uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Help on Tests (questions and answers about the module)
Help on Tests
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:34 PM
What is "Tests" module?
This module is intended for testing of users on your site.

May I add my own tests with the help of this module?
Yes, you may. Install the module, then go to Control Panel –> Entries management and click on "Add new entry"

Where can I take tests to add them to my site?
We have already prepared for you some tests – you can find them in Control Panel – Module Settings - "Add from tests library".

Can I change tests, added from the library?
Yes, you can edit them as you like.

Can I add several similar tests from the library?
Yes, you can. However there is no sense in having two similar tests on a site, unless you want to develop your own test on the basis of one of them.

Can I move a test form one category into another?
Yes, you can. Go to Control Panel – Tests – Entries management, find the necessary entry and edit it.

I’ve added a test but want to disable it for some time. How can I do this?
Go to Control Panel – Tests – Entries management, fine the necessary entry and in the editing mode check the item "Entry is not available for viewing".

I’m adding a test and don’t understand what "Type of testing" means!
If you select "One answer choice" it means that a user can choose only one answer variant. "Several answers choice" means that a user can select as many variants as you will specify at the next step of test addition.

I’m adding a test and don’t understand why I can’t remove the checkmark "Entry is not available for viewing"!
You can activate a test only after you have completed its addition.

I’m adding a test and don’t understand what "Repeated testing in…days" means!
By means of this feature you can forbid repeated testing for some time. For example, you can specify there number 7 – in such a way you will allow a user to retake the test, he has passed today, not earlier than in a week.

What is the maximal number of questions in a test?
You can add a maximum of 1000 questions.

What is the maximal number of answer variants?
You can add a maximum of 100 variants.

What is the maximal length of one answer variant?
Maximal answer length is 250 characters.

What is the maximal length of a question field?
Maximal question length is 250 characters.

Is it allowed to use HTML in tests?
Yes, but only in "Short description" and "Question text" fields.

Are ВВcodes allowed?
No.

May I use something else as points, instead of numbers?
No. You can use only positive and negative numbers.

May I use both positive and negative points in one and the same question?
Yes. Both positive and negative values will be taken into account.

I want to change minimal and maximal range for a test but I can’t do this. Why?
Minimal and maximal range value is calculated automatically. You can’t change it because it’s senseless – a user can’t gain more or less points than it is specified in a range.

Is it necessary to show a user his/her test result?
No. If you will disable this feature a user will just see the message that the test has been finished.

When I select a group where a user will belong in case of successful test results an additional area for group selection appears beneath. What is this for?
This is the list of groups, for which group change is allowed according to the test results. For example, you want a user form the "Users" group to be transferred to the "Moderators" group according to the test results. But you don’t want anyone from the "Administrators" group to be transferred to the "Moderators". In order to avoid this situation you must tick off Groups, allowed to be transferred according to the test results.

Can I reduce ranks according to test results?
No, you can’t. If user’s rank is higher than the rank he is supposed to get according to test results, then the current rank won’t change.

What happens when I remove a test?
All data related to this test is removed – including questions, answers, ranges and result log.

What is recorded in test log?
Test results of all registered users. If you allow Guests to take tests their results won’t be recorded.

Can a user view the results of his tests some time after testing?
No. If you want users to be able to save test results, enable the feature of sending results to e-mail.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 16 | 9:04 AM
PurpleBisch, have you solved your problem? I can see one test on your Tests page.
PurpleBisch

Message # 17 | 1:06 PM
No I havent fixed it yet.. i dont see any tests, im not sure what your looking at.. I see Tests[1] But even with being an admin i cannot see or take any tests. All groups are able to view and take the test. I have no clue what is wrong sad
Sunny

Message # 18 | 1:30 PM

PurpleBisch, this is definitely because of user group permissions. Did you check permissions in CP -> Users -> User groups -> Edit icon -> Tests

Attachments: 1050249.png (3.0 Kb) · 8892022.png (4.4 Kb) · 2239764.png (5.1 Kb) · 8764502.png (1.4 Kb)

Armaros

Message # 19 | 5:40 PM
I did say to check it... wacko
PurpleBisch

Message # 20 | 8:00 PM
lol i checked it for everyone but the admin ... wow im dumb, thanks guys :P
andiqu

Message # 21 | 4:13 PM
One question wink How can I redirect users to /tests page?
My And Your WebSite:
wWw.LKclan.uCoz.com
Thanks to uCoz system.
Armaros

Message # 22 | 5:21 PM
andiqu, don't ask same question in different threads.
http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/24-5570-27822-16-1239812427
Ar7

Message # 23 | 5:42 PM
How to add an image in a question ?
Armaros

Message # 24 | 5:44 PM
Quote (Ar7)
How to add an image in a question ?
Bit more specific, please.
Ar7

Message # 25 | 5:52 PM
Quote (Armaros)
Bit more specific, please.

I would like to add an image in the question field and let my users interpret the image and come out with an answer.

Also is it possible to set timings for tests ?

Thanks.

Sunny

Message # 26 | 8:34 AM
Quote (Ar7)
I would like to add an image in the question field

HTML is allowed in questions, so I don't think it's a problem.

Quote (Ar7)
Also is it possible to set timings for tests ?

What exactly? Expire date? There is no such feature.

Ar7

Message # 27 | 8:25 AM
Quote (Sunny)
What exactly? Expire date? There is no such feature.

Not expiry date. Max time allowed to complete a test ex. 30 mins
Armaros

Message # 28 | 8:54 AM
Quote (Ar7)
Not expiry date. Max time allowed to complete a test ex. 30 mins

Ever thought to look at settings? If there isn't, then it's obvious that there isn't this feature.
Why to ask questions when you can check everything yourself? It's not even hard to check.
Ar7

Message # 29 | 9:37 AM
Quote (Armaros)
Ever thought to look at settings? If there isn't, then it's obvious that there isn't this feature.
Why to ask questions when you can check everything yourself? It's not even hard to check.

I know to look at settings and i have looked at them. But when you create a module called 'test' don't you think it is more sensible to add time limit ?
I asked that question bcos i wanted to know if there was any other way to set time limits. I am not a programmer like you, u see --
Quote (Armaros)
C++ Programmer | PHP Coder | MySQL Coder | Java Programmer | HTML Coder | Visual Basic Programmer | Prawn Coder | C# Programmer | Action Script Coder
surprised :o surprised :o surprised wacko %) wacko %) wacko
Post edited by Ar7 - Friday, 2009-04-24, 9:41 AM
Sunny

Message # 30 | 10:08 AM
Ar7, there is no such setting.

Quote (Ar7)
But when you create a module called 'test' don't you think it is more sensible to add time limit ?

Armaros if not a developer, the same as I, and we can't decide what to add and what not to add. You can put it as a suggestion on the corresponding board.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Help on Tests (questions and answers about the module)
Search: