uCoz Community » General Information » About uCoz Community Forum » Time for changes (forum updates)
Time for changes
Sunny

Message # 1 | 12:02 PM
Dear Forum members!

Don't you think that it is time to change our Community Forum, to make it more modern and up-to-date? The forum design haven't been updated since the time of forum creation. So now we are glad to announce that we are starting the update process!

What is going to be changed?

1. Group icons will be completely replaced by new icons.
2. Forum structure will be reviewed. Some boards will be moved, some deleted, some new created.
3. Forum icons will be changed as well.
4. And the final stage will be the complete redesign of the forum!

Here you can discuss all innovations and posts your remarks.

Dear users, our forum redesign is complete! Now taking on a fresh new appearance we are happy to present the new uCoz Community Forums design.

Please feel free to leave your own comments, remarks, and - if in case you've found an error - errors, here in the thread so that we may make it the best it can be.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Pancake_old

Message # 46 | 9:42 PM
the grid is gone ...the backdrop grid...it looks good it just doesnt work on all browsers that well
that post that tells me somthing like "how the forum wouldnt change in the near future" is gone too biggrin
oh well ...heres to a new ucoz

ePal(Join and be rewarded with our new look)
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Unique

Message # 47 | 2:19 AM
Attachments: 3944390.png (1.9 Kb)

Pancake_old

Message # 48 | 4:54 AM
Ok I'm reporting an error um on the IE the forum looks like its not complete it goes to the left and no one see's this cause everyone appears to be on fire fox. but theres errors on firefox as well I think FF10 was reported.

the login thing seems to be fixed so thanks for fixing that

my pictures and info about this error can be found on the general chat

Thank you for reading my post I hope you enjoyed reading it just as much as I enjoyed typing it biggrin

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/25-7766-93773-16-1343239929

now that theres a backdrop it looks ok but this doesnt fix the centering its still to the left
and other errors wink

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Post edited by Pancake - Thursday, 2012-07-26, 6:03 AM
Kasach

Message # 49 | 9:28 AM
Bug with the Header and the Footer in Firefox 13.

In IE10 and Google Chrome 20 the Designs works fine at me smile

You can find me on the unofficial uCoz Discord :)
Post edited by Kasach - Thursday, 2012-07-26, 9:30 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 50 | 12:09 PM
Unique, Pancake, Kasach, thank you. They have been passed along and will be fixed ASAP. wink If you have any further comments or find any more bugs please feel free to post. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Pancake_old

Message # 51 | 6:14 PM
Quote (Paradox)
you have any further comments or find any more bugs please feel free to post.

The login gave me the Impossible login again I had to click twice before it let me in

Other than that the place looks great it is centered

but the new design picture appears to be in the wrong place its diping

Attachments: 4264191.jpg (14.9 Kb) · 1804568.jpg (74.9 Kb) · 7804161.jpg (17.3 Kb) · 6418630.jpg (33.4 Kb)

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Post edited by Pancake - Thursday, 2012-07-26, 6:17 PM
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 52 | 2:48 AM
Pancake, I'm guessing you are using internet explorer again? I'm not surprised to what's happening on your view. xD Try using some updated browsers.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 53 | 7:03 AM
Quote (Pancake)
The login gave me the Impossible login again I had to click twice before it let me in

This is a system issue. Non related to the forums. I will talk to the development team about it.

Quote (Pancake)
but the new design picture appears to be in the wrong place its diping

In regards to this and the rest of your problems. Don't use IE is the solution for the current moment until they are fixed by the designers. It is a non-flexible, weakly developed browser that is years behind the other major browsers - my personal opinion jumping in here of course. It may be one of the most used but it is definitely not the best free browser available.

Pancake_old

Message # 54 | 7:15 AM
I was going to say I liked the FF view best...till I hit post and it delete my full post! dry

But other than that Yeah I really like the FF view best. biggrin
It looks so much better

This make IE look like sh...crap tongue

But why the heck would ucoz drop IE as away to view this place ?
I been using IE since the start of my computer years I have learn to love IE

How can you make IE make a website look bad anyway ?

I think ucoz should support all browsers so we are able to enjoy ucoz around the world
not everyone has access to FF or some other kind

so just saying if a newbie came over and only had IE the site is going to look broken and poorly made

only people with FF or other updated software can really see what it truly is ... biggrin
im not use to FF I prefer IE so this stinks for me like tuna and cheese haha NO! tongue
thats just nasty

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 55 | 7:25 AM
Quote (Pancake)
look like ***********

Please don't curse. wink

~~

Quote (Pancake)
I think ucoz should support all browsers so we are able to enjoy ucoz around the world
not everyone has access to FF or some other kind

Pancake, the uCoz forums have been designed as best they can be for cross-browser integration however there are some unavoidable bugs which will occur in IE due to a lack of support and updating for the browser. The problems you found have been forwarded along to the designers and will be looked at for fixing within the next few weeks. wink

Pancake_old

Message # 56 | 11:01 AM
Quote (Paradox)
Please don't curse.

Paradox, I dont know about the stars but in no way did i studder I did not swear.

I only put the letters S and H with three little dots going to the next thing I was going to say.
and the word crap is not swearing last I checked. but if you dont like it I wont say it.

glad to hear they will be fixed thanks man wink

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Post edited by Pancake - Friday, 2012-07-27, 11:04 AM
oejiek

Message # 57 | 3:10 AM
good biggrin
Bengaltiger

Message # 58 | 0:19 AM
good job guys!..
Design looking simply great smile
Stroud458

Message # 59 | 7:44 PM
I hadn't visited the forums for a long time and was pleasantly surprised to see the design changes. I love the fresh new design and the simple yet effective group icons. Well done Design Team!
kostova

Message # 60 | 9:08 AM
Haven't been on uCoz in so long. It's about damn time this forum got a new design :]
uCoz Community » General Information » About uCoz Community Forum » Time for changes (forum updates)
Search: