uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 16 | 2:43 PM
amiko, it just means that your website hasn't been indexed by our search engine yet.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
amiko

Message # 17 | 2:43 PM
And, when it will be ok? Maybie I should do something? Thanks smile
Post edited by amiko - Monday, 2009-05-18, 1:30 PM
Armaros

Message # 18 | 2:43 PM
Quote (amiko)
Maybie I should do something?
No.
gilang

Message # 19 | 2:43 PM
why ucoz.com do not give some solution for this category problem...? cause i have some problem too with search engine, my guest doesn't get comfortable of my site, so i just make my site of ucoz.com for forum only, cause just in forum page only the search engine can work! i need some solution for it!!

Thank's

Post edited by gilang - Tuesday, 2009-05-19, 3:21 AM
Sunny

Message # 20 | 2:43 PM
gilang, all you can do is wait. You can also uninstall "Site search" module - then a default search will be working, but it's not so advanced and searches only within a definite module.
spongebob

Message # 21 | 2:44 PM
Sunny, what do you mean for:
...then a default search will be working
...and searches only within a definite module

I'm asking that because I'm still having those kind of problems.

Thanks,
Stefano

P.S.
just forgive my last sentence...I had a try and I could check that my search engine it's working properly right now
Thanks a lot uCoz team about that!

come and visit me at http://www.majinbu.ucoz.com/
Post edited by spongebob - Tuesday, 2009-05-19, 9:17 AM
Sunny

Message # 22 | 2:44 PM
spongebob, it means that an old search form will be working, it doesn't need to be installed and works by default. It has less features than a new Search, and can't search the whole website, but only particular modules. So if you don't want to wait, then you can use this kind of search.
itseeker

Message # 23 | 2:44 PM
my search module is not working..

i have set the SEARCH MODULE on the main page of my site. and i search the word " Tune ".. nothing found in the FORUM.

and when i go to forums >> search >>
then it finds

Antonioni

Message # 24 | 2:44 PM
I have that same problem :D:D.. I deleted all of my stuff because the search is not working ! can you please check: http://musicspace.do.am
Post edited by Antonioni - Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 3:03 PM
Sunny

Message # 25 | 2:44 PM
itseeker, when our search engine came to index your forum some time ago, there were some maintenance works on your forum or smth like that so that it didn't manage to index the forum. You need to wait till your forum will be re-indexed.

Antonioni, I can't say anything about the deleted stuff (strange way to solve problems btw) but your current entries haven't been indexed yet as they were added yesterday. And in fact there is almost nothing to search at your website now.

itseeker

Message # 26 | 2:44 PM
Thank sunny..

Please tell me when its going to be indexed. i have lots of stuff in my forums.
or any way that where i can request to any one to be index as soon as possible.

Sunny

Message # 27 | 2:45 PM
itseeker, the sites are being indexed in automatic mode, therefore I can't say when your forum is going to be indexed. And you can't make the process faster.
Ar7

Message # 28 | 2:45 PM
Site search module doesn't index protected pages. When members login and search protected pages which the members are authourised to see, these pages are not displayed in search results. Is this a bug. Are there any settings to change it ?

There is another bug with site search module. It indexes the tag cloud which is displayed in the sidebar. Since protected pages also have tag entries it shows a lot of access denied results in search results. Please give me a solution asap.

Post edited by Ar7 - Thursday, 2009-05-28, 7:02 PM
Sunny

Message # 29 | 2:45 PM
Quote (Ar7)
Site search module doesn't index protected pages. When members login and search protected pages which the members are authourised to see, these pages are not displayed in search results. Is this a bug. Are there any settings to change it ?

It is not a bug, it must be so. The robot that indexes websites can see only those pages and entries that are available for Guests, he can't register at your website to see the protected pages.

Quote (Ar7)
There is another bug with site search module. It indexes the tag cloud which is displayed in the sidebar. Since protected pages also have tag entries it shows a lot of access denied results in search results. Please give me a solution asap.

This bug has been already fixed and everything will work fine after your website has been re-indexed.

gilang

Message # 30 | 2:45 PM
Quote (Sunny)
gilang, all you can do is wait. You can also uninstall "Site search" module - then a default search will be working, but it's not so advanced and searches only within a definite module.

OK i'll be waiting, but waiting for what? and how long I must be waiting 4??? I've all ready done uninstall "Site search" module but still not working. Can u miss sunny or someone else explain about this cause problem ??

Thank's,

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: