Page 1 of 11
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Transfer website data to another server (When that will be available?)
Transfer website data to another server
Ed05

Message # 1 | 3:44 PM
Im curious why ucoz dont have option to transfer all data (entries) to another server. I have about 15 000 entries and i will love to make another site for example on ucoz and i dont want to add that entries from the beginning so transfer entries will be great option. Why we are stuck with this dry
!
bigblog
*boops*

Message # 2 | 6:11 PM
Ed05, you can try using the backup function.
hey i'm joe, please don't call me on my real name because you're gonna misspell or mispronounce it and it drives me nuts
Ed05

Message # 3 | 6:51 PM
bigblog, not that, i mean on added enteries. Example atached on img.
Im asking that, is that posibile, to transfer enteries, enteries that i added on one site (links, brief,etc).
One more example: If i want to make another site and i have over 1000 enteries added on my old site, i want to transfer that enteries from old site to new site,that is not posibile? wacko
Attachments: 8002866.png(10Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2016-04-26, 6:54 PM
bigblog
*boops*

Message # 4 | 7:08 PM
Ed05, it should be possible by creating a backup, downloading it, uploading to the new site and restoring the backup on the new site.
hey i'm joe, please don't call me on my real name because you're gonna misspell or mispronounce it and it drives me nuts
Good

Message # 5 | 8:39 AM
Hi bigblog,

As I know, uCoz wont allow to make a clone site so back up and restore to another site is impossible.

Could you please check again?
Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:25 AM
Good, it is not allowed if a user wants to keep both websites. But if the first website will be deleted after the transfer, then the data can be transferred through a backup.

Ed05, you can transfer all entries with a backup.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 7 | 12:36 PM
Sunny, that is great news,but then my old site will be deleted automatically or?
And it's enough to do this http://imgur.com/ksRFNyD and i will get all entries on another site? cause i already try that and i get only template design,not entries.

If my old site will be deleted i dont want to transfer anything.

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Wednesday, 2016-04-27, 12:47 PM
bigblog
*boops*

Message # 8 | 12:50 PM
Ed05, Control Panel -> Tools - Project backup is what you need to use. And no, the website will not delete itself automatically.
Ed05

Message # 9 | 1:57 PM
bigblog, i cant belive that i never look into that option.
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Thursday, 2016-04-28, 1:06 AM
Ed05

Message # 10 | 2:17 PM
Ucoz limited upload speed so with this tempo i will upload website for two days cause its uploading about 2hrs and ther is just 5% surprised

Added (2016-04-28, 2:17 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I just want to say that i try to upload website to another ucoz server but there was some unexplainable failure, i leave backup to upload cause there is estimated time for upload about few hours,but when i come today to see is it uploaded i see that it's stopped somewhere on middle. And instead to upload about 900mb there is just 27mb uploaded. I give up and i just notice you about isue!

Attachments: 7879675.png(12Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Thursday, 2016-04-28, 1:07 AM
Sunny

Message # 11 | 2:13 PM
Ed05, please contact technical support, they will help you upload the file.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Transfer website data to another server (When that will be available?)
Page 1 of 11
Search: