• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Why won't you support external JS files? (Help me and answer please)
Why won't you support external JS files?
manganime

Message # 1 | 4:00 AM
I was editing my site when I realized that external JS (JavaScript/JScript) files weren't accepted by Ucoz when I tried using
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordion.js"></script>
. I figured, meh, that's okay, I'll just copy and paste the script in manually, but then, to my horror, I exceeded the limit of 75k characters. Is there any way I can use external JS files? Also, why can't I in the first place?
Post edited by manganime - Wednesday, 2008-08-13, 4:00 AM
Kron_old

Message # 2 | 9:47 AM
Quote (manganime)
Why won't you support external JS files?!?!?

why do you ask so silly question?

WE SUPPORT ALL JAVASCRIPT!!!

Quote (manganime)
I exceeded the limit of 75k characters.

clean your HTML code from useless trash!!!
manganime

Message # 3 | 4:34 PM
You don't support EXTERNAL js files. i cannot use <script src="source code here"></script>

Added (2008-08-13, 10:34 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Question, if I have JS scripts, how do I access them through the Import of remote code?

Which one of these should I use?
<script>$RCODE_1$</script>
<script src="$RCODE_1$"></script>
$RCODE_1$

Post edited by manganime - Wednesday, 2008-08-13, 7:12 PM
Kron_old

Message # 4 | 3:08 PM
Quote (manganime)
You don't support EXTERNAL js files. i cannot use <script src="source code here"></script>

look this page source and you will find EXTERNAL JS inclusion!

Quote (manganime)
Question, if I have JS scripts, how do I access them through the Import of remote code?

you wrote stupid notice about ucoz, so I will not help you....

remember, if you can't do simple thing like JS inclusion - this is not system fault, this is your small knowledge in web-technology!!!

manganime

Message # 5 | 3:15 PM
JS inclusion is this script:
<script src="http://www.whatever.com/javascript.js"></script>
I know how to do it, but when I used that script before, it would not work, so I tried using the Import of Remote Code but I need help understanding how to call it.
Kron_old

Message # 6 | 10:53 AM
Quote (manganime)

I know how to do it, but when I used that script before, it would not work, so I tried using the Import of Remote Code but I need help understanding how to call it.

please write correct JS url

Every page in ucoz has

Code
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://src.ucoz.net/src/ajax.js"></script>
inclusion, so this proves that ucoz support any kind of JS (external and internal). Frankly speaking it is impossible to forbid JS inclusion if full template customization is allowed.
manganime

Message # 7 | 4:11 PM
I know it supports external scripts but it won't support MY scripts, if I upload a script to the file manager and include it, it will not open! Maybe if you actually read what my problem is, you would understand.

I uploaded a script.
I used the <script src></script> stuff and yes, it was all correct.
It didn't work.

What I want to know right now though is how to call the $RCODE_id$, saying

Quote (uCoz)
please write correct JS url
makes no sense since I'm using the $RCODE_id$
Genius

Message # 8 | 5:12 PM
If you upload it to file manager you need to take off the <script type="text/javascript" src="URL"></script> or all other script tags from file. And put this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="URL"></script>

where you want to use it.

Take a deap breath..
Post edited by Genius - Friday, 2008-08-15, 5:12 PM
manganime

Message # 9 | 5:14 PM
What are you talking about? I know how to call it an external script, but it won't accept it when it's not from Ucoz
Genius

Message # 10 | 5:22 PM
Okay, forgot what I said I didn't get you right.
Take a deap breath..
Eckho

Message # 11 | 3:33 PM
manganime,

find the write <body> to write down the .js that were ur problem is.....

#1 "if any" download first the file where the .js file is included....
im using dynamicdrive also there were several downloads w/ codes to upload it on ur site and edit the main code

#2 dont be arugant to admin and or OWNER !!! thats the #1 wrong if u are kind all of ucoz member will help you
thats what the forum use !

#3 UCOZ is the 1st innovated "FREE !!" web hosting so dont get freak out to ask about your little AGENDA !!

#4 you know what? im not going to answer this but the way you SPEAK ! the way you use sentence and the way you ask ADMIN is not right ! always DO respect either thats is not ADMIN nor MEMBER ! remember all the things have way to understand and to answer so next time watch your mouth before you complain...

anyway you can ask US anytime smile

manganime, Next to be arrogant ok ? and dont be selfish threat us like your family hood smile

godluck to your site and more power to us and godbless you smile

manganime

Message # 12 | 5:04 PM
Okay, I'm sorry, I was just getting really frustrated with not being able to get it working.
Hack-Trilogy

Message # 13 | 5:26 AM
i already got JS code but where i must to put it?
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Why won't you support external JS files? (Help me and answer please)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: