• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » wanna get rid of robot.txt (plz)
wanna get rid of robot.txt
FATIMA-BOUZRIBA

Message # 1 | 9:47 AM
My old website nasseem.ucoz.com had very good search results.. it was always first on google. After i bought a domain name naseem4kids.com the visits went down drastically. Knowing that the old wbsite redirects to the new one, how can I remove the robot.txt from the old site so it keeps bringing more visits to the new one. Because the old site still apears on google but with no description due to the robot.txt.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 9:58 AM
FATIMA-BOUZRIBA, your physical website hasn't changed or moved location. By adding a custom domain you've simply changed the "house number" so to speak. Looking at your robots.txt file it appears your site is open for indexing so give it a couple of weeks and see how the ratings are going. If you've recently changed your domain name it will take Google a week or so to index the site. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Xayaan

Message # 3 | 10:03 AM
FATIMA-BOUZRIBA, You cannot get rid of Robots.txt but you can replace the Robots.txt with the configuration of your choice. Although it's highly recommended not to replace the default robots.txt with your own. The reason why as to why you are losing traffic is because the new domain naseem4kids.com is being indexed on Google and it would take upto 30 days for it to be indexed properly (Depends upon how often you post/update the website with new content). Read more about robots.txt here. Alternatively you can submit your websites to search engines using third party automatic search engine submission sites such as 1ps.biz , free website submission etc.

It's not because of the robots.txt that your website has no description is search results, It's because of the META description tag not being present in your website. I can see that there is no META description tag present for your website at the moment. Please update it with a META description tag for better search results and Search engine ranking. Read more about META tags and how to use them here and here.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
FATIMA-BOUZRIBA

Message # 4 | 10:47 AM
Thank you very much friends. abt meta tags, can keywords be written in arabic?
Xayaan

Message # 5 | 10:55 AM
FATIMA-BOUZRIBA, I've already answered it here : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/38-12026-2#113209
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 10:59 AM
FATIMA-BOUZRIBA, certainly. Meta tags support UTF-8 encoding, thus they support Arabic characters. smile Please refer to the above post Xayaan has linked you to for further information.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » wanna get rid of robot.txt (plz)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: