Page 1 of 11
Forum moderator: bigblog 
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Manipulate strings in blank field of Editing Entry Page
Manipulate strings in blank field of Editing Entry Page
khen

Message # 1 | 3:53 AM
How to manipulate strings in the blank field of Editing Entry Page of my Ad Board.

I have a blank field in the Editing Entry Page of Ad Board. This blank field is intended for the price of the Ad item. I want to manipulate the characters to be entered in the blank field.

As the user types the characters, the user is force to enter numeric characters. Non-numeric characters will be removed on the fly.

This is the field form to be manipulated:

Code
<input type="text" id="bdF13" size="35" class="manFlOth1" style="width:100%;" name="other1" value="Php 3,600,000" maxlength="100">

Please help...

Post edited by khen - Thursday, 2016-09-01, 3:57 AM
bigblog
*boops*

Message # 2 | 7:25 AM
khen, insert the following code after the $BODY$ tag in the Entry adding/editing page:
Code
<script type="text/javascript">
$("#bdF13").keyup(function () {
    var newValue = $(this).val().replace(/[^0-9]/g,'');
    $(this).val(newValue);    
});  
</script>

hey i'm joe, please don't call me on my real name because you're gonna misspell or mispronounce it and it drives me nuts
khen

Message # 3 | 1:55 PM
thanks bigblog. You're truly a great helper. You're such a blessing. But there's another thing I want to add. How can I limit the number of characters (numbers) into 10 digits?
bigblog
*boops*

Message # 4 | 4:45 PM
khen, use the following code which you need to paste before the </script> tag closing of the code from my previous message:
Code
$(document).ready(function() {
  $("bdF13").attr('maxlength',10);
});

Here's a working fiddle: https://jsfiddle.net/osrobcgp/

Tip: You might wanna use
placeholder="Php 3,600,000"
instead of
value="Php 3,600,000"
because it would work and look better. smile

hey i'm joe, please don't call me on my real name because you're gonna misspell or mispronounce it and it drives me nuts
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Manipulate strings in blank field of Editing Entry Page
Page 1 of 11
Search: