uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Banner Rotator (creation, settings)
Banner Rotator
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:01 AM
Banner Rotator is a feature that permits to display several banners at one spot in random order.

Before you create a banner you must first create at least one category. Then click on the button Add banner.

Banner type: See the description below.

Banner name: This is an internal name, for you to distinguish one banner form another. So give your banners informative names.

Category: A category combines banners into one unit, i.e. if you insert a category script on a page different banners from this one category will be shown in one place.

Full URL of banner image: Here you must enter full URL of a banner image.

Width/height: If all 7 images are of the same size you can set their size, different from the real one. If you leave the fields blank an image will be displayed in its real size.

Site address (URL): Here you must enter the URL of a site which must open when someone clicks on the banner. You can also select the following option – open in a new window (_blank), in the current window (_top).

Text to be displayed under the banner: Any text that describes the image.

Priority: the higher the priority is, the more often the banner is displayed.
You can set Initial number of exposures: and Initial number of clicks:
You can also limit banner exposure by setting the Max. number of exposures: and Max. number of clicks:

A banner may be displayed not immediately: you can set Starting date of banner exposure: and can limit the exposure by setting Expire date of banner exposure: or Weekdays when the banner is exposed:

The form changes depending on a banner type.
1. If a banner is a .jpg, .gif, .png image then the system adds an IMG tag to the image URL, and the form looks like this:

2. If it is a flash banner the system adds an EMBED tag to the image URL, and the form looks like this:

3. If a banner is a simple hyperlink text the system displays this text as a link, and the form looks like this:

4. If you want to add some other code select the banner type “Full code” and the system will display it as it is, and the form will look like this:

Don’t forget to select a category of the banner.

One and the same banner can have up to 7 different images which will be displayed in turn.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 31 | 2:12 PM
easysharez, I understand what you want. You cannot simply add the code. Current logo consists of two parts - /.s/t/991/3.jpg and /.s/t/991/4.jpg. They must be replaced by the script, and this requires knowledge. Anyway I am not a good coder. Ask on Design Customization.

P.S. Change you signature, max allowed height is 60 px.

easysharez

Message # 32 | 2:36 PM
OK, I removed my signature,

But as the banner goes, there is no way i can remove it and put my own in then?

Post edited by easysharez - Wednesday, 2009-11-04, 2:37 PM
Sunny

Message # 33 | 2:40 PM
easysharez, I didn't say that it is impossible. It just requires knowledge. I cannot help. Maybe someone else can.
easysharez

Message # 34 | 2:40 PM
So, this also means I can't even use the Banner rotator.

OK, thank you for your time

Post edited by easysharez - Wednesday, 2009-11-04, 2:47 PM
Kimbo

Message # 35 | 4:36 PM
Can we somehow get more than 30 banners in the banner rotator? 30 is not enough :-( we really really need to get a lot more - please kindly contact us - our page is safetrade.ucoz.com
Post edited by Kimbo - Saturday, 2009-11-07, 4:49 PM
Sunny

Message # 36 | 3:06 PM
Kimbo, the number of banners has been increased to 60.
Hilti26

Message # 37 | 4:37 PM
how do i add the rotating banner code to the forum so that i can have banners on the forum page to?
thanks ian
Sunny

Message # 38 | 9:32 AM
Hilti26, click "Get the code" and paste the code into the forum template in any place you want.
elordmayor

Message # 39 | 12:05 PM
I still need to be put through on how to add my widgets.

Added (2010-03-04, 6:05 Am)
---------------------------------------------
easysharez, cry

Sunny

Message # 40 | 2:10 PM
elordmayor, how are widgets related to banner rotator?
Erik6696

Message # 41 | 6:35 PM
Hello

I want make google adsense on my homepage
but when I take the code in the HTML Codes th banner is only an black banner sad
why?
Cant I make google adsense on my homepage?

thank you

Tommy

Message # 42 | 2:31 AM
Discussion about Google ad sense goes here http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/23-952-1
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
atkhenz

Message # 43 | 5:26 PM
thanks... it works on me...
gallian

Message # 44 | 5:12 PM
i'm beginner
my banner doesn't appear on home page... can someone help me and what steps can i take? thx
Attachments: 3929760.jpg (74.5 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 45 | 1:37 PM
gallian, did you paste the banner code into the place where you want it to appear?
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Banner Rotator (creation, settings)
Search: