uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 301 | 12:52 PM
gasparean, please provide also some examples - links to entries with tags and to entries with edited titles (or keywords by which they can be found).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
gasparean

Message # 302 | 10:38 AM
Sunny,

gasparean.com/search/?q=yerevan – the first three results – there is no title filled in for any of these currently

and..

this entry, for instance – it has a tag 'inessa' (as long as it's been published)

however

gasparean.com/search/?q=inessa – nothing found :(

Thank you!

Added (2013-08-09, 4:38 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Sunny, should I hope that the database will be updated shortly and regularly, or the bugs like this are simply ignored?

Sunny

Message # 303 | 11:16 AM
gasparean, the search by tags is available by the following link http://gasparean.com/search/inessa , this one - http://gasparean.com/search/?q=inessa - is for global search.

As for reindexing of edited entries - it takes up to 14 days. When exactly were those entries edited? There is also such thing as manual reindexing:

Quote (Natashko)
In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

gasparean

Message # 304 | 12:45 PM
It should be a while.. on entries management list titles are shown in Entry ID: 1 format. but thank you anyway, i discovered this &t=1 tail coming with urls... thank you and p.s. make it possible using $OTHER$ and some other similar in templates, PLEASE, this is !important
Sunny

Message # 305 | 1:53 PM
gasparean, please post suggestions in the following thread http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1 I can also say that some new $variables$ will be added to certain templates after the next update.
carloscompu

Message # 306 | 8:59 PM
is it posible to add the tag search result to entries without using iframe to the search

example if someone enters to playstation entry on the clefter i want to show a list of images related to this entry and another list of videos related to this entry.

Iv been able to do it with iframes but it consumes space and work
Im wishing for something automatically like an informer for each entry tag list.

I know informers dont do this but there has to be a direct code to show the content of the tag
Post edited by carloscompu - Sunday, 2013-09-08, 10:59 PM
Sunny

Message # 307 | 1:52 PM
carloscompu, do you want related images/videos to be displayed on the page with search results or on entry pages? And are these images/videos separate entries on the corresponding modules?
carloscompu

Message # 308 | 11:14 PM
on the entry page
I did it with iframes using the tag url
But I need something more easier and less consuming space
And yes they are seperated entries
one is from the video module and the photo module to be shown on the main topic entry which is in the publish module
Is more like a related entry but from other modules

example if someone enters to playstation entry on publisher i want to show a list of images related to this entry and another list of videos related to this entry.
Sunny

Message # 309 | 2:08 PM
carloscompu, I'm afraid by standard means it won't be possible. You could try jQuery load(): instead of iframes, but I can't help you with the exact codes.
StNikola

Message # 310 | 8:38 AM
I have problem with search.
My site is http://crtani.ucoz.com/.
When I search for Macak nothing return in search:

http://crtani.ucoz.com/search/?q=Macak

I have page with that word:

http://crtani.ucoz.com/video/vip/23/dugometrazni/macak_u_cizmama
Sunny

Message # 311 | 12:37 PM
StNikola, unfortunately the global search ($SEARCH_FORM$) is not working in the Video module. Only the module search will work - $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
StNikola

Message # 312 | 2:30 PM
Thanks that will be good biggrin cool
bodbreed

Message # 313 | 4:12 AM
Why is the smaller img stretched?

Link : http://www.ventlyfe.com/search....deo&t=1
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 314 | 4:06 AM
XO-Ferg, the height is set to 50px in the inline styling (of the image).
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Mar1aN

Message # 315 | 6:53 AM
Why some codes from load module are not working in the site search?
Code

$SOURCE_URL$  
$RFILE_DIRECT_URL$  

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: