uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Banner Rotator (creation, settings)
Banner Rotator
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:01 AM
Banner Rotator is a feature that permits to display several banners at one spot in random order.

Before you create a banner you must first create at least one category. Then click on the button Add banner.

Banner type: See the description below.

Banner name: This is an internal name, for you to distinguish one banner form another. So give your banners informative names.

Category: A category combines banners into one unit, i.e. if you insert a category script on a page different banners from this one category will be shown in one place.

Full URL of banner image: Here you must enter full URL of a banner image.

Width/height: If all 7 images are of the same size you can set their size, different from the real one. If you leave the fields blank an image will be displayed in its real size.

Site address (URL): Here you must enter the URL of a site which must open when someone clicks on the banner. You can also select the following option – open in a new window (_blank), in the current window (_top).

Text to be displayed under the banner: Any text that describes the image.

Priority: the higher the priority is, the more often the banner is displayed.
You can set Initial number of exposures: and Initial number of clicks:
You can also limit banner exposure by setting the Max. number of exposures: and Max. number of clicks:

A banner may be displayed not immediately: you can set Starting date of banner exposure: and can limit the exposure by setting Expire date of banner exposure: or Weekdays when the banner is exposed:

The form changes depending on a banner type.
1. If a banner is a .jpg, .gif, .png image then the system adds an IMG tag to the image URL, and the form looks like this:

2. If it is a flash banner the system adds an EMBED tag to the image URL, and the form looks like this:

3. If a banner is a simple hyperlink text the system displays this text as a link, and the form looks like this:

4. If you want to add some other code select the banner type “Full code” and the system will display it as it is, and the form will look like this:

Don’t forget to select a category of the banner.

One and the same banner can have up to 7 different images which will be displayed in turn.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
carloscompu

Message # 76 | 11:13 AM
Im using the banner rotator for local ads from friends.cause it has a hit count.I would like to build a script to show them in a page the exact amount of hits without having to log in to my control penal to show them.
Sunny

Message # 77 | 1:37 PM
carloscompu, I'm afraid it is not possible.
carloscompu

Message # 78 | 2:55 PM
Then wat is the porpose of this banner rotator if you cant show the announcer the stats
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 79 | 12:17 PM
carloscompu, the banner rotator shows the statistics to the website administrator - all rotators function to this same capacity. Their purpose is to allow the website administrator to create efficient rotators which can show multiple advertisements within the same space. They however aren't designed to act as an interface or substitution for an advanced solution. wink

If you wish to suggest a uCoz feature please do so in the correct thread.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
shizzy21

Message # 80 | 11:45 AM
Hello,
A newbie here smile
All my banners doesn't work, not showing at all and i dunno why.
I did everything like in instructions shown, but no result.
Can some one help me?!
If i'm in wrong topic, then tell where to write this question.

My desing is # 786
Sunny

Message # 81 | 11:08 AM
shizzy21, please provide the website address and describe your actions step by step.
shizzy21

Message # 82 | 1:59 PM
Sunny, My website is http://shizzy21.ucoz.com/ (site is in Latvian)
I made a banner using this guide http://manual.ucoz.net/board/39-1-0-442 (it's in Russian) and saved the img file on pc, after that i uploaded using File manager and copied the url of image.
Than i opened the banner rotator and made a category in it, then clicked on add banner and choose type of banner as Image. Typed a name of banner, chose category, pasted the url in full url of banner, typed size of banner by the img size and pasted the site address, choose priority, typed number of clicks and exposures as 10, choose date and days, choose activate and saved it.

Then i went inside of site, used control panel to open and start the constructor. then i added a block, where i typed name of block i opened the options. Picked a html and pasted the code of banner from banner rotator. And saved everything.
But banners isn't showing.
I tested different ways, but got only a image of banner which even didn't reacted on clicks or nothing at all.
Would love to have some help from someone.
Sunny

Message # 83 | 2:36 PM
shizzy21, is the banner code currently installed in one of the side blocks? Which one?
shizzy21

Message # 84 | 9:49 PM
Sunny, Yes, banner code is installed in side block named Vietnes draugi.
Sunny

Message # 85 | 10:08 AM
shizzy21, this one?

It is displayed now.

shizzy21

Message # 86 | 9:24 PM
Sunny, Yes that is one of banners.
Em... i'm so sorry smile I found it out that my add blocker was working on this site smile so i puted site on whitelist smile

Thanks for helping me, i'm gona give you some reputation points for this.
Thanks again.
invisibleguy

Message # 87 | 2:01 PM
please is there a limit of banner rotators for a website
Sunny

Message # 88 | 8:43 AM
invisibleguy, yes, the maximum number is 60.
klikser

Message # 89 | 9:55 PM
Hello Every one!
Wats happen with banner rotators tonight? All my banners rotators stopped working tonight wacko

только лучшие анекдоты только ЗДЕСЬ
Sunny

Message # 90 | 7:54 AM
klikser, provide the URL of your website and a screenshot of where the banners must be displayed.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Banner Rotator (creation, settings)
Search: