• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Alert window for users (pop up alert)
Alert window for users
Pancake_old

Message # 1 | 8:27 AM
Is there away to have somekind of alert window to pop up on certain users when they log in ?

Like a Happy Birthday window when its there birthday

or maybe a special alert message to that certain user ?

The birthday one would be great cause I want to wish everyone a Happy Birthday on there day when im not there smile
I know the forums lists them in the b-day area but a pop up would be better

ePal(Join and be rewarded with our new look)
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Animorph

Message # 2 | 9:49 AM
Pancake, there's no such feature , but if you search ajax windows in forum you will find some good tutorials and you can use them with conditional operators to make them appear on their birthday
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Pancake_old

Message # 3 | 9:52 AM
Quote (Animorph)
Pancake, there's no such feature , but if you search ajax windows in forum you will find some good tutorials and you can use them with conditional operators to make them appear on their birthday

Thanks Animorph, will do smile

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
CoffeeCone

Message # 4 | 10:01 PM
As an additional detail to what Animorph said, I think uCoz has some sort of a Birthday Block accessible via site builder that lists the usernames of the users with birthdays.
"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

CodeResolution

Message # 5 | 8:47 AM
Not exactly what you wanted but here is an automatic alert that displays on a users birthday. Although it will display on every users login.

Code
<?if($TODAY_BIRTHDAYS$)?><script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function ajaxbtm() {_uWnd.alert('Happy Birthday, $TODAY_BIRTHDAYS$!','Happy Birthday to $TODAY_BIRTHDAYS$!',{w:500,h:100,tm:10000});}
</script><?endif?>

Not sure but maybe something like this will work to only display a script on the user who's birthday is the current day:

Code
<?if($TODAY_BIRTHDAYS$='$USERNAME')?>

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Pancake_old

Message # 6 | 11:07 AM
shadowslash, Thanks I'll look in the site builder

Quote (CreativeCollusions)
Not sure but maybe something like this will work to only display a script on the user who's birthday is the current day:

CreativeCollusions, Thanks but your not sure it works ? lol
well is there away for me to see if it works before displaying somthing in someones face ? biggrin
if a window pops up and has text of code the user wont know whats going on happy

Quote (CreativeCollusions)
Not exactly what you wanted but here is an automatic alert that displays on a users birthday. Although it will display on every users login.

CreativeCollusions, is the code only viewable on ucoz websites ? cause I cant see if the codes work or look like on my personal code viewer smile

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Alert window for users (pop up alert)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: