• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Hide the Color Option in the Forums
Hide the Color Option in the Forums
CoffeeCone

Message # 1 | 5:21 PM
Awhile ago, I got to a problem where I don't want users to be able to specify the font color for their posts. This is mainly because I sometimes change my website's theme from a light color to a totally dark one, thus, would render the coloring that they have possibly made, useless. So here's what I only needed to do.

Put the following code on your CSS file.

Code
#bc6{display:none;}

And that's it. Although this might not actually prevent the users from using the [color] code, it might give them the impression that it's not allowed and so they won't even bother to try it out.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Kness

Message # 2 | 2:14 AM
This just gives them a colour to fit for both type of coloured designs?
My Projects:
Post edited by Kness - Sunday, 2011-03-06, 2:15 AM
CoffeeCone

Message # 3 | 11:06 PM
Quote (Kness)
This just gives them a colour to fit for both type of coloured designs?

Huh? Umm, no, this hides the drop down on the forum post so that user's can't see it, thus discouraging them to use colors on their posts which could affect the way posts appear if the site admin plans to change theme colors in the future.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Hide the Color Option in the Forums
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: