• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Quickly Requesting how to ban a persistent spammer
Quickly Requesting how to ban a persistent spammer
Arala_Cran

Message # 1 | 0:04 AM
I'm sorry to bother everyone, and I also hope this has not been repeated somewhere else here; however I've got my hands quite full at the moment. There is this spammer from a certain IP zone, and I need to know how to block him from consecutively reappearing and causing damage to the site.

He is quite persistent and very annoying as I've just cleaned up some damage he left around merely a few days ago, yet to find him reappear and do it all over again, but I have no idea where to completely stop an IP-zone from even viewing the site entirely. Can someone quickly cover this over for me so I can stop his havoc? cry

Correction:
In fact, he's a clever snake, switching multiple IPs and doing the same persistent attacks. I seriously need to find out how to stop him from probing my site.
Post edited by Arala_Cran - Sunday, 2012-05-20, 0:06 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 2:58 AM
Arala_Cran, you can block the user through not just IP, but also account and URL. After you have done all this it is, and they keep persisting, difficult to keep the user off your site as they are able to simply re-register.

What registration method is your site currently using?

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Arala_Cran

Message # 3 | 6:23 AM
Oh, I'm sorry.... I can't remember which was set at the time due to having set things up years ago, but I'm currently checking now. cry

I'm quite lost at how to block their URL though, I'd like to make sure he stops his nonsense completely, how do I do that, and how do I find their source to make sure they stop it? It's apparently some Russian spammer and the nonsense he leaves around (or his bot judging his actions by now) is too complicated to track down directly.

*edit report: no thanks to him doing it yet again, I was forced to shut my entire site down completely at the moment, but I doubt that will stop that brute from causing damage.
Post edited by Arala_Cran - Monday, 2012-05-21, 6:24 AM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 11:20 AM
Arala_Cran, the "IP blocking" and "URL blocking" features are on Admin Bar -> Control. You can also forbid comments for Guests and Users, and move all trusted members to the "Checked" group. If you have uNet users on your website, you can block the spammer's account (move him to the "Blocked" group). But it will help if he uses only one account.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Arala_Cran

Message # 5 | 10:52 PM
Now... why did I not see that earlier? I'm so silly. wacko
Um, thank you both. I think I can finally deal with the rest from here if I can find his (or "their") source and put a stop to his rampage. He's so annoying and rude... dry
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Quickly Requesting how to ban a persistent spammer
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: