The system has been fully converted to UTF-8 encoding.
This update allows creating sites, writing in forums, adding comments etc. in any languages, even using hieroglyphs. UTF-8 is a type of encoding that is gradually winning the Internet and other computer spheres. Largest internet systems, such as Google, Yahoo, LiveJournal, Msn etc. are already working in this encoding; now it is our turn....
Attention! If your users are shown as squares, wait till all of them relog in (log out and log in to the site again). If your foreign informers or remotely attached Java scripts are displayed as squares, you should take informers in UTF encoding. If those sites do not provide such informers, then you will have to reject them (or us).
The syntax of conditional operators for templates has been changed. Abilities of conditional operators have been greatly extended, now you can specify several alternatives in one condition (Example: some text). See more detailed description in Control Panel -> Help on conditional operators.
TESTS module has been launched. Now you can create the section "Tests" on your site and enable pre-installed tests or add your own. Ajax technology is applied in tests, which makes testing procedure much simpler, you need not wait each time for the loading of the whole page.
“Multimedia” tab has been added to the Admin Bar, which allows to quickly insert video and audio files from such popular systems as youtube.com and others, and also files uploaded to any other server. BB-codes for insertion of video and audio files have been added.
•New icons for uCoz Copyright have been added, now you have a wide choice...
•The codes $GENDER_ID$ $COUNTRY_ID$ $GENDER$ $COUNTRY$ have been added to users’ informers.
•The code $USER_FULL_NAME$ has been added to the template of forum messages appearance.
•There is a new capability of uploading up to 10 photos at a time in Photo Albums, which makes the procedure of adding photos much easier.
•There is a new capability of editing photos through the site with the possibility of uploading a new photo.
•Now you can also rotate photos and make them black-and-white.
•There is an excellent capability to mark areas on photos and sign them. Now you can sign all people and objects on photos and even provide links to the sites of these people or objects (e.g. cars).
•There is a new checkmark "Save original photo" when uploading photos through the Control Panel. If you do not need to save originals of photos, uploaded through the site, then you should put a corresponding checkmark in Albums settings.
50 new designs have been added
• Specific feature "Advise a friend" has been added (Control Panel - Service – Advise a friend). With the help of this feature, the form for sending a message to a friend can be customized at any page of your site. You can also customize templates of a letter and a form.
• The login error while using personal domain and its subdomains for different uCoz sites has been corrected.
• The code $SPEC_FLAG$ has been added to all templates.
• The codes $MODULE_ID$ $URI_ID$ $PAGE_ID$ are now working in menu template.
• The code $ENTRY_URL$ is now working on user’s comments page, which allows to make the link "Go to the entry" for quick transition to the material, to which the comment was added.
• The code $UID$ is working in informer templates.
• Buttons for managing comments are by default hidden for administrators (if materials are active). Buttons are always visible for users. Therefore, administrators can see at once inactive materials and unnecessary buttons do not bother and corrupt design.
• There is a setting, regulating the way of displaying "Today" date or digits.
• There is a capability to translate months, weekdays etc. (Substitution of default phrases).
• Security code has been changed.
• There is a capability to upload images to all content modules (catalogs, blog, news) when adding/editing material. Images are automatically reduced (if they exceed preset size) and a watermark is applied (specified in Common Settings).
• In "Page Editor" module there is a capability to choose the option "Use a separate template of the page" while editing pages.
• In user groups settings there is a capability of quick permissions customization for all user group simultaneously (very handy feature).
• The page of the first login to Control Panel has been changed, now you have to make initial site settings step by step (relevant only for future sites).
• The feature of creating templates backup copies and restoring from them has been realized (useful for those who like to experiment with design).
• There is a capability of photos sorting by name in Photo Album.
• The variable $COMMENTS$ (for page with material) has been divided into parts, which permits to customize everything as the site owner wishes.
• For Polls, Mail Forms, Tag Board etc. there are $codes$ for calling them from templates, which makes templates customization easier.
• In Blog and News there is a setting "Do not display materials with the addition date later than the current one".
• When creating a skeleton, there is a new capability to add the created skeleton to the design set of your site, therefore new pages and modules will immediately get the developed design.
• There is no possibility of design selection in Module Settings any more, now you can select design in Common Settings only.
• Now the parameter “Last-Modified” will be displayed in titles of all dynamic pages, which is relevant for search engines.
• Maximal file size (initial 15Mb) will be automatically increased, depending on the expansion package, i.e. the larger is your disk quota, the larger file you can upload (relevant for FTP only).
• You can now edit global blocks directly through the site. This feature can be disabled in User Groups Settings.
• Now Site Menu can be edited through the site. This feature can be disabled in User Groups Settings.
• For site administrators there is an excellent capability for quick site management. Having entered the site as an administrator, you will see Admin Bar (a band at the top), that will greatly help you with site management and customization. This feature can be disabled in User Groups Settings. Content and design of the Admin Bar can be changed in the section "Customize Design" -> "Admin Bar" (we advise you not to do this).
• There is a setting "Block repeated e-mails" in User Settings, which prevents repeated registrations with the same e-mail.
• There is a new informer, displaying list of users who have visited the site for the last 24 hours.
• There is a capability to add security code in mail forms to protect you from automatic spam.
• In login form template there is a capability to create the field, the value of which is saved in cookies and is determined by the variable $SPEC_FLAG$ (for very experienced users only).
• There is a capability to customize security parameters, therefore you may allow several people to enter Control Panel simultaneously, disable user’s session binding to IP address (if it is dynamic) and make other useful settings.
• There is a new page, displaying the list of user’s comments (can be customized through the template).
• Protection from automatic spam in comments, Guestbook etc. has been improved (artful robots learned to read the image).
• There is a setting, regulating principle of user’s materials sorting (separate for each module).
• New user templates have been added (Registration Form template, User Page template, Users List template etc.).
• Users List page has been updated, new useful filters have been added, capability to set columns in users list has been added (Control Panel -> Users -> User Settings).
• There is a new setting for disabling "Users" feature. It is useful for sites, which do not need users (such as business card sites).
• Now FTP password is being set separately, which increases system security. For all existing sites, FTP password is the same as that to the Control Panel. However, you can change it in "Security" section.
• Control Panel usability has been improved.
• The code $PHOTO_DIRECT_URL$ has been added, it outputs direct link to demo-image.
• There is a new link "Send PM" on the page with personal messages, which allows to quickly send private message to the users, whose logins (usernames) you know.
• The code $UID$ has been added to material pages templates.
• In Forum there are the codes, displaying user’s country, identifying it by IP of the post (for each post).
• The code $URI_ID$ is now working in Forum.
• The bug, that allowed viewing messages from closed forums when viewing messages of a certain user, has been removed.
• The code $LOGIN_FORM$ has been added to Forum template.
• Fine customization of user groups’ permissions has been realized, it is very important and useful for large forums.
• There is a new capability of uploading up to 10 photos at a time when adding a post, images are automatically reduced and marked with watermark.
• There is a new template of message addition form. With it you can realize any your fantasies. You can change BB-codes for your own ones, make your own inscriptions, anything you want.
• Logging of all actions on site (including Forum) has been realized. It helps to control moderators’ and administrators’ actions. You can view log in Control Panel -> Security -> Action log.
• Domain transfer function has been updated and automated. Now you can not only attach and detach your domain by yourself (without addressing Technical Support), but also fully manage the attached domain (create subdomains, mail addresses (using capabilities of mail services like GoogleMail)).