• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Site Transfer
Site Transfer
Expert1510

Message # 1 | 9:52 PM
Is there anyway I can transfer site files of forum threads, members, icons, etc. to another site which is allowed of web hosting like mybb forums?

I have enjoyed ucoz all this time, but the 18+ block is tempting me to make some changes, my site has no adult comment because it was caused by some spammers who invaded it. And to me that's not fair. Or is there another way where I can create another ucoz site and transfer all my files from one to another....? Thanks. cool
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 10:38 PM
Quote (Expert1510)
Is there anyway I can transfer site files of forum threads, members, icons, etc. to another site which is allowed of web hosting like mybb forums?

It is not possible.

Quote (Expert1510)
I have enjoyed ucoz all this time, but the 18+ block is tempting me to make some changes, my site has no adult comment because it was caused by some spammers who invaded it. And to me that's not fair.

Have you sent a message to the Abuse team regarding the situation and if so have you received a reply as of yet?

Quote (Expert1510)
Or is there another way where I can create another ucoz site and transfer all my files from one to another....? Thanks.

This would be possible through the use of site backups - however- I don't believe your members would be transferred. I will check on this and get back to you.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Expert1510

Message # 3 | 10:53 PM
Quote (Paradox)
Have you sent a message to the Abuse team regarding the situation and if so have you received a reply as of yet?

The Abuse Team can take it off if I tell them about the situation? I sent it to Technical Support.

Quote (Paradox)
This would be possible through the use of site backups - however- I don't believe your members would be transferred. I will check on this and get back to you.

Thank you, from what I read it seems like members would be transferred as well...

So I can do it without any problems? They say no cloning websites, but I'll just delete the current one with restored backups to upload on the other one. The 18+ on my site was caused by spammers and NOT me which sucks.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:21 AM
Quote (Expert1510)
I sent it to Technical Support.

And have you got a reply? If the Support Service refused to remove the block, then there was a reason for this. If you provide the website address, I will inquire about this matter.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 5 | 10:29 AM
Quote (Expert1510)
They say no cloning websites, but I'll just delete the current one with restored backups to upload on the other one.

Each such case is considered separately but in general it is possible, you delete the first website, and then restore the backup on a new website.

Quote (Expert1510)
The 18+ on my site was caused by spammers and NOT me which sucks.

It's sometimes useful to limit permissions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Site Transfer
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: