uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Control Panel session (session time-out, IP address is temporarily blocked)
Control Panel session
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:16 PM
You can log into the Control Panel from several browsers, besides several people can work in the Control Panel simultaneously. Maximal number of simultaneous logins is from 1 to 4. You can adjust it via the top bar -> Security -> Security settings. You can also set a session time-out period – from 1 hour (minimum) to 18 hours. It is recommend to set more than one hour only when you are working in the Control Panel from home, otherwise it's better not to take risks. If you were inactive during the session period you will have to log in again. If administrators have their session bound to IP (in user group settings) and IP is dynamic, then they will be automatically logged out when working on the site each time their IP changes. Work in the Control Panel is ALWAYS bound to IP.

A username (login) to the Control Panel is the site name, chosen during registration. The password to the Control Panel can be changed irrespective of the administrator’s password. The administrator’s username can be changed, the Control Panel username (website name) can’t.

Control Panel is a separate module. Logging in to the Control Panel is realized separately from the logging in to the website. Everyone, who has the corresponding permissions, can log into the Control Panel using the same username and password.

You can log into the Control Panel either from your Webtop (at uNet.com) -> My websites or by means of adding /admin to the website name (http://yourwebsite.ucoz.com/admin).

There are also the following settings.
Session security level by IP address:

1. Medium (fixation of C-class network)
2. Low (fixation of B-class network)
3. Absent (no fixation)
4. High (fix IP exactly)

If your IP changes each time you refresh a page or just periodically (you work through cascading proxy or traffic saving software, or your type of Internet connection doesn't provide constant IP address), and your work in the Control Panel is often interrupted by the error about changed IP, then you can choose the item "no fixation", however it will considerably reduce the security level.

Logging in to Control Panel only from the specified IP addresses and subnetworks:

The list of IP addresses and subnetworks, wherefrom login to the Control Panel is allowed. This feature allows to reach the maximum security level. Subnetworks can be specified in different ways: "100.101.102", "100.101.102.*", "100.101.102.0/24", "100.101.102.0/255.255.255.0" - define the same subnetwork with the IP addresses from 100.101.102.0 to 100.101.102.255. You can enter up to 20 subnetworks.
Do not use this feature if you hardly understand what IP address is and in what cases it may change.

If your IP address is temporarily blocked, it means that you have entered a wrong password several times in succession. It will be unblocked in about an hour, so you don't need to worry

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 16 | 8:09 AM
HorseIsleSense, IP is unblocked within several hours and she must not try to log in during these hours as the blocking will be prolonged. Besides, ask her to use the password reminding feature to be sure she remembered the password correctly.
HorseIsleSense

Message # 17 | 11:54 PM
Its now been more than a few DAYS as opposed to hours. She tried logging in by the login tab on the menu, and on the button at the top of the page. It STILL says her IP is blocked. How can I fix this?
Sunny

Message # 18 | 9:02 AM
HorseIsleSense, is she sure that the password is correct? She might confuse her uNet password and Webtop password. Did she try to use the password reminding feature? Can she log in at uNet.com?
Anion

Message # 19 | 10:44 AM
help me, my site's control panel security is, my IP address, and my IP address is changed, how it right? help me people, i want to enter my control panel
Sunny

Message # 20 | 4:18 PM
Anion, did you limit the access to Control Panel by IP? Contact Tech. Support: http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=contact
HeinLay

Message # 21 | 12:41 PM
If i log in to CP,system said "Incorrect security code" all the time.Help!
uCoz forever user from
Natashko

Message # 22 | 3:31 PM
HeinLay, Disable your firewall, antivirus while running diagnostics;
Disable the traffic saving services (e.g., Traffic Compressor);
Disable the torrent client or any other services that can create a lot of connections, if any.
Try to use another browser or update the current one.
Maybe some necessary browser functions are disabled or are working incorrectly. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser
VKML

Message # 23 | 3:46 PM
Hi everyone, I need help and very quicky...
So, can anyone tell me, how I can remind my control panel password? Because I was using my site ~6mounth before , and didn't thought that I will reborn it later, so I forgot somehow my control panel aka webtop password. How I can remind it? Anyone can help me? Here's my site http://vkml.clan.su/admin waiting for help, thanks.
Animorph

Message # 24 | 3:51 PM
VKML, this might help

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-5153-1

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 25 | 3:38 PM
VKML, Please use the Control Panel password reminding form: http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=remind
crackrat

Message # 26 | 6:28 AM
I have a problem loging in to control panel.It say that i have entered a incorrect login or password!I compile the lost password sesion and it send's to me the same password that i use first.since yesturday i recive the same error.Please help me!!
Post edited by crackrat - Wednesday, 2011-01-12, 6:41 AM
Animorph

Message # 27 | 1:30 PM
crackrat, like Natashko, said use password reminding form

http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=remind

happy

crackrat

Message # 28 | 5:48 PM
I have used http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=remind ..i recive the password but it dosen't work!!!
Animorph

Message # 29 | 5:49 PM
crackrat, did you made the website with your webtop ? because it will send the password to the webtop e-mail normally
crackrat

Message # 30 | 5:53 PM
iI recive tha maill whit tha password on my personal mail...bun tha password still dosent work
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Control Panel session (session time-out, IP address is temporarily blocked)
Search: