• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Online game link on the forum (a way to get to the online games from the forun)
Online game link on the forum
gmonly

Message # 1 | 0:37 AM
not sure if i am allowed to post this or not, if not, i thought it was worth sharing, so i tried.

I have the redirect straight to the forum when someone logs into my site, so there was no way for my visiters to get to see the online games offered.

I got messing around trying a few things (unbelievably I did not mess things up), I put a link to the online games on my forum, I have not modified the color or spacing of the hotlink, it works, so I left it alone. I have the #651 template, so I do not know if this will work on any other forum, I guess if you would like a link on your forum, you can try this out. I searched this forum for anything stating how to put a link on the forum, with no luck, maybe this will come in hand for someone else. (note I put the link under my site name, next to the links for (about centered) Private messages(0) · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search, just above my Tag Board (Shout Box), I did name the link "Online Games"). also, for the ones that have the forum hidden from the guests, this still works, this link is hidden from the guests.

this is the code I used:

Code
<a href="http://your site address/stuff/"><!--<s5176>-->Online games<!--</s>--></a> » <!--<s5386>-->Online games<!--</s>--> (<b>$NUM_ENTRIES$</b>)

not sue if <s5176> or <s5386> is the same for your site, you can check in Main » Customize design » Online games » Module main page, look for the line that has "Online games" (about half way down), your <s5176> and <s5386> will be listed there. if they are different, copy and paste them in the code I provided.

i put it:

Main » Customize design » Forum » General appearance of forum pages. just below
Code
<td align="right">[<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?>

just above:

Code
<a href="javascript://" rel="nofollow" id="upml" class="fNavLink" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');return false;"><!--<s3065>-->Private messages<!--</s>-->($UNREAD_PM$)</a> ·
<?if($IS_NEW_PM$)?><script type="text/javascript">function flashit(id,cl){var c=document.getElementById(id);if (c.style.color=='red'){c.style.color=cl;}else {c.style.color='red';}}setInterval("flashit('upml','')",500)</script><bgsound src="http://s57.ucoz.net/img/fr/pm.wav" loop="1" volume="0" balance="0">
<?endif?><?endif?>
PixelKhaos

Message # 2 | 1:07 AM
This should be in Hints and Tips for uCoz.
Wait for moderator to move.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 3:16 AM
Mov-ed. smile

Moved from Forum to Hints & Tips For uCoz.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Online game link on the forum (a way to get to the online games from the forun)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: