• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » Ten questions to make sure your website worth the time
Ten questions to make sure your website worth the time
CodeResolution

Message # 1 | 3:01 PM
1. What is the purpose in your website?
Your website must have a purpose. You should not have a website just for the sake of having one. If you have some sort of big idea for your website, plan it through first.

2. Is your site for personal use, a group of people or use of any people?
If you want your website to become BIG, you must allow your users to become a part of your community. However, it is popular nowadays for website to just be used by a specific group of people, for example a gaming group or clan.

3. What age group does your site attract?
If possible, make your site usable for most ages. Although if your website is based on a specific age group, always aim your site to that group. However, it is possible to sometimes expand your audience. You sometimes find some websites that contain different things for different ages, don't do this unless you have planned it through properly and professionally.

4. Does your site contain illegal content?
You can easily find sites that contain illegal content or activity. This is never a wise thing to do, it can sometimes lead to your website being shut down. And I don't just mean on uCoz, because it can be shut down no matter who your hosting provider is.

5. Are you advertising your website?
If you want your sites community to expand, advertise! This can be making banner embed codes that your users can copy and paste to other sites and blogs, it can be submitting your site to search engines or even just as simple as telling as much people as you can.

6. Is your website unique and attractive?
Think outside the box. Make your website different, stand out from the rest. I don't just mean it's appearance either, I mean the content on the site too. Make it something worth coming back to. There is no point in users if they'll never come back!

7. Will you keep your website up-to-date?
If you site is going to be abandoned any time soon, what is the point in starting it up in the first place? Make sure you can keep your site and your users up-to-date.

8. Does your website have its own unique name and logo?
A corporate or website identity is very important. It is used to recognize your site and your services. Make your own logo (possibility not just text, have an image in it too). If you can't make your own logo you can get a graphic designer to do one, unless you can get someone to do it for free.

9. Are you keeping track of your website usage?
It can be very useful keeping statistics of how active your website is. There are many services you can use to do this for free, or you can use the handy Statistics module provided by uCoz to keep up-to-date of your sites usage.

10. Are you letting your website grow?
To make your site better and better, and keeping your users happy. You must try and build or update features on your site. This gives your users more to do and makes your site more professional.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Animorph

Message # 2 | 4:33 PM
CreativeCollusions, good article mate , haha you should think about using these things too xD (you know what i mean ^^)
To busy building a passive income online ;)
CodeResolution

Message # 3 | 6:27 PM
Animorph, I'm guessing you say that because I sometimes leave my sites to go inactive. Yes I need to work on that wink And thank you.
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » Ten questions to make sure your website worth the time
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: