• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Preventing Lightbox from loading?
Preventing Lightbox from loading?
darkion

Message # 1 | 8:07 PM
Hello everyone.
First of all, I'd like to apologize if it wasn't the right section to post in, as lightbox is a shared function across the whole website.
Anyways, I want to know how to prevent loading lightbox's CSS file [ulightbox.css] . Loading it slows down my website.

Thanks

PixelKhaos

Message # 2 | 9:14 PM
The lightbox CSS shouldn't take any serious loading time, or really be noticable at all.
Are you sure it is the case?

In any case, could you provide a link to the website with the issue?

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 8:15 AM
darkion, as Pixel has said; the lightbox CSS file is pretty small and being a CSS file shouldn't slow your loading time at all. A site URL would help greatly. Just also - are you using and third party scripts on your site or high amounts of externally linked documents on top of the standard system ones?
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
darkion

Message # 4 | 9:13 AM
Thanks for your replays.

When I ran the speed test again, I found that the following files are causing the delay.
-uWnd.js
-Some js files which I don't know why they exist as I have never added them.

As for uWnd.js, I believe it is for uCOZ small windows, but it's kind of large file [60KB] and causes serious delay.
Other JS files are loaded from Russian websites, which -sometimes- are out of service and thus cause series delay as well [I'm not using these scripts, I think they are added automatically by the server]
And for the lightbox, it's about 10KB. It would have been nicer if uCOZ allowed users to disable it. But as you said, it's not a big problem.

You can check this image-less page of my website http://darkionsblog.com/index/0-3

Sunny

Message # 5 | 11:08 AM
darkion, I don't think that you need to worry about your website speed, it loads fast:

The system scripts can be disabled via custom coding by in this case half of the features on your website won't work.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Preventing Lightbox from loading?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: