entries on your website. You may change them in CP->Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups
LighTo273

Message # 70 | 1:41 PM
Thanks smile
I guess it's just not supported by browser I'm using.
I will try with another browser.
ElvenWings

Message # 71 | 0:00 AM
I probably sound really stupid but when I click 'Add News Entry' and I type it up, post it etc, sometimes it doesn't show up and I would also like to know how you get the posts on the home page because it goes onto a page that no-one can get to. Like I said, I probably sound stupid but yeah. Thanks in advance!
Natashko

Message # 72 | 9:01 AM
ElvenWings,
Quote (ElvenWings)
I probably sound really stupid but when I click 'Add News Entry' and I type it up, post it etc, sometimes it doesn't show up

Which error text you see? Please provide a link to the webpage it happens at.
Quote (ElvenWings)
the posts on the home page because it goes onto a page that no-one can get to.

Make sure that the module you are referring to is set as the main page. It can be checked in CP->Settings->Common settings->When opening the main page, redirect to. If Main page is selected, Site News are set. Check module settings as well. Number of entries on the main page and Entries sorting on the page with the list of user's entries in particular.
ElvenWings

Message # 73 | 5:10 PM
I don't understand what you mean. Basically I want the news to show up on the main page and for some reason it won't. So when you go to the home page, the news is there.
DEEPKG

Message # 74 | 6:17 PM
ElvenWings, I can understand Your problem Firstly I want to say that when ever you asked anything related to your site try to provide your link dry so that we can Specify wat problem you r facing So here Some info that may help you

Code
$LAST_NEWS$

Used to display new's Content on your home page

Code
Add News Entry

Used to add New entry In a News Module wink

So try to put Above !st code in homepage cool

Next time provide your link tongue

Hope this info hElp You Hopefully read My Signature biggrin

I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
Natashko

Message # 75 | 3:27 PM
ElvenWings,
Quote (ElvenWings)
I don't understand what you mean. Basically I want the news to show up on the main page and for some reason it won't. So when you go to the home page, the news is there.

Wow. What an interesting sentence. It is really confusing. Please rephrase it.
Anyway, to have news displayed on the main news
Quote (Natashko)
CP->Settings->Common settings->When opening the main page, redirect to

select Main page ans click Save. Site News with the module entries will be displayed there.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » [ Add news entry ] link (how to delete, add)
Search: