uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Help on Tests (questions and answers about the module)
Help on Tests
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:34 PM
What is "Tests" module?
This module is intended for testing of users on your site.

May I add my own tests with the help of this module?
Yes, you may. Install the module, then go to Control Panel –> Entries management and click on "Add new entry"

Where can I take tests to add them to my site?
We have already prepared for you some tests – you can find them in Control Panel – Module Settings - "Add from tests library".

Can I change tests, added from the library?
Yes, you can edit them as you like.

Can I add several similar tests from the library?
Yes, you can. However there is no sense in having two similar tests on a site, unless you want to develop your own test on the basis of one of them.

Can I move a test form one category into another?
Yes, you can. Go to Control Panel – Tests – Entries management, find the necessary entry and edit it.

I’ve added a test but want to disable it for some time. How can I do this?
Go to Control Panel – Tests – Entries management, fine the necessary entry and in the editing mode check the item "Entry is not available for viewing".

I’m adding a test and don’t understand what "Type of testing" means!
If you select "One answer choice" it means that a user can choose only one answer variant. "Several answers choice" means that a user can select as many variants as you will specify at the next step of test addition.

I’m adding a test and don’t understand why I can’t remove the checkmark "Entry is not available for viewing"!
You can activate a test only after you have completed its addition.

I’m adding a test and don’t understand what "Repeated testing in…days" means!
By means of this feature you can forbid repeated testing for some time. For example, you can specify there number 7 – in such a way you will allow a user to retake the test, he has passed today, not earlier than in a week.

What is the maximal number of questions in a test?
You can add a maximum of 1000 questions.

What is the maximal number of answer variants?
You can add a maximum of 100 variants.

What is the maximal length of one answer variant?
Maximal answer length is 250 characters.

What is the maximal length of a question field?
Maximal question length is 250 characters.

Is it allowed to use HTML in tests?
Yes, but only in "Short description" and "Question text" fields.

Are ВВcodes allowed?
No.

May I use something else as points, instead of numbers?
No. You can use only positive and negative numbers.

May I use both positive and negative points in one and the same question?
Yes. Both positive and negative values will be taken into account.

I want to change minimal and maximal range for a test but I can’t do this. Why?
Minimal and maximal range value is calculated automatically. You can’t change it because it’s senseless – a user can’t gain more or less points than it is specified in a range.

Is it necessary to show a user his/her test result?
No. If you will disable this feature a user will just see the message that the test has been finished.

When I select a group where a user will belong in case of successful test results an additional area for group selection appears beneath. What is this for?
This is the list of groups, for which group change is allowed according to the test results. For example, you want a user form the "Users" group to be transferred to the "Moderators" group according to the test results. But you don’t want anyone from the "Administrators" group to be transferred to the "Moderators". In order to avoid this situation you must tick off Groups, allowed to be transferred according to the test results.

Can I reduce ranks according to test results?
No, you can’t. If user’s rank is higher than the rank he is supposed to get according to test results, then the current rank won’t change.

What happens when I remove a test?
All data related to this test is removed – including questions, answers, ranges and result log.

What is recorded in test log?
Test results of all registered users. If you allow Guests to take tests their results won’t be recorded.

Can a user view the results of his tests some time after testing?
No. If you want users to be able to save test results, enable the feature of sending results to e-mail.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Armaros

Message # 31 | 1:35 PM
Ar7, as I said numerous times, as Sunny said: I am not uCoz developer, but I can't say same
about other company. My signature states what I do, but not in here. uCoz isn't my official job,
it's my hobby only. And no, I don't find it more sensible. Limit wont give anything, because there
are still many ways to cheat. I assume that's why you wanted limit, to not give people time for
searching answers. It's not that hard to go to last question, copy paste all previous questions &
simple refresh page, find answers afterwards and take test. A bit of logical thinking needed.
SirDaniel

Message # 32 | 12:14 PM
but if you will put, for example, 20sec to question...
and you did that user can do that test only 1 time...
there is no way to cheat! happy

Added (2009-05-04, 6:10 Am)
---------------------------------------------
or maybe yes...the user can registrate(how to write that?! hell! lol) again!
maybe there's a way to do that when ___ registrate, from his comp, the site will remember the IP address...
It mean- no multi-registration! happy

so...there's a way to block multi-registration from 1comp.? happy

Added (2009-05-04, 6:14 Am)
---------------------------------------------
and I have another question... It's really newbie question!
What is the differents between "Forum" and "Blog"?
(and yes...i have many question... happy )

Thank you,
SirDaniel.
Armaros

Message # 33 | 2:56 PM
Quote (SirDaniel)
but if you will put, for example, 20sec to question...
and you did that user can do that test only 1 time...
there is no way to cheat!
Not all read fast.

Quote (SirDaniel)
so...there's a way to block multi-registration from 1comp.?
Don't think so.

Quote (SirDaniel)
What is the differents between "Forum" and "Blog"?
Blog is written with "B", forum is written with "F" This is forum, where you just posted in. Blog is more like an individual entries, it's same as main page with entries. Difference? - Forum will have sections and information can be sorted. Forum provides more features, like password'ng board, individual moderating, multiple moderating, viewing restrictions, posting restrictions so on.
SirDaniel

Message # 34 | 0:02 AM
Quote (Armaros)
Blog is written with "B", forum is written with "F"
about that i didn't understand...
cause i wrote Blog with b and forum with F....never mind...thank you for "fixing"... =)

and thanks... =)

about the test- yea..."slow reading" is a problem... hmmm... happy

Thank you,
SirDaniel.
Sunny

Message # 35 | 11:03 AM
SirDaniel, stop going off-topic!
Armaros

Message # 36 | 9:52 AM
Quote (SirDaniel)
about that i didn't understand...
cause i wrote Blog with b and forum with F....never mind...thank you for "fixing"... =)
It was meant as a joke. And please do what Sunny said.
Aloyasha

Message # 37 | 9:41 AM
My test's are in Russian I think Any help?

Click^-^
Sunny

Message # 38 | 9:55 AM
Aloyasha, yes, the default tests are in Russian only at the moment. But you can add your own tests in any language you wish.
Charon

Message # 39 | 2:40 PM
are there tests in english in library or only in russian?
Sunny

Message # 40 | 8:42 AM
Charon, at the moment in Russian only but we are working on it. But you can add any custom tests in any language without the library.
yaamaan

Message # 41 | 1:55 PM
I want ot change the type of testing from multiple choice to single answer. How can i do that?
I cud not understand this option and I selected multiple choice which is actually wrong.
How can i change it?
Sunny

Message # 42 | 2:38 PM
yaamaan, choose 'Single answer' when adding a test

yaamaan

Message # 43 | 2:47 PM
That is OK, but how to change it for those tests which are already added?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 44 | 4:31 PM
yaamaan, go to Control Panel » Tests » Entry management, and click on the icon from the right side of your test's row. There you can change the option.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
yaamaan

Message # 45 | 4:53 AM
I already tried this but "type of testing" option is readonly. Its multiple choice. i can not change it.
Please help
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Help on Tests (questions and answers about the module)
Search: