• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Transfer website data to another server (When that will be available?)
Transfer website data to another server
Ed05

Message # 1 | 3:44 PM
Im curious why ucoz dont have option to transfer all data (entries) to another server. I have about 15 000 entries and i will love to make another site for example on ucoz and i dont want to add that entries from the beginning so transfer entries will be great option. Why we are stuck with this dry
!
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 6:11 PM
Ed05, you can try using the backup function.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ed05

Message # 3 | 6:51 PM
bigblog, not that, i mean on added enteries. Example atached on img.
Im asking that, is that posibile, to transfer enteries, enteries that i added on one site (links, brief,etc).
One more example: If i want to make another site and i have over 1000 enteries added on my old site, i want to transfer that enteries from old site to new site,that is not posibile? wacko
Attachments: 8002866.png (10.3 Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2016-04-26, 6:54 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 7:08 PM
Ed05, it should be possible by creating a backup, downloading it, uploading to the new site and restoring the backup on the new site.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Good

Message # 5 | 8:39 AM
Hi bigblog,

As I know, uCoz wont allow to make a clone site so back up and restore to another site is impossible.

Could you please check again?
Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:25 AM
Good, it is not allowed if a user wants to keep both websites. But if the first website will be deleted after the transfer, then the data can be transferred through a backup.

Ed05, you can transfer all entries with a backup.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 7 | 12:36 PM
Sunny, that is great news,but then my old site will be deleted automatically or?
And it's enough to do this http://imgur.com/ksRFNyD and i will get all entries on another site? cause i already try that and i get only template design,not entries.

If my old site will be deleted i dont want to transfer anything.

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Wednesday, 2016-04-27, 12:47 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 8 | 12:50 PM
Ed05, Control Panel -> Tools - Project backup is what you need to use. And no, the website will not delete itself automatically.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ed05

Message # 9 | 1:57 PM
bigblog, i cant belive that i never look into that option.
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Thursday, 2016-04-28, 1:06 AM
Ed05

Message # 10 | 2:17 PM
Ucoz limited upload speed so with this tempo i will upload website for two days cause its uploading about 2hrs and ther is just 5% surprised

Added (2016-04-28, 2:17 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I just want to say that i try to upload website to another ucoz server but there was some unexplainable failure, i leave backup to upload cause there is estimated time for upload about few hours,but when i come today to see is it uploaded i see that it's stopped somewhere on middle. And instead to upload about 900mb there is just 27mb uploaded. I give up and i just notice you about isue!

Attachments: 7879675.png (12.2 Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Thursday, 2016-04-28, 1:07 AM
Sunny

Message # 11 | 2:13 PM
Ed05, please contact technical support, they will help you upload the file.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Transfer website data to another server (When that will be available?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: