• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » ban spammers from guestbook (gusetbook)
ban spammers from guestbook
Candy

Message # 1 | 7:31 PM
Hello All,

Over and over again I find some iritating messages into my guestbook,I asked friendly to use the guestbook for the reason it was produced for,without result,it looks like robot visits with sometimes web link sometimes advertising.

So my question does ip block work also for the guestbook??
Or are there better ways to stop this.

Thanks for any help in advance.

krgds Candy
Sunny

Message # 2 | 3:29 PM
Candy, you can find some info here and here
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Candy

Message # 3 | 6:30 PM
Thanks Sunny ,
I was reading this already but did not found out if it works for the guestbook if blocking the ip .

So I have to experiment and see if it works or not.

Sometimes I see a message in my guestbook but I can not find him back in my statistics so how can someone write into the guestbook and not counted by the statistic counter from Ucoz.
Is there a acces to the guestbook without entering the website ????

Is it not strange that someone can write into the guestbook and not detected/counted from the statistics????

Krgds Candy
Post edited by Candy - Thursday, 2013-02-28, 6:32 PM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 12:14 PM
Candy, if you mean the action log, then only deleting of Guestbook entries is recorded. I don't think that IP blocking will be of great help since spammers don't usually have one and the same IP, use proxies etc. I would suggest that you enable premoderation of new entries (in User Group settings) - in this case you'll approve each new post manually and won't get any spam.
Candy

Message # 5 | 8:28 PM
Hello All,

Long Time ago I posted this isue.

Still my guestbook is filled every day whit all kind of nonsens and ugly spam.
Strange how they get into my guestebook as my webcounter does not count this people and locations,I do not think they have to use the security code they are in my opinion able to get into it directly how I dont know.

The reason of my new post now is I see sudenly an new field in the guest book to remove this unwanted things there is
added one ectra button in RED with the word SPAM.

I hope this will mark and filter the persons who postings this and avoid further unwanted postings.

Otherwise Iám thinking to disable or block the guestbook.

Hope someone can confirm this button and if it ist solving this problem.

Kind regards Candy.
Post edited by Candy - Thursday, 2014-06-19, 8:30 PM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 10:46 AM
Candy, you can read about the new spam filter here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-18430-1
Candy

Message # 7 | 6:12 PM
Thanks Sunny,for the link and explanation.

However this is NO solution for the spam problem in the guestbook,as you can mark it as spam and make it uvisible for yourself
or give a number of posts after that all visitors will not see the spam,why not if I mark it as spam it is blocked for the future.

I have still a lot of spam,and after I mark them as spam they can still go on and send this garbage to my guestbook.

One simple question how can they post into my guestbook and my Ucoz statics website counter is not counting them not holding there country HOW can they enter my guestbook is there a back door ???????

Every other vistor is noticed on my Ucoz statistic counter so why not this guys posting all this garbage????

For now I have to continue every day delating manualy the garbage out of my guest book I think this is not where it is developed for.

So please can someone give me a answher to my earlyer asked question:

One simple question how can they post into my guestbook and my Ucoz statics website counter is not counting them not holding there country HOW can they enter my guestbook is there a back door ???????

This is my only problem with the use of Ucoz as further it is very stabil very realible and safe to use.
And I can recommend it to all who is seekeing for webspace/host.

Kind regards Candy
Post edited by Candy - Friday, 2014-06-20, 6:14 PM
Good

Message # 8 | 5:10 AM
You can use URL blocking feature.

http://

NO one can post link on your site.

If they try to spam by other way, just find out their IP and block it.
And combination with Pre-moderate their post.

Good luck to u.
Sunny

Message # 9 | 3:26 PM
Candy, of course the spam filter is not a universal solution, it is one of the anti-spam tools. We are well aware of this problem and are working on it. One of other tools that could help reduce the spam on your website is enabling the complicated captcha in the website Common Settings.

Quote Candy ()

Provide the URL of your website.

Candy

Message # 10 | 8:02 PM
Hello Sunny

Thank for ur tips.
I do not think the spammers have to fill in the surity code below the guestbook my reason for this is it would take time to do that.
I think they found a way to post it without fill in that field.

At this moment I have deleated a large number of garbage from my guestbook but tommorrow

complicated captcha in the website Common Settings this setting is now normal what effect has to change this on the rest of my website or has it only effect on the guestbook.

Thanks Candy

Hello Good ,
yeah I did that kind of blokking like www and blocked a huge number of ip adresses but they are behind a proxy I think.

Maybe the easyest way is to disable my guestbook,but I hope for a technical solution.Thank you for you suggestions anyway sometimes its the golden arrow smile

Cheers Candy
Post edited by Candy - Monday, 2014-06-23, 8:06 PM
Sunny

Message # 11 | 4:07 PM
Quote Candy ()
complicated captcha in the website Common Settings this setting is now normal what effect has to change this on the rest of my website or has it only effect on the guestbook.

It will change the captcha type on the whole website, not only in Guestbook.

What groups spam your Guestbook? Guests? Or Users as well?

Quote Candy ()

Why do you think spammers are not counted? What do you look at? Hosts?

Candy

Message # 12 | 8:13 PM
Hi Sunny,

I do not think the normal people who visit my website will add spam.
So it must be guests.
I look at the number of visits of ucoz statistic counter,further to the country that visit my website.
Like right now I just marked all spam but before I did that I looked at the counter
9 Netherlands ... 1 Usa .... 1 Ukraine your visit? smile

After a few minits new spam on the guest book occurs but the number of country visits remain the same how can that be ?

After new posts the counter should counted te spammer but did not that is why I think they use a backdoor.

Is there a simple way to block my guestbook but Without delate it ....maybe a while out of order will solve it.

Cheers Candy
Post edited by Candy - Wednesday, 2014-06-25, 8:27 PM
Sunny

Message # 13 | 2:40 PM
Quote Candy ()
I do not think the normal people who visit my website will add spam. So it must be guests.

Spammers (they are often spam bots) are also able to register. Anyway, you can see it in your Guestbook - if a comment is added by a registered users, there is a link to his/her profile. Your Guestbook is really spammed by Guests.

You can enable pre-moderation in Guestbook (Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Guests). It will not prevent spam but at least website visitors won't see it.

Quote Candy ()
After a few minits new spam on the guest book occurs but the number of country visits remain the same how can that be ?

The statistics data are not always refreshed immediately, so don't worry about any backdoors smile

Candy

Message # 14 | 7:38 PM
Thanks Sunny,
I will give it a try and enable pre -moderation.

And Iám happy to hear that there is no backdoor as I was afraid for that. happy

Last thing what benefit do this people have from it as Iám shore no one with normal common sense will react on any of those links posted in my guestbook.

smile 'for now all ok cheers Candy
Sunny

Message # 15 | 9:40 AM
Quote Candy ()
what benefit do this people have from it

Good question smile They must be getting some, because otherwise what's the point? smile

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » ban spammers from guestbook (gusetbook)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: