uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Help on Site News
Help on Site News
pro

Message # 136 | 3:57 PM
Hey Bro I don't understand
Quote (Natashko)
Quote (pro)
I mean when anyone go to entry then entry's page title should be like this suppost song is akon smack that then its should look like this on title ( which shown in brwoser top)

Go to CP->Design->Design management (templates)->Site News->Page with entry full text and its comments->find $ENTRY_NAME$ and substitute it with $ENTRY_NAME$ - dollar code of the field with the song name - Download free@mysite

Sorry but i didn't understand. I dont know dollar code is what . and i want both in the title i.e song name - artist see below

Not afraid - eminem download free @newsong

where not afraid is song name
eminem is artist name
and "download free@newsongs" will remain fixed

Thats mean whenever someone will add new entry song name and artist automatically will show in title followed by "download free@newsongs".
Natashko

Message # 137 | 9:03 AM
pro,
Quote (pro)
Sorry but i didn't understand.

If you do not understand I believe it is better that you do not make any changes. First learn and then do it. This is not a teaching forum.
Quote (pro)
I dont know dollar code is what .

To output the fields you fill in when adding an entry, you need to use the dollar code of this field. It looks like this $CODE$
You may find the list of codes under the template code in CP->Design->Design management (templates)->Site News->Page with entry full text and its comments
Quote (pro)
and i want both in the title i.e song name - artist see below

Find $ENTRY_NAME$ and substitute it with "dollar code of the field with the song name" - $ENTRY_NAME$ - download free@newsongs
pro

Message # 138 | 3:06 PM
Sorry I didn't mean that sad

Now i will asked one by one

I went to modul setting of news and in "Fields of a new entry form:" i unchecked everything except and check custom field 1 and 2 and change their name to Song title and download link. And chekc the box in front http:// download link.

Now when i add new entry it show all three option as i want
Artist
Song title
Download link

but after submitin when go to home page there is only "Artist " appear and when i click on it there is only artist name sad

but i wanted that after submitting entry it appear on home page like this

Code
Artist name - Song title

which should be clickable

and when i click on it show like this
Artist name
song title
Download link (clickable)

or

Artist name - song title
Download link (clickable)

Please don't be angry once i adjust my site like i want i'll not bother you.

Added (2011-10-18, 9:06 Am)
---------------------------------------------
except "Entry name"

Natashko

Message # 139 | 3:08 PM
pro,
Quote (pro)
Please don't be angry once i adjust my site like i want i'll not bother you.

No one is angry and you do not bother us so far. All you need is to read both of my messages carefully. I have already explained you what to do twice. I suggest to apply the suggestion and then to write us back instead of just describing what you need over and over.
pro

Message # 140 | 2:21 PM
I want to modify search option how can i do that?
Post edited by pro - Monday, 2011-11-21, 3:27 PM
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 141 | 3:27 PM
pro, hello!
You must configure the display of fields in the template (CP - Customize design). Full list of working $codes$ is situated under the template. Copy codes of the fields you are used and paste them in the template.
pro

Message # 142 | 3:32 PM
I did not understand what is you mean.

IN my site when i add an entry there is 3 field
Title (artist)
Other1 (song title)
Other2 (download link)

I want that when user use search option in my site then there should be option that
Search Title only
or
Search Other1(song title)
or
Search Title+Other1

and I want my search box appear in the middle top of my website, is it possible?
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 143 | 3:38 PM
Title (artist) - $TITLE$
Other1 (song title) - $OTHER1$
Other2 (download link) - $OTHER$

Go to Main » Customize design » Editing templates (Appearance of entries or Page with full entry text and associated comments) and paste this $codes$ into template:

Attachments: 8300713.png (60.0 Kb)
pro

Message # 144 | 8:17 PM
Sorry but you are not understanding I want to change search box which is in my site.

One more thing I want to add my site text logo which is an image. In my site in the header i want to add an image without replacing the background how can i do that?
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 145 | 10:39 PM
pro, your message was edited biggrin

Quote (pro)
Sorry but you are not understanding I want to change search box which is in my site.

Please, specify what exactly are you interested in.

Quote (pro)
One more thing I want to add my site text logo which is an image. In my site in the header i want to add an image without replacing the background how can i do that?

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5
pro

Message # 146 | 8:44 AM
Sorry for that.

I have make a text logo (name) for my site it is a image. But I don't how to add it in my site header without replacing the bacground image?

can i modify the url of entry? if yes how?
Post edited by pro - Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 8:58 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 147 | 9:00 AM
Quote (hell)
Quote (pro)

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5

Please post your message and design number in the Design Customisation board. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
pro

Message # 148 | 2:16 PM
How to modify url of entry page?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 149 | 2:26 PM
pro, sorry missed that question before. If you are meaning as to change it to something like site.ucoz.com/news/add this is unfortunately not possible.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
pro

Message # 150 | 4:21 PM
I try to explain it again may be i didn't clarify it clearly.

Look Paradox

My entry after submitting look like this on main page
$Title$ - $Other1$

WHen i click on it to go to full entry page whose url in my browser appear like this

http://newsongs.ucoz.net/news/Title/2011-11-30-106

but I want it look like this

http://newsongs.ucoz.net/news/Title - Other/2011-11-30-106

One more thing I want to add a new page which do not appeat in site menu and I want to post it's link next to my full entry page.

Sorry of editing message again i forgot something.

I want that when i user click on download link it open in new window. How to do this? My link is appear in $Other2$.
Post edited by pro - Friday, 2011-12-02, 9:07 AM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Help on Site News
Search: