uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » Indexing Policy & Robots.txt
Indexing Policy & Robots.txt
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:41 AM
Website's Indexing Status

All uCoz websites have Indexing status that is displayed at the top of the Control Panel's main page (/panel/?a=cp). The parameter shows whether indexing by search engines is allowed for the website or not (whether the website is in quarantine).
The indexing status can show one of the two options: "indexing is allowed (quarantine is removed)":

Or "indexing is prohibited (the website is in quarantine)":

The status "indexing is prohibited (the website is in quarantine)" is assigned by default to all newly created websites.

Quarantine Removal Policy

A website can become available for indexing either automatically (if a premium plan is purchased) or upon the website owner's request. If the website does not have a premium plan and the user wants the quarantine to be removed, a request should be submitted from the website's Control Panel:

There will be a pop-up window with the info on the quarantine policy:

After the request has been submitted, the website will be checked automatically according to a number criteria: the website's age, presence of a custom domain name, content, verified phone number etc. On the basis of these criteria the system decides whether the quarantine should be removed. We cannot provide a more detailed description of the algorithm.

Note! If the quarantine removal was denied, the next request can be submitted no sooner than in 7 days.

Robots.txt

A website's robots.txt file is located at http://your_website_address/robots.txt. A website with the default robots.txt is indexed in the best possible way – we set up the file in such a way that only pages with content are indexed, and not all existing pages (e.g. login or registration page). Therefore uCoz websites are indexed better and get higher priority in comparison with other sites where all unnecessary pages are indexed.

That's why we strongly recommend not to replace the default robots.txt by your own.

If you still want to replace the file by your own, create a text file using Notepad or any other text editor and name it "robots.txt". Then upload it to the root folder of your website via File Manager or FTP. Note: while website indexing is prohibited, no modification of the robots.txt file is possible.

The default robots.txt looks as follows:

User-agent: *
Allow: /*?page
Allow: /*?ref=
Allow: /stat/dspixel
Disallow: /*?
Disallow: /stat/
Disallow: /index/1
Disallow: /index/3
Disallow: /register
Disallow: /index/5
Disallow: /index/7
Disallow: /index/8
Disallow: /index/9
Disallow: /index/sub/
Disallow: /panel/
Disallow: /admin/
Disallow: /informer/
Disallow: /secure/
Disallow: /poll/
Disallow: /search/
Disallow: /abnl/
Disallow: /*_escaped_fragment_=
Disallow: /*-*-*-*-987$
Disallow: /shop/order/
Disallow: /shop/printorder/
Disallow: /shop/checkout/
Disallow: /shop/user/
Disallow: /*0-*-0-17$
Disallow: /*-0-0-

Sitemap: http://forum.ucoz.com/sitemap.xml
Sitemap: http://forum.ucoz.com/sitemap-forum.xml

Robots.txt during the quarantine looks as follows:

Disallow: /

Robots.txt FAQ

Informers are not indexed because they display information that ALREADY exists. As a rule this information is already indexed on the corresponding pages.

Question: I have accidentally messed up robots.txt. What should I do?

Answer: Delete it. The default robots.txt file will be added back automatically (the system checks whether a website has it, and if not – adds back the default file).

Question: Is there any use in submitting a website to search engines if the quarantine hasn't been removed yet?

Answer: No, your website won't be indexed while in quarantine.

Question: Will the robots.txt file be replaced automatically after the quarantine has been removed? Or should I update it manually?

Answer: It will be updated automatically.

Question: Is it possible to delete the default robots.txt?

Answer: You can't delete it, it's a system file, but you can add your own file. However, we don't recommend to do this, as was stated above. During the quarantine it is impossible to upload a custom robots.txt.

Question: What should I do to forbid indexing of the following pages?
_http://site.ucoz.com/index/0-4
_http://site.ucoz.com/index/0-5

Answer: Add the following lines to the robots.txt file:
/index/0-4
/index/0-5

Question: I have forbidden indexing of some links by means of robots.txt but they are still displayed. Why is it so?

Answer: By means of robots.txt you can forbid indexing of pages, not links.

Question: I want to make some changes in my robots.txt file. How can I do this?

Answer: Download it to your PC, edit it and then upload it back via File Manager or FTP.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 181 | 9:59 AM
NiKeR, payments are processed via 2checkout.com, but it looks like they don't support BGN. It is possible to pay with SMS for Bulgaria (Control Panel -> Pais services -> Recharge of personal account).
NiKeR

Message # 182 | 8:18 PM
So if I find a card provider who can convert transaction in USD it would be fine?

Edit : I got a birthday give me a recharge code please biggrin
Post edited by NiKeR - Wednesday, 2014-10-08, 0:51 AM
Sunny

Message # 183 | 9:19 AM
Quote NiKeR ()
So if I find a card provider who can convert transaction in USD it would be fine?

Yes.

Quote NiKeR ()
Edit : I got a birthday give me a recharge code please

And tomorrow a lot of other users will also have birthdays biggrin

mariozplaze

Message # 184 | 0:30 AM
I know this is probably off-topic, but after I indexed my website I once got two new users in a week and one a couple weeks later, and since then, zip.

Patience is a virtue! wink

I love Ucoz and all of its staff! Thanks for all the help!
ZHumanElite

Message # 185 | 11:10 PM
Hi Sunny I Create A Website In 12 Décember 2014 In This Mount But When I Try To Edit My Robots.txt File But It Still Look Like This
Disallow: /

Is That Mean That I Have To Wait 14 Days Left To Become My Site Get Crawled By Google And Yahoo Search Engines And Are The Robots.txt File Change Automatically After The Quarantine(30 Days) Or I Have To Edit it By My Self And Thanks smile
Sunny

Message # 186 | 8:22 AM
ZHumanElite, the file will be changed automatically when your website is 30 days old.
chiasetatca

Message # 187 | 6:55 AM
hi Sunny,
i need ur help
my site khitiettrung.ucoz.com and danvanphong.ucoz.com are created from 14 Feb 2015, but now still in quarantine period.
please have check
thank you so much in advance.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 188 | 7:58 AM
chiasetatca, you have to wait 30 days, not exactly a month. If we take in consideration, that February has 28 days, you have waited 14 days in February, and 15 days in March. This means 29 days, so you have to wait a day happy
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
lonleyed

Message # 189 | 6:22 AM
Подскажите, что делать если в Вебмастере Гугл пишет, что страницы заблокированы не в моем robots.txt а на url s102.ucoz.net и просит либо подтвердить владение этим url либо изменить robots - я же могу менять его только у себя?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 190 | 11:01 AM
lonleyed, if you wish to speak Russian please post on our RU forums. http://forum.ucoz.ru smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
csimeona2000

Message # 191 | 9:02 PM
Hi! My site has been up for 32 days, but I've never and still don't see a robots.txt file in the file manager. Is that where it's supposed to be or am I looking for it in the wrong place?
Sunny

Message # 192 | 11:55 AM
csimeona2000, to see the robots.txt file, just add /robots.txt to the website URL in the address bar. The default robots is not displayed in the File Manager. If you upload a custom one, it will be displayed in File Manager.
mcg

Message # 193 | 1:53 PM
Hi,

It seems there's a new feature in Ucoz - a button for removing a website from quarantine.
Even though it's been over a month, now I can't remove my website from quarantine by uploading the robots.txt like before, now I need to click the button, but after clicking the button, it says my website doesn't have enough content.
But I do not want more content in my website!! how do I remove it from quarantine? :'(

This is the website which I created for my father - http://claudecourtierimmobilier.ca/
Post edited by mcg - Monday, 2015-10-12, 1:55 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 194 | 2:41 PM
mcg, it's a quite interesting situation. It should work because you have an own domain. We will make a new test tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 13, 2015).
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
mcg

Message # 195 | 1:39 PM
ok, thanks

Added (2015-10-19, 1:39 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hi,

Any news on this matter?

It is still not working, i'm always getting the same message which doesn't make sense:

"Unfortunately, based on the results of the last checkup, the quarantine couldn't be removed for your website yet. Please work on your website some more and try to send a new request next week."

What do I need to do to make it work..?

Is there some other way to bypass it? It seems uploading robots.txt is no longer possible..

Thanks

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » Indexing Policy & Robots.txt
Search: