Forum is one of the most popular modules among our users, and today it's time to sum up some new updates and bug fixes of this module.
Perhaps the most frequently asked question about Forum is whether subforums will be added at some point. And we have denied this possibility for quite a long time, but now we can say that we are thinking about the implementation of this feature, and it is very probable that you will see subforums in one of the nearest updates. But that's not what we are going to announce today. Apart from forum updates, we have prepared a number of E-shop updates, and useful bug fixes!
The Forum Module
1. Recounting of Forum numbers.
This feature has been relocated. Was (Control panel -> Forum -> Module settings): Now (Control Panel -> Forum -> Module main page):
Of course this bug fix does not only include relocating, otherwise it won't be a bug fix. There was no notification about a successful completion of the action. It has been added.
2. Subscription threads.
How it was: if a user subscribed to a forum, the subscription list did not display the threads to which the user subscribed separately before subscribing to the forum. And if the user unsubscribed from the forum, the separate threads still did not appear on the subscription list. How it is now: All subscriptions are available on the list, no matter in which order a user subscribed to them.
We have also found a bug with the page switchers on the page with the subscription list, and have fixed it.
3. Wiki-like post.
We have considerably changed this feature, and will describe it in more detail a bit later. As for the bug, it was in the following - it was impossible to delete a duplicate post after creating a wiki-like post.
When deleting an attached image from the duplicate post, the image was also deleted from the wiki-like post. This has been fixed.
Besides, in threads with wiki-like posts users were sometimes redirected to the previous (relatively to the necessary) page - in other words if a user wanted to go to /forum/2-28547-72
, he was taken to /forum/2-28547-71
4. Duplicate "»" on the page with the forum rules.
That's it with the bug fixes. Let's proceed to the updates!
1. Wiki-like posts.
We have separated the options "Create a wiki-like post" and "Make the first message a heading (display on all pages)". The latter is now strictly in charge of header posts, even if wiki-like posts are enabled in Control Panel. To create a wiki-like post, you need to click the link "Make the wiki-bot the author" (and here you can also customize the bot):
2. When creating and editing a thread, it is now possible to change the thread starter
(not into a wiki-bot, but into a real user). The feature comes useful if a moderator of a large forum board has quit, and a new person started to moderate the board. It's no secret that users usually address questions to thread starters.
3. Search in a thread.
It is often difficult to find the necessary information in large threads. That's why we have added the possibility to search in a certain forum thread:
4. Private message notifications
when a user's thread is moved/deleted. Now it will be more convenient for users to follow their created threads.
A system code $LAST_AWARDS$('5')?>
has been added to the "Appearance of entries" template of the Forum module. It displays recent user's awards (5 can be replaced by any integer number from 1 to 10).
6. There are also some changes to the quoting feature
. We have added the "→" symbol which links to the post that is being quoted:
7. The template of the e-mail notification about private messages
has been updated. Now the message text contains the direct link to an unread message, therefore if a user is logged in to a website when he receives a PM notification, he will be able to go to the new PM in one click by following the link from the notification.
The E-shop Module
There have been a number of extremely useful updates and bug fixes:
- the bug on the order submission page, when an order with an incorrect product amount could be submitted by pressing "Enter", has been fixed,
- when adding an item with options without considering stock balance, 0 is automatically recorded to the stock balance field,
- the possibility to edit an order of any status has been added (only manipulations with items, without editing order fields),
- the bug with uploading large category images has been fixed,
- the bug with item re-saving has been fixed. The global stock balance used to be reset for items with options,
- Google Analytics has been integrated. The settings are in the E-shop section of Control Panel,
- the bug with incorrect display of sums during mass item adding has been fixed,
- the PagSeguro payment system has been added.
Other Bug Fixes
Bug fixes are an inseparable part of almost any update, since no matter how good previous updates are there is always space for improvement! Here is the list of the bugs that have been fixed:
- the bug with entering phone number in the pop-up window after CP login (when attaching a phone number to a website),
- the bug with the code $_FORUM_ACTIVITY_URL$ in the "User’s personal page" template,
- a number of bug fixes in Social Media Publisher,
- resumed operation of the codes $OPTIONS_SIGN$, $OPTIONS_FL$ in the registration form template,
- the description of the code $CURRENT_PAGE$ has been added to the templates of the main and archive pages in Blog and Site News,
- the bug with error 404 in Online Games when using filters,
- the bug with Ajax page switching in Publisher.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.