uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
CodeResolution

Message # 46 | 2:48 PM
Ive noticed that the search feature actually does not find Downloads, blogs... But it does work for find News Entries and in Forum.
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
fakeros

Message # 47 | 2:48 PM
Have you read this whole thread properly?
I m back on track...
Sunny

Message # 48 | 2:48 PM
spongebob, the search module is being improved at the moment.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Classic

Message # 49 | 2:48 PM
My search engine isn't working too .. But it works when I'm clicked to tag , and then put some word in search box wink
LOOK : 1. http://subtitri.ucoz.lv/index/meklet_subtitrus/0-6
2.click on site
3. search ....

How can I fix this problem ...? And make sereach much comfortable?

(site is created 2 days ago biggrin , so biggrin )

Post edited by Classic - Thursday, 2009-10-08, 6:56 PM
Sunny

Message # 50 | 2:48 PM
Classic, it is difficult to understand your problem because of your English. Try to ask in your native language - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/28-8-1
warezparadise

Message # 51 | 2:49 PM
It had been 2 months but still the my website has been not indexed by your search engines.I am using Photo Albums and Online Games module with a huge number of posts and without search It is difficult to search games and photos.Please make this indexing fast.
Sunny

Message # 52 | 2:49 PM
warezparadise, Site search is under construction at the moment.
PSP0P

Message # 53 | 2:49 PM
is it possible to search a custom page?
Sunny

Message # 54 | 2:49 PM
PSP0P, I don't think so.
NTP

Message # 55 | 2:49 PM
i don't know if this applies to the search. but i seen many sites with the search on the admin bar, but where the search should be is this is this part of search not working or did i do something wrong?
Attachments: 9804092.gif (0.1 Kb)

Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
Sunny

Message # 56 | 2:49 PM
NTP, show me please an Admin Bar with search. And the picture you showed displays occupied disk space.
NTP

Message # 57 | 2:50 PM
um sunny here's one:
Attachments: 8795812.png (75.8 Kb)

Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
Sunny

Message # 58 | 2:50 PM
NTP, it is not Admin Bar, it is User Bar. Admin Bar doesn't have a search feature.
alinpelin222

Message # 59 | 2:50 PM
Hi,i want to know if is possible to put in alfabetical order the search results,and if it´s possible how can i do this???
Now appears in the top the first entryes and at the bottam the newest entryes...
Thanks!
Dartz

Message # 60 | 2:50 PM
Then what's the point of search? It searches by keyword and those having most matches
are at top. What's the point if it goes alphabetical if the one matching the most is the last?

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: