• Page 2 of 2
  • «
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Everything about Comments in guestbook goes here
Everything about Comments in guestbook goes here
Natashko

Message # 16 | 2:53 PM
fieshah, we have checked your website. We managed to post comments in your Guestbook.
But the problem you face may be resolved by removing all third-party scripts from your website
fieshah

Message # 17 | 6:33 PM
Natashko,

before this i also managed to post comments in there..during that time i already install those scripts and still can post comment..
but that problem suddently happen..i dunno why..
could u plzz reconfirm the problem again?

the problem also occur when i tried to login from the login form..i cant login from there
i need to login from Pages Management to get access to be admin for my website

Post edited by fieshah - Wednesday, 2011-02-02, 6:44 PM
Natashko

Message # 18 | 1:24 PM
fieshah, we have checked your website (logged in as a Guest and as Admin) We faced no difficulties.
All of your problems are caused by the third-party scripts usage. To check which script is causing difficulties - disable scripts one after another and check the results for your website. When you find the script that causes problems delete it.
LaBraderie

Message # 19 | 5:33 PM
is it possible to check comments in Guest Book before allowing them to be viewed by everyone else. if yes how.
I would also be able to restrict certain words from being added in the Guest book
thank you in advance.
Animorph

Message # 20 | 5:56 PM
LaBraderie, yes this is possible , you need to edit group permissions

got to CP --> Users ---< User groups ---> The group you want with the restrictions in guestbook ---> Edit permissions ---> Guestbook ---> Pre-moderate new entries (must be verified) ↓ ---> Check that option and press save

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 21 | 9:24 AM
LaBraderie,
Quote (LaBraderie)
I would also be able to restrict certain words from being added in the Guest book

It can be done by means of this feature: CP->Guestbook » Module settings->List of words and their substitutes. Enter the words you do not want to be used and the signs you want these words to be substituted with. Click Save
LaBraderie

Message # 22 | 5:34 PM
Animorph and Natashko thank you for your reply. very useful, very much appreciated. i ll try it later
thank you

Added (2011-07-02, 11:34 Am)
---------------------------------------------
i am afraid it did not work. I connected to the site while logged off and i was able to add entries in the BLOG and the GUESTBOOK.
I had unticked the box that says
I went to CP > users > Users Groups > selected USERS (I guess this is the default group a user log on to) > clicked on COMMENTS, GUESTBOOK and BLOG, each in turn and i unticked the POST COMMENTS, and REPLY TO COMMENTS options. And selected the <Pre moderate new comments (must be verified).
I also un-ticked these options under GUESTBOOK and BLOG.

I then logged off logged as different user. I tested new entries in BLOG and Guestbook and they all went on.
I would appreciated if you could help me this.
Thank you.

Animorph

Message # 23 | 7:37 PM
LaBraderie, Please check if in what group your second user account is , because you only edited the permission in the group for normal users , there are still other groups like checked and so on.
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 24 | 10:09 AM
LaBraderie, btw sometimes people just forget to click Save after unchecking the boxes.
Bonne4258

Message # 25 | 7:13 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to count the messages in the guestbook? Now it only counts in the forum and in the site catalog.

Thanks
Sunny

Message # 26 | 12:45 PM
Bonne4258, please explain in more detail what exactly you mean.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Bonne4258

Message # 27 | 8:32 PM
When I click on my profile data, it only shows the number of messages in forums and other stuff. But not in my guestbook. So the post in the guestbook don't count for a higher rank.
Sunny

Message # 28 | 8:32 AM
Bonne4258, I am afraid Guestbook does not have such option.
ucozpp

Message # 29 | 1:11 AM
It seems no Reply button on guestbook???
Sunny

Message # 30 | 12:34 PM
ucozpp, yes, you are right, there is no Reply button in Guestbook.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Everything about Comments in guestbook goes here
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: