Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Tag Board » Help on Chat Box (Tag Board)
Help on Chat Box (Tag Board)
lilu

Message # 151 | 11:02 AM
You should activate the module Tag Board in the CP.

This link might be helpful: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/21-480-1
Yumi_Miniko

Message # 152 | 9:04 PM
but how do i activate the module?
redhead

Message # 153 | 9:57 PM
Yumi_Miniko,
Quote (Yumi_Miniko)
but how do i activate the module?

In CP click the "Inactive" button under the modules list, then click Tag Board -> Install the module

After you have activated the module you must get the code (press "Get the code" ). Then insert it into any module – forum, main page and so on. Insert the code into page code (Design customization).
GrimReapaa

Message # 154 | 11:05 PM
I have entered the specific code for simply, a chatbox popout. When I click on the popout, I am unable to type in it, but I still see text. Is this normal?

Also, I wish to change the refresh intervals on my chat box but I am unable to find the refreshing HTML code. I have looked in both

Control Panel -> Tag Board -> Module Design Customization -> Appearance of Entries
Control Panel -> Tag Board -> Module Design Customization -> Form of Entires

I have looked in both areas and am still unable to find the refreshing intervals. A reply to this would help out a lot smile Thanks!
Natashko

Message # 155 | 9:33 AM
GrimReapaa,
Quote (GrimReapaa)
I have entered the specific code for simply, a chatbox popout. When I click on the popout, I am unable to type in it, but I still see text. Is this normal?

I am not sure I understand you. Please provide a screenshot and a website address.
Quote (GrimReapaa)
Also, I wish to change the refresh intervals on my chat box but I am unable to find the refreshing HTML code. I have looked in both

When you are logged in as administrator to your website->go to Tag Board. You will be able to see a small drop-down menu, where you can set the amount of time after which the Tag Board will autorefresh.
GrimReapaa

Message # 156 | 8:25 PM
Apologies.

Here is what I mean for the Tag Board Popout.
Link: http://badblox-tm.ucoz.net/forum

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm158/ukillkenny/?action=view¤t=Capture.jpg

There seems to be no way of replying in the popout Tag Board. Meaning that I can not enter text, but can only see it. Is this normal?

Also, I know of the drop down refresh intervals, but I want to make them less than 15 seconds. Though, as stated before, I have been unable to find the HTML code for the refresh intervals.
Natashko

Message # 157 | 8:41 AM
GrimReapaa,
Quote (GrimReapaa)
There seems to be no way of replying in the popout Tag Board. Meaning that I can not enter text, but can only see it. Is this normal?

It is under the circumstances. You can not post on /mchat page. And this is the page that appears in your popup window.
To resolve your issue I suggest you create a page with Page Editor->check the box “Apply personal template”->remove everything from the template of that page and embed this:
Code
<html>
<head>
  <title>CHATBOX</title>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
  <link type="text/css" rel="StyleSheet" href="/_st/my.css" />
</head>
<body>
  $CHAT_BOX$
  $POWERED_BY$
</body>
</html>

Save. Then change the link on the forum so it would link to the newly-created page.
See more about Page editor here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8
Vallina

Message # 158 | 8:46 PM
I do not know why my chatbox is not working (esrohlegends.ucoz.com). It works perfectly on my other site (tipisle.ucoz.com). It does not register any letters when I am typing, so the message cannot be sent. This is the code I am using from here: http://helper.ucoz.com/load/scripts/ajax_chat/3-1-0-23:

Code
<script type="text/javascript">  
  function openchat(){new _uWnd('chat','Tag Board',300,100,{align:0,shadow:0,close:1,autosize:1,maxh:500,minh:100,resize:0}, $("#chat").html() )}  
  </script>  
  <div style="display:none;" id="chat">$CHAT_BOX$</div>

The chatbox only works when I click on this code and I can type/send messages:
Code
<a href="#" onclick="openchat();">Open the Chat-Box</a>

But it does not work on the right navigation bar! I cannot type/send any messages at all. Which is what I want, and works perfectly fine on my other site.

Also, when i activate the tag board module, it does not show up on the navigation bar. I have to manually add the block through the Builder for it to appear.
Blazer

Message # 159 | 8:57 PM
Vallina, the code you are using ( from helper.ucoz.com ) is to put the chat box in an AJAX WINDOW ( and it will only work in the ajax window ) .. so if you want a normal chat box dont use this code just use the normal one ( $CHAT_BOX$ )
If i helped you + My Reputation and Give me an Award.
Vallina

Message # 160 | 9:22 PM
Blazer, Wow, I'm an idiot. Thank you so much!
Helpinghand

Message # 161 | 3:00 PM
How to change my site: tagboard,width & height, and all so change tagboard style.
Natashko

Message # 162 | 3:42 PM
Helpinghand, Go to CP->Design->Design management (CSS)->add:
#mchatIfm2 {width: 500px !important; height: 500px !important;}
Width and height values may be set up to your taste.
Helpinghand

Message # 163 | 4:12 PM
Natashko, ok.this is work for me.but im try to change tagboard backgroun style& start tagboard left not center.
Natashko

Message # 164 | 12:45 PM
Helpinghand,
Quote (Helpinghand)
ok.this is work for me.but im try to change tagboard backgroun style& start tagboard left not center.

I suggest you restore Appearance of entries template in Tag Board. Do not forget to do template backup before that.
To change background of Tag Board, find in Design (CSS):
#mchatIfm2 {width: 500px !important; height: 400px !important;}

Substitute it with:
#mchatIfm2 {width: 500px !important; height: 400px !important; background: YOURCOLOR;}
Prince0156

Message # 165 | 8:18 AM
how to place chat box every section of forum?
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Tag Board » Help on Chat Box (Tag Board)
Search: