• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » I Really Need help (Can I HOST videos on my site?)
I Really Need help
evansjeffery17

Message # 1 | 9:04 PM
so i was wondering if it would be possible to create a completely independent video hosting site..... i've tried to allow users to upload videos and the videos be entirely contained within the website, but it only give users the option to grab a video from a link or have the videos hosted on youtube, which wasn't what i was aiming for nor had in mind when creating the site. so my final question is pretty simple: is it possible to create an entirely self-contained video hosting site using uCoz? if not, is there any alternative that would be able to do so?
Please help. cry
Post edited by evansjeffery17 - Friday, 2018-07-20, 9:05 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 11:32 PM
evansjeffery17, for small-sized videos, yes, it is technically possible, but not through the Video module. Use another module (for example, the File Catalog), but make sure to customize the templates of the module to fit your needs.

On the other hand, I personally wouldn't recommend hosting video files on your website's own file host as they are usually very large files and would eventually fill up your disk space very quickly (keep in mind that you have less than half a gigabyte, which is constantly growing). Another issue could be the max file size limitation of the system.

You should also keep in mind that you are not allowed to store any kind of content that is against the uCoz usage terms in your website's host (i.e. copyrighted content).

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
evansjeffery17

Message # 3 | 3:26 PM
Thanks, i'll fiddle around with it. biggrin
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » I Really Need help (Can I HOST videos on my site?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: