Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Unable To Access Sites In The USA (Provider: AT&T or Comcast)
Unable To Access Sites In The USA
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 1 | 11:29 PM
This thread is a temporary-release thread. (aka will be closed and hidden upon the solution of problems)

Please post messages in this thread if your internet provider is AT&T or Comcast and you have been unable to access your site.

When posting messages please provide the following:

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Heartbrake

Message # 2 | 11:29 PM
Quote (Paradox)
could you please run a tracert and provide the results. smile With a little more information we will be able to give users a precise indication of the problems that are occurring. wink

I've already done this for this website, do I have to do this every time we have this issue?!

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 11:29 PM
Heartbrake, unfortunately so. Every time a server fails there are numerous causes for the issue. The team needs to be able to identify whether the problem is at the providers friend or the uCoz end. If it is the uCoz end the team works as best they can to fix it. If it's the providers end they contact the provider requesting for them to unblock the site. All in all the tracing results indicate where the problem is originating and what connection the team would need to be looking at if it's at the uCoz end.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 11:29 PM
Heartbrake, when and where did you post the results? Anyway it is better to have the most recent results, problems can be different.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Heartbrake

Message # 5 | 11:30 PM
Quote (Paradox)
Heartbrake, when and where did you post the results? Anyway it is better to have the most recent results, problems can be different.

Nice new avatar, anyway:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Crystallina>tracert rivals.at.ua

Tracing route to rivals.at.ua [193.109.247.57]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254
2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 70.159.184.35
3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 70.159.200.204
4 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 70.159.202.123
5 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 70.159.202.31
6 23 ms 10 ms 10 ms 12.81.8.78
7 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms 12.81.8.69
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

And I posted it a while back, I seriously don't know why you people keep having this problem with the servers. Also, don't tell me to contact my service provider, they are going to simply say they aren't doing anything like they did last time I reported it to them. This is the 3rd time one or more of my sites goes down and its been down for more then 4 days. I'm starting to think of getting some kind of compensation of this lack of service regardless where it comes from, this is not what I paid for.
¬¬

Post edited by Heartbrake - Wednesday, 2012-05-09, 1:21 AM
Bloodyboy450

Message # 6 | 11:30 PM
Is there nothing that can be done for my website...? So that's it, I can't access it again?
Master4650

Message # 7 | 11:30 PM
Today around 12 I created a website, And then I exited out and came back around 3 to work on it. When I came back it would not let me access the Control Panel or the website. I've asked many other people to try to connect to it and they can't. I've tried Firefox and Google Chrome and still nothing. A secure login won't work either. I've changed my proxy settings multiple times and turned on and off my firewall and nothing has came up. Address: http://criminaljustice.do.am

Any Ideas?
Bloodyboy450

Message # 8 | 11:30 PM
Master4650,

Your problem sounds very similar to mine, I made my new website, then a day after I came back to work on it, and I can't access it at all, done all the same steps too.
Heartbrake

Message # 9 | 11:30 PM
Bloodyboy450, Master4650, Bloodyboy450
Your website is down due to problems Ucoz is having in their server. They claim it is our service provider (the company that gives us internet access) but I highly doubt this. I'm guessing they are using that as an excuse to not give compensation for the lack of service. I am paying for the activeness of my websites, I can't be having this happening!

Post edited by Heartbrake - Wednesday, 2012-05-09, 1:24 AM
TakenChance

Message # 10 | 11:30 PM
Quote (Heartbrake)
Your website is down due to problems Ucoz is having in their server. They claim it is our service provider (the company that gives us internet access) but I highly doubt this. I'm guessing they are using that as an excuse to not give compensation for the lack of service. I am paying for the activeness of my websites, I can't be having this happening!

Thanks, I've used this hoster so many times before and I've never had any problems and when I use proxy servers nothing happens. They need to get this resolved so I can get back to working on my site.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 11 | 11:31 PM
TakenChance, Master4650, could the two of you please provide tracing results for your sites URL. We currently suspect your provider has blocked the server's IP address and therefore is preventing users from accessing it. If you could provide your traceroute results we will be able to finalise the cause of these problems and advise as necessary.

Please also understand that if the provider is blocking the server then there is nothing that the uCoz team are able to do about it. The only way to resolve the problem is to contact the provider about it.

Bloodyboy450

Message # 12 | 11:31 PM
Paradox,

I know you're trying to help, but it must not be the provider, I can't get on their websites either. There seems to be a common thread, where if you make a new website, and go back to it a day or two later it's not accessible again.
PixelKhaos

Message # 13 | 11:31 PM
Bloodyboy450, This is not the case, I can assure you.
Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Bloodyboy450

Message # 14 | 11:31 PM
Acid,

Sorry, I'm not trying to impose on anything, I'm just noting it, there must be a problem somewhere else than the provider. I have two websites, both hosted by Ucoz. How is it possible that one is not accessible to me and many others, but the other one is accessible to everyone? Must be something with the host.
PixelKhaos

Message # 15 | 11:31 PM
Bloodyboy450, Many providers have been known to block uCoz IP's. As what I've understood, the UK and USA got this problem the most.
I have under 6 years, and with many different servers, never encountered any problem, nor have my users.

I ask you to follow Paradox's instructions, this will help us help you.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Unable To Access Sites In The USA (Provider: AT&T or Comcast)
Search: