• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Editable content (My site is editable for everyone (contenteditable))
Editable content
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 1 | 2:02 PM
A site becomes editable to everyone if the template has a contenteditable="true" property in the < body > tag.

Please remember that your site is pseudo-editable - it means that the content can be edited (as in a text editor application), but the changes will not be applied.

How to disable pseudo-editing of the page's content?

1. Log in to Control Panel, go to Design customization, and select the page where the problem exists.

2. Search for the body tag, and delete the contenteditable="true" attribute. For example, we have this code:

Code
<body contenteditable="true">

We have to replace it with:

Code
<body>

3. Click Save to save the changes.

What should you do if you don't know which template you need to fix?

If you don't know which template the contenteditable="true' property is in, follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel » Design Customization » Quick replacement.
2. Insert this code into the "Find" field:
Code
contenteditable="true"

3. Leave empty the "Replace with" field.
4. Click on Replace.

After doing these steps, everything should work properly.

You can use Quick replacement if you have more pseudo-editable pages too.

If you've done all of the steps mentioned above and the page is still editable, please leave a reply in this thread and provide the URL of the editable page.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
mariozplaze

Message # 2 | 0:38 AM
I have this problem too, but only when I use the visual HTML editor for page designs; so I had to revert it and figure out the hard way how to code it without it. The only page on my site currently like this is the "You Have Been Banned" page, so I'm not worried.
I love Ucoz and all of its staff! Thanks for all the help!
Sunny

Message # 3 | 11:53 AM
mariozplaze, that's right, the problem is usually caused by the Visual Editor. That's why we not recommend to use it for design customization - because it can mess up the design.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Mac5387

Message # 4 | 8:45 AM
I have changed he template of my site bu it is not showing in any page of site
Please help me my site address is http://macblogspot.at.ua/
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 5 | 5:00 PM
Mac5387, please, provide the template you were switching to and from (the template numbers from the template gallery).
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
babytiler10

Message # 6 | 2:50 AM
Hi, I have been looking for body tag but I have not seen any, I only see boddy alone, please help
B.T.E
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 7 | 7:22 AM
babytiler10, please, provide the URL address of your website.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
sunshinechen218

Message # 8 | 6:13 AM
Thanks for your nice post to teach us more in this topic.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Editable content (My site is editable for everyone (contenteditable))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: