Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Update of 01.09.2009
Update of 01.09.2009
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:42 PM

• The BB code [ spoiler]Any text[/spoiler] has been added. This BB code is intended for hiding of some information. You can use this BB code as you like. It’s appearance (button) can be changed by means of CSS, and the text on the button can be changed in “Substitution of default phrases”.

• The codes $SECTION_NAME$ and $SECTION_URL$ has been added to module "Appearance of entries" templates.

• All modules with images have now the code $IMGS_ARRAY_JS$ that outputs JavaScript array with all images, which allows to make different interesting things. In the "Online Games" module screenshots are displayed by means of this code $IMGS_ARRAY_JS$. Examine the template of this page.

• Now all non-existent entries do not redirect to the home page but display a 404 error which is better for SEO.

• By means of User Bar you can now easily find comments to your entries, which is very handy for authors who add new entries to websites. It is in "Comments" tab.

• "Preview" button has been added for PMs.

• PM notification about new awards. Can be disabled by means of profile editing.

• The codes $IMG_SMALL_URL1-10$,$IMG_URL1-10$ have been added to display images in all module templates where images are used. Before it was possible to display 3 images, now – 10; if you want to display all – use the code $IMGS_ARRAY_JS$.

• The codes $TIMESTAMP$ and $LASTMOD$ have been added. They display time stamp of entry editing and updating. The info on their usage will be posted below.

• jQuery library has been updated to version 1.3.2

• The code $ENTRY_CATS$ has been added. It displays a full list of categories where an entry belongs (separated by comma, with links). The code works in “Page with entry full text and its comments” template in those modules where an entry can belong to several categories.

• An option for entries sorting by last modification date has been added. It is very convenient for the websites that are updated by users, as after editing an entry will go up. For this option not to be abused, the date is updated not more often than once a week (an administrator can change the date anytime on entry editing page). This option can be selected in module settings.

• When creating an informer for categories of any module, a new setting has been added – it allows to output a list of categories in JavaScript array, which can be useful for those who have JavaScript coding skills.

• Friendly URL support has been added to all modules. All old links remain as they are. To change URLs of old entries you need to edit them and add titles manually (or copy entry title to the corresponding field). If you don’t need Friendly URLs you can disable them in Common Settings. If someone thinks that IDs (numbers) are not needed, he/she should read more info about friendly URLs, SEO, the realization in other systems, database optimization etc.

• A new module - "Online Games" – has been added. It can be automatically filled with games when installing it. The database contains both online and downloadable games. A website owner can add new games and delete/edit default games. If you want to use the module for your own needs – you are welcome, just install it empty and use it for any content you like.

• Every website user can now subscribe to website updates. It can be done via User Bar/Admin Bar in "Control" tab. Each time a new entry is added, a notification will be received via email or PM. You can unsubscribe from notifications in each message.

• RSS feed for Photo Albums has been added.

• Tag Board has been modified. Now it is more convenient to write, CTRL+Enter works. The most important thing is a security code for Tag Board – it won’t let transform it into a spam accumulator. The implementation of the security code has lead to the changes in operation principle – now the form is not cached but is generated on-the-fly, which allows to use flexible conditions in the form template.

• A new feature has been added to Photo Albums, it is named after the most popular library for this effect – LightBox. When clicking a demo image, a new floating window will open. You can view all images of a category within such window, and there is also a slideshow option. Here you can also rate an image, view tagged people, go to a separate page with a photo and its comments, go to the page with an original photo. In most cases this window can replace a full-scale page but in a more modern and beautiful variant. If you don’t like the window you can customize it if you have enough knowledge. LiteBox can be disabled in module settings.

• The code <?$RELATED_ENTRIES$(10)?> has been added. It outputs related entries on the page with a full entry text. The similarity is determined on the basis of tags – the more tags coincide, the more relevant is the entry. Similar entries are displayed as a list, its appearance can be customized by means of CSS. The code works in all content modules that have the page with a full entry text.

• Some bugs have been fixed (unfortunately new bugs have been added as well, we will try to fix them asap).

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Dartz

Message # 31 | 11:07 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you meant, but Site Menu by new system I find a lot better.
It's very easy to modify it, try to look in here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-1

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
kostova

Message # 32 | 2:26 AM
Quote (Pilot)
So that the module can be used for other things, instead of just media (for example - posting articles, blog posts and so on).
Can't users just use Blog posts for the Blog module, or posting articles for Site News?
bimbaby

Message # 33 | 5:09 AM
Since the last update (September 1, 2009) of UCOZ, as amended in HTMLcodes or VisualHTML, then they failed to save or not save the message and moved not open IE page?

Added (2009-09-05, 11:09 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Since the last update (September 1, 2009) of UCOZ, when I change the HTMLcodes or VisualHTML, then I save this change failed to save or remember and to report non-IE page open again?

Dartz

Message # 34 | 2:07 PM
bimbaby, FireFox is recommended browser for uCoz.

Quote (heysupp)
Can't users just use Blog posts for the Blog module, or posting articles for Site News?
You just made huge sense.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
bimbaby

Message # 35 | 2:25 PM
Dartz,thanks.
projectdesk

Message # 36 | 5:59 PM
Quote (Altric)
I'm pretty sure it means, that the HTML is in Multiple Colors, not just in one color.

haha of course! cool update, but i can sense it's gonna slow down other pc's. why not give them options?

Quote (Dartz)
I'm pretty sure you are spamming, so, stop it.

who's spamming? 0_o
Altric

Message # 37 | 6:47 PM
Quote (projectdesk)
why not give them options?

Try Making it a suggestions, i think putting it all in color could confuse people to.
Also, can we have any clues to how often the online game module will be updated?

"When you get frustrated, Just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."
~ Altric
..::Jack's Blog::..
Sunny

Message # 38 | 9:30 AM
DJ_fRee, if you mean that you have problems because of code highlighting then you can disable it - the icon in the top left corner

heysupp, some people are already using these modules and might need a new one. If you want to use the new module for games - use it.

bimbaby, try CTRL+F5.

Attachments: 1328833.png (0.5 Kb)

kostova

Message # 39 | 3:20 AM
Yes, I understand that, but isn't that the reason why there's categories? To separate the content. Rather than using another module, specifically for the purpose of games or other media.

/stuff for those who use Ucoz for a business site would sound unprofessional, not to say anything against Ucoz. Ucoz is an amazing content management with a lot of potential. I'm just considering the possibilities.
/media, on the other hand would work perfectly in my opinion. But don't quote me on that, I'm just saying for those who need another module, can simply create or separate their content into categories in their already-in-use module.

Rezwan73

Message # 40 | 12:26 PM
Quote (Sunny)
By means of User Bar you can now easily find comments to your entries, which is very handy for authors who add new entries to websites. It is in "Comments" tab.

Sorry, but I'm unable to find it's function. Can you be more specific and details on it.
How my site users can find the comments that is done in his/her posts?

Thank you.

Sunny

Message # 41 | 1:06 PM
Rezwan73, User Bar -> Control -> Comments to entries
Rezwan73

Message # 42 | 2:06 PM
Sunny, There is nothing like this. there is only "Comments management" and the bar is only visible for admin, not for the other groups. Even I've not found "Comments to entries" in control panel.

Sorry to disturb you, but I'm really confused.

Attachments: 4178410.jpg (14.5 Kb)

Sunny

Message # 43 | 8:32 AM
Rezwan73, it is Admin Bar and I wrote about User Bar. Users can see User Bar if uNet is enabled and they have uNet profiles.
Rezwan73

Message # 44 | 10:54 AM
Oh.. sorry. I'm not using the uNet user registration process and that's why i didn't understand.
and another sorry for me, as i suggested this feature but now i'm unable to use it. so sad. It would be better for me if it comes through informer.

by the way, thanks for responding. and I've another problem.

How to customize "<?$RELATED_ENTRIES$(10)?>" ??? you told to customize it in CSS. But i did not found anything like this in "Style Sheet (CSS)". Would you please help me...

Sunny

Message # 45 | 11:02 AM
Rezwan73, if you don't see the necessary class in the CSS then you must add it yourself.
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Update of 01.09.2009
Search: