• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » Share your success story (tell us about your uCoz experience)
Share your success story
Datecity

Message # 1 | 7:12 AM
Ok! i know i have posted in the wrong thread and i do not speak English too well. I joined uCoz in Jan 2013 but my first website was deleted because i hadnt cared to read the terms. I did not give up anyway. I opened another website www.primedateinc.com in October last year and since then i have been editing it till today. I am a college dropout and did not have any idea about coding but from the default template 1101 i have managed to create an awesome dating website that has become a topic in the media of my country. I come from Uganda, a country where you can say the word 'INTERNET' and 70% of the population think you are referring to 'FACEBOOK'...and Google. People here think owning a website as awesome as mine is like running a nuclear plant or a 1000 ward hospital. They have no idea about uCoz.

Last night i was hosted on a TV show and was asked how i came about such a wonderful web creature when i do not have a university degree in IT and well...i told them its all about having faith in yourself that you can do something. I am now perceived to have a genius brain..and big and wealthy people behind me yet its just me, my Pentium 3 worn out laptop(even the screen displays halfway its got a crack) and an alarm clock to wake me up to edit my site.

Now ladies want me tongue and i am a celebrity. My message is learn to give your self time and its better you choose to edit one site and give it all your undivided attention, you will succeed and ladies will want you.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 9:10 AM
Datecity, congratulations! Good luck with your future projects happy
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Good

Message # 3 | 2:58 PM
Datecity, ohhh boy,...........your story is so sweet !!!
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 12:05 PM
Datecity, nice story but you will be pity on me on how i edit my site just using the internet shop once a week.
1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 5 | 1:07 PM
Datecity, thank you for sharing your story smile I hope it will inspire others who don't know whether they should keep building their websites and whether it can help them achieve anything. It surely can, and your example proves it. Keep up the good work and never give up! smile

P.S. Moved your thread to General Talk.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Soldierdevil

Message # 6 | 3:12 PM
I started an interracial dating website early last year and never thought it would be a success. I just had a thought that i could manipulate ucoz modules and start my own fully featured social network. Each time i tried to edit, i learnt something new and interesting about ucoz that would help me advance my website. I managed to create a social wall from newsfeed module, photo and video sharing from photo and video modules, forum sections, and blog. I run some ads on facebook and google that generated a good number of vusers and through patience and determination i managed to get about ten success stories. The users told me my website is nice and never seen before on the web. I now have a good number of users worldwide and have signed contracts with sofar three companies to run ads on my website including MTN telecom, Hotel Serena and Prestige match and i am to generate an estimate of $200,000 per month. Oh the first thing i did was to start a company for my website and my apartment as the premise. I am the C.E.O and my girlfriend is the chief executive and we have employed a couple of our friends as moderators.

Its here www.hotkampala.at.ua. Oh i am from Uganda/Africa.

Systems developer
Sunny

Message # 7 | 3:41 PM
Soldierdevil, I merged your thread with another similar one.

Let's use this thread to share successful stories smile

Xayaan

Message # 8 | 3:46 PM
Soldierdevil, Interesting story and Congratulations! I hope the best in luck for your projects and plans. happy
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Cyberdasm

Message # 9 | 2:05 PM
Soldierdevil, amazing.... how about your sir Xayaan? smile
1F4BF3B
Korijs

Message # 10 | 3:26 PM
My experience with uCoz

I started to use uCoz system in 2008 year when my knowledge wasn't good - just simple beginner.
I started to make own and other communities videogames teams websites, using standard uCoz design and codes solutions and also russian scripts for some kind of coding non standard websites.

After my first website in 2008 I take a pause about 1-2 years from uCoz system, meanwhile in ~2010 I made some videogames teams websites as I already mentioned - it was about 3 new websites in my experience with uCoz.

Meanwhile I started active reading about non standard solutions in uCoz, while in our country uCoz knowledge level to make good websites was bad, so in 2011 I made uCoz help & support website with different kind materials of non standard designs, coding - custom solutins, technical support to newbies and also advanced uCoz users, AND in first year my website was #1 in my country as place to get uCoz support and materials - that was some kind of uCoz era first 2 years - uCoz websites started to look greater than ever they were.

Of course when there started to make more help & support forums about IPB/PHP - my website lost activity but till this day it's available for anyone. And also from 2011 I made some websites by individual orders - some kind of movies, news and videogames websites. From about 2013 I take a pause from uCoz untill the end of 2014, meanwhile I'm already making another website in uCoz as cybersports / esport news, tournaments, teams registry, blog web which will be opened after 1-2 months being 1 of 2 kind of websites like that in our country.

Also I wanted to say that from 2011 I make "uCoz era" in our country for about 2 years, showing people that uCoz isn't just for 12 years old kids as mostly people thinks about uCoz.. but I show so many posibilities what u could do in this system. After 2012 it's IPB/PHP era untill now - 2015.. but let's see what does people will think about my future website.. smile
Post edited by Korijs - Tuesday, 2015-02-03, 3:27 PM
Sunny

Message # 11 | 3:39 PM
Korijs, thank you for sharing your story. Good luck with your future projects! smile
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » Share your success story (tell us about your uCoz experience)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: