uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Help on Site News
Help on Site News
Animorph

Message # 106 | 12:40 PM
Quote (pro)
Is it possible that when user paste a link in site news it convert in download button

if you just paste it into your entry field with text then it will also appear as text , and if you just paste a link in your entry field that redirects to a new page then yes that part is possible

what i can suggest you is using the file catalog , it has some fields when adding entry's your url will appear as a download link text , you can modify that text in appearance of entries in your file catalog to make it appear as a button

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 107 | 1:09 PM
pro, there is a feature in some of the module settings "Add "http://" prefix automatically for the fields:". With its help you may use certain fields as fields for download links. But it is not there in all modules. You can find it in File Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board etc.
pro

Message # 108 | 4:41 PM
What is the difference between file catalog and site news?

I tell you in detail. I've made a mp3 site so that user can download and submit mp3 link. and you know that pasting link doesn't look good and user will not click it because it'll show the link to other site. so i want that when link pasted it appear as a download button like here in reply option "view" or "post reply".

I appreciate your help.

Natashko

Message # 109 | 12:22 PM
pro,
Quote (pro)
What is the difference between file catalog and site news?

well, those are different modules and they fulfill different tasks. But it is possible to have fields for download links in both of the modules. (You may use Custom fields for that in Module settings of Site news)
Quote (pro)
so i want that when link pasted it appear as a download button like here in reply option "view" or "post reply"

you may just substitute the links itself with the text (like "Download"). To do so go to CP->Design->Design management (templates)->Site news->Page with entry full text and its comments->insert this code
Code
<a href="$OTHER1$" title="Download">Download link</a>
after $MESSAGE$ ->Save. Remember $OTHER1$ is for Custom field 1. So you will need $OTHER2$ for Custom field 2 etc
pro

Message # 110 | 8:21 AM
I didn't understand what do you mean by last line?

Code
Remember $OTHER1$ is for Custom field 1. So you will need $OTHER2$ for Custom field 2 etc
Natashko

Message # 111 | 8:27 AM
pro, if you use Custom field 1 you need to insert the code
Code
<a href="$OTHER1$" title="Download">Download link</a>
But if you have Custom field 2 the code will be
Code
<a href="$OTHER2$" title="Download">Download link</a>
etc
pro

Message # 112 | 8:57 AM
Oh My god , its worked

I can't tell you how much i am happy. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Really I've not word to say.

I want little more help from you! When we add entry there is option "Add news entry" , how can i change it "add new song" ?

I want one more field in adding entry where user can put song name?
I mean adding form look like this
" Artist
Song
Download Link
Tags"

And after posting it do not show "download link" it appear when user click on artist or song. There is everything in my site news except "Song".
Would you help me to add this option?

Natashko

Message # 113 | 1:03 PM
pro,
Quote (pro)
"Add news entry" , how can i change it "add new song"

you need to do it in CP->Main » Page Editor » Entries management->press "Change" next to the main page->make the changes and save them.
Quote (pro)
I want one more field in adding entry where user can put song name

to add a field go to CP->Site news->Module settings->Fields of anew entry form:->tag the fields you need and Save. Then go to Main » Substitution of default phrases->Form for adding new entries to "Site News" module->change the field name->Save
Quote (pro)
And after posting it do not show "download link" it appear when user click on artist or song. There is everything in my site news except "Song".
Would you help me to add this option?

I am not sure I understand you. Please be more specific.
pro

Message # 114 | 2:49 PM
I don't understood you said "tag the field" .

I explain again what i want.

As in default site news we have option to add entry name, i want that i have 2 option like this in which i can put artist name and song name. And the both appeard after posting n when user click on anyone of them then he can see full post that is artist, song name, download link.
One more thing i dont want the other option( song name) like full disription which show full bb,html codec . I don't want that codec i just want simple single field as appear for adding site new title.

Natashko

Message # 115 | 12:07 PM
pro,
Quote (pro)
i want that i have 2 option like this in which i can put artist name and song name.

to do so you need to have additional fields. To add those fields go to CP->Site news->Module settings->Fields of anew entry form:->tag the checkbox of "Custom field 1" for example->Save. Substitution of default phrases->Form for adding new entries to "Site News" module->change "Custom field 1" into "Song name" or whatever you need and Save.
Quote (pro)
And the both appeard after posting n when user click on anyone of them then he can see full post that is artist, song name, download link.

you may display Custom field 1 by adding $OTHER1$ variable in the template of Site news(Page with entry full text and comments and Appearance of entries)
pro

Message # 116 | 3:47 PM
I did the first step.

But where to add $OTHER1$ in the template? I mean in which line? After or before what?

Natashko

Message # 117 | 4:07 PM
pro,
Quote (pro)
But where to add $OTHER1$ in the template? I mean in which line? After or before what?

CP->Design->Design management(templates)->Site news->Page with entry full text and comments->embed it after $MESSAGE$
pro

Message # 118 | 4:29 PM
I added now i have option.

But one problem after posting the entry when i see it. It is not showing custom field2 like entry name. I want both entry name and this custom field appear after posting.

Added (2011-03-21, 10:29 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I explaining my site news appear on home page so i want that both entry name and custom field appear on the main page.

and also after click the entry name post appear like this

entry name
custom fieldDownload link

I want that download link appear in next line.

Animorph

Message # 119 | 5:35 PM
pro,so if i read it correctly you want to have it appearing after the message that you posted ? or do you want it to appear like this

Entry name:
download link

Message (information about the song)

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 120 | 2:06 PM
pro,
Quote (pro)
I explaining my site news appear on home page so i want that both entry name and custom field appear on the main page.

go to CP->Design->Design management(templates)->Site news->Appearance of entries->add $OTHER2$ after
Code
<a href="$ENTRY_URL$">$TITLE$</a>

Quote (pro)
and also after click the entry name post appear like this

entry name
custom fieldDownload link

go to CP->Design->Design management(templates)->Site news->Page with entry full text and its comments->add
Code
<br/>
between $OTHER1$ and $OTHER2$
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Help on Site News
Search: