Some innovations that will be added within several weeks.
1. A new module will be added that will have some more features than Ad Board. It will be initially set up as "Online games" module and will be filled with games. It will be interesting for those who want to have ‘cool’ websites and a lot of content but don’t like to bother about adding it themselves... For those who like to remake everything it will be a possibility to add a new section to the website by means of customization of this module.
Example of a page with a game://forum.ucoz.ru/trash/game.png
2. A special code will be added to all modules – it will let you make a rating with stars or other images quickly and easily.
The example of such rating is on the screenshot above.
Example of the code:
1 – image size, i.e. size of 1 star (12х12px)
2 – image url (/3/ - can be changed from 1 to max available – there will be different sets, or you will be able to add your own url; 12.png – image)
3 – indicator showing whether it is possible to rate or only to view: 1 – possible to rate, 0 – view only (it is desirable to put 0 for a list of entries, and 1 for a full description)
4 – type of result on a star (float – a scale accurate within one tenth; int – only whole stars, i.e. if a rating makes 2.3 - 2 full stars will be displayed; half – rounds off to halves, i.e. 2.3 will be displayed as 2 stars and a half).
3. Friendly URLs
Examples of links:
http://andrey.ucoz.org/stuff/test_section/test_category/very_very_interesting_entry/9-1-0-32 - an entry
http://andrey.ucoz.org/stuff/test_section/test_category/9 - a category
http://andrey.ucoz.org/stuff/test_section/8 - a section
Don’t worry if you decide to change links after they have been indexed by search engines – the system will automatically redirect from an old or wrong url to the necessary one, therefore search robots will be able to update them fast.
5. Some other innovations:
- subscription to PM and Email dispatch about new entries for uNet users via User Bar
- quick search of comments to own entries (in User Bar)
- PM preview
- PM notification about new awards
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.