• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » cannot use your cursor and click/drag to highlight text
cannot use your cursor and click/drag to highlight text
HorseIsleSense

Message # 1 | 4:04 AM
Okay,

First. Is it legal to set up a website so you cannot use your cursor and click/drag to highlight text on the uCoz host?

If it is, how can I do this. Are there any ways I should be aware of that members might get around it?
Natashko

Message # 2 | 9:57 AM
HorseIsleSense,
Quote (HorseIsleSense)
Is it legal to set up a website so you cannot use your cursor and click/drag to highlight text on the uCoz host?

Why not? You can find information about all possible violations here http://www.ucoz.com/terms/
Quote (HorseIsleSense)
If it is, how can I do this.

If I understood you correctly "Right click block" widget should help you. To make"Right click block" widget work: log in to your website-> Enable Builder->add block->place it in one of the containers->press "Block content management"->Widget->Right click block->Apply
Quote (HorseIsleSense)
Are there any ways I should be aware of that members might get around it?

What do you mean? Please be more specific. You can always check statistic to come to know about it.
-Moved to Additional Features-
HorseIsleSense

Message # 3 | 3:58 AM
Natashko, I don't think you got it lol

The right click block widget is helpful but it's easily avoided as you can use Ctrl + C or Command + C to copy the text... There's some code to make it so you cannot even select the text but I've no idea how to get it xD

Animorph

Message # 4 | 8:54 PM
HorseIsleSense, i found this on the internet for you and it works pretty good
http://anti-text-selection.4wsearch.com/download-scripts.htm

To busy building a passive income online ;)
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » cannot use your cursor and click/drag to highlight text
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: