• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Welcome uKit - a New Website Builder for Business
Welcome uKit - a New Website Builder for Business
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:26 PM

Many of you had probably received invitation codes to try out our newest product – uKit. Today we are glad to announce that we have removed the invitation only system for our new website builder.

uKit is a do-it-yourself platform for creating websites for small businesses and entrepreneurs. It is easy to use and the result is a mobile-friendly, responsive and visually-appealing website. It will not allow such freedom like access to the site's code, but for sure uKit will find its own devoted users.

Come and check it out at http://ukit.com/ or get a preview by watching the trailer:

Answers to some of the questions you may have:

1. Will uKit replace uCoz?

No, it won't. We are continuing the development of uCoz – the uCoz team will continue working on the system, while uKit is being developed by a separate team.

2. Will it be possible to edit HTML and CSS codes in uKit?

No, at this moment we are not planning to add the possibility to edit HTML, CSS, conditional operators etc. – you are able to do that fully in uCoz. uKit and uCoz are different projects with different tasks and different target audience. The main feature of uKit is its simplicity, and we would like it to stay this way.

3. I'd like to see more widgets and designs.

It's just the start, so the number of available designs, widgets and features will be constantly increasing.

4. What about pricing?

This product is oriented towards businesses, therefore it will be paid. Currently, uKit is in its beta-testing stage and is free, and it will remain this way till the end of this stage. Then we are planning a single straightforward fee of about $5/month, and a free trial period.

We really hope that you'll like our new product.

All your questions, suggestions and comments are very welcome here.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
lunarmax

Message # 2 | 11:27 AM
I think you should remove the restrictions and limitations on it, example: edit css html backend, pages like add product for regular users. alot of website like ukit do not provide such functions and give hard time for developers and of course it all depends on Ukit goals what you will rather want from it, create a widget market like Shopify?

If you want to do something do something new and make the developers even more happier!

But it's alright for those businesses who just want a simple page about them.

Trouble maker
Post edited by lunarmax - Saturday, 2015-07-11, 11:35 AM
Sunny

Message # 3 | 12:48 PM
lunarmax, uKit is mostly designed for users who don't want to deal with HTML and CSS, and want to create an online presence of their business really quickly and easily. For more complex things we have uCoz. smile
Vorpal

Message # 4 | 4:09 PM
Quote Sunny ()
lunarmax, uKit is mostly designed for users who don't want to deal with HTML and CSS, and want to create an online presence of their business really quickly and easily. For more complex things we have uCoz.

Any news on major uCoz updates ?
I didn't see anything major this year moving around. We still don't have the seo module.

Will there be a separate official ukit forum ?
Sunny

Message # 5 | 12:27 PM
Vorpal, unfortunately no dates for the SEO module. Though we haven't announced any major updates like new modules this year (yet), we keep working on uCoz and our latest update will be announced very soon smile

As for uKit forum, we'll see. For now we have a board on this forum.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Welcome uKit - a New Website Builder for Business
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: