• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Chat
Chat
mickey

Message # 1 | 2:04 PM
guys , i want to add a chat feature in my website , where online people can chat with each other .
Please , i tried but it didnt work out !
Please tell me the steps !!
I would be grateful to them .

My aim is to help people in their studies , And bring people whom i know together .
Please biggrin
My website is rockbig.ucoz.com

I have use addon chat , but i want something more interesting like a facebook chat , etc
Morover i want some video chat ,call features .
Post edited by mickey - Thursday, 2012-10-04, 2:08 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 2:07 PM
mickey, in what regards are you meaning chat feature? You can used third party providers (AJAX/JavaScript) or alternatively use the uCoz Tag Board.

If you require more information could you please clarify exactly what it is you are looking for. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
mickey

Message # 3 | 2:10 PM
Dear paradox,
I want to have a chat room in my website ,where each user can find who are online and chat with them . !! biggrin smile

And i want the steps too !!! Plz , i'm an amature in websites !!!
Post edited by mickey - Thursday, 2012-10-04, 2:11 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 2:53 PM
mickey, okay, to begin, open Control Panel > Inactive (located beneath the modules listing) > Tag Board. Install the module and navigate to your sites home page. If you are unable to view the module open Site > Builder > Enable Builder. Once the builder is enabled create a new block and using the editing features locate the tag board/chat box in the site components page and Save by following Builder > Save Changes.

If you do not like the Tag Board as a chatroom search Google for any free providers that do not require PHP integration. Follow the above steps when creating the block except instead of looking in site components open the "HTML" tab and paste the code you are provided with. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Xayaan

Message # 5 | 5:38 AM
mickey, In Regard To Your Question , I Have Used A Third Party Software To Add A Chat Bar To My Website , SEE HERE -----> http://mv4fun.ucoz.net , Which Has Been Very Useful To Me , If You Would Like To Install The Bar Go To ---> ....]....] And Follow The Instructions given in the website and have fun ! smile
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Post edited by Xayaan - Saturday, 2012-10-20, 5:41 AM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Chat
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: